Fleetwood Mac Fires Lindsey Buckingham

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2018, 7:52 pm

Mike Campbell of the Heartbreakers and Neil Finn of Crowded House to replace departing guitarist

Quote:
Fleetwood Mac has fired Lindsey Buckingham after a disagreement over the band's upcoming tour, Rolling Stone has confirmed. The band announced Monday that Mike Campbell of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers and Neil Finn of Crowded House will replace him.

Buckingham joined Fleetwood Mac in 1974 along with Stevie Nicks. He wrote and sang many of their most memorable songs, including "Go Your Own Way," "Tusk" and "Second Hand News." He left in 1987 shortly before the Tango in the Night tour (where he was replaced by Billy Burnette) and rejoined in 1996 for The Dance reunion tour. He remained active on the road with them for the next two decades. They last played full sets at Classic East and Classics West in July of last year, through they did play a brief set in January at the pre-Grammy MusiCares concert in their honor. The set ended, fittingly enough, with "Go Your Own Way."

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

belgiumguitardude
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Apr 2018, 9:53 pm

they can fire him, but nobody can replace the smoothest most underrated guitarist since Peter Green ;D