Ladies and gentlemen... the WrongPlanet writing showcase

Page 27 of 51 [ 803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 51  Next

Heidi80
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2012, 8:58 am

Pretending to be normal

I'm trying
to check everything;
hair (ok)
clothes (slightly smelly)
behavior (don't know yet)
my mind
going from disaster
to disaster:
what if
I say something wrong?
I do something wrong?
I get a panic attac?
my stomach acts up?
I start coughing?
I bump into someone?
I spill something?

I love
going to the theatre
or opera
but hate
the expectations
my mother
always nagging
always finding flaws

so I do my best
to prepare myself
to hide
behind a mask
act right
smile right
be right
pretending
to be
someone else
pretending
to be
normal

LunaticOnTheGrass
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 May 2012, 12:39 pm

scubasteve, I love your poems. I use almost the exact same rhyme scheme and meter!

I might post my own poetry if I ever work up the courage.

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2012, 2:58 am

Hey guys. This is my first post on the thread. Let me know what you think.

Clock-Broken

She broke the clock,
When she left and slammed the door,
It cracked like a fault line,
When it landed on the floor,
Since then,
I haven’t told the time,
And time has told me nothing,
Of nature’s passing rhyme,
It sits so silent,
With broken hands,
No dusty old books,
Reveal which tools will fit to mend,

Like a menace rolling on,
Towards its end,
Time slithers around the bend,
And I am barely holding on,
My grasp on when depends,
On just the light that hits the lens,

I asked her,
To put it in her pack,
Take my time piece over sky and sea,
Safely on her back,
And she could whisper out the time,
It could climb up to the moon,
So I could see it in the shine,
But she left it,
For she was unaware,
It wouldn’t work without her near it,

Aelfwine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 May 2012, 1:37 pm

This is my first posted story.
I don't know if it is good or bad, or if my writings in general are good or bad.
I don't have any idea yet for an title.
The story takes place in my own invented world.
I had the problem that I'm not a native english speaker.
Pleas ignore or correct my mistakes.

???

Part one:

It was winter. The air was cold and fresh. On the light blue sky where a few small clouds. It was in the late morning.
The landscape was full of small and flat hills, and between them small villages with fields and gardens. They were protected by some wooden forts.
There was a long stone road. But on a hill was a bigger town with many small grey houses. In the middle of the town was a large but not so high (without many towers), ugly fortress like in many towns of the sea peoples, to protect the city.
The town had only a small wall around it. But the streets where crowded with inhabitants, traders and soldiers, with persons from the sea peoples and with the oppressed Jardenians.
Some black riders, the elite cavalry of the realms of the sea peoples rode to the huge fortress.
In the town where many construction sites.
For example next to the small palace, many workers builded some outbuildings for the new government of the realm.
Place was raw in this town. With the growing of the influence the population grows very quickly.
Before the walls were also some new city quarters. But there only poor persons lived in some quick built huts.
This was the city of Oldeneor.

Vandalend was exited. He had the order go to the residence. On his left and on his right was a guard with a black helmet and a spear made from black wood.
He was frightened. Had he done anything wrong? He worked only at the administration of the fortress. What was so important?
Before him was the gate of the residence. The gate was decorated with some wood carvings which show black foxes, one typical animal of the area of Avalia.
The soldiers at the gate saw the guards and opened the gate.
Inside the corridors of the palace where many administration officers.
Even then years ago there was not enough place for the administration. But under the government of Pojila it was horrible crowded.
So some other administration buildings where built quickly. (sad for the house owners and the inhabitants who had to search new ones)
The guards opened another door.

There was a medium large and simple room (without any decorations). On the room where four elite guards with black helmets and blue coats. At this moment the two other guards leaved the room.
In the room was only one desk and before it one chair. On the other side of the room there was another door. This was the working room (of course not the official representation hall) of the ruler.

On the chair was Pojila, he was getting older. In his face where wrinkles and his eyes where looking worried.
His coat was grey and he had three signet rings on his fingers.
Each for one of his Archarchenrealm (Archarch is the title of the leader of one of the splitted realms of the sea peoples).
Vandalend bows he spoke: “What do you want from me, Pojila Archarch and unifier from Argaldis, Muldur and Ornor?”
Pojila spoke: “I had a very important mission for you. Don’t be frightened. I have heard that you are one of the best workers in the fortress administration. I heard that I can trust you, and that you are good on writing texts.”
“Yes that is right, but what should I do?” asked Vandalend.

Pojila answered: “I want to write down the history of my live and my attempts to reunite our nation. I don’t want that this could be lost forever. Now this is your job.”
Vandalend thought some seconds, then he spoke: “I could try it. I need only a chair, a desk and (Pergament) and something to write.”
So Pojila answered: “Good, it is all prepaired.”

Two guards opened the door on the backside of the room and carried a small desk with parchment and a chair into the room.
Pojila noticed: “In some few months it is decided, if I have success or failure.”
Vandalend spoke:”But you had so much success in the past, why not in the future?”
Pojila needn’t much time to think about an answer:”Yes, I had success in the past, but that was because nobody thought that I could have success, now some things changed and it is other. I had many enemies and no heir (this was a lie).”
Than Pojila was silent for some seconds: “Do you know the tariotese tale of the fall of the Pachalitower?”
“No, I don’t know anything about the Tariot answered Vandalend.
“I heard this tale in the big war” continued Pojila “The Tariot who are the leading the people of Entiladon (This was the enemy in the big war), had at the past a big realm far away in the east. On the western border was a big fortress with a huge and high tower. This fortress was under siege by barbarians and orks. The commander of the fortress knew that the situation was hopless. He gave an order to somebody who was able to write, to write down the last weeks of the fortress, that their heroic resistance don’t get lost for their descendants.”
Vandalend thought, he don’t know why Pojila knews Tariot tales.
He spoke: “But we are not in a hopeless situation.”
Pojila answered: “Yes, we had a great chance, but when my tries to reunite our nation failure, the next war with Entiladon would be only a question of time. If I failed, the future of our people would be lost. So I don’t want that the reasons for my success or failure get lost for our descendants.
So now I want to start to tell you the story of my life. Are you ready?"

DominictheStampede
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 May 2012, 10:18 am

Sorry for what I wrote, I didn't mean to belittle you. It was a good story.

Last edited by DominictheStampede on 10 May 2012, 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

LunaticOnTheGrass
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 May 2012, 8:36 am

This is the first of my poetic failures that I will be posting here:

"I will Never", when I was suffering from a rough patch a few years ago.

I will never give in; You have not the resolve.
Turn your hatred inward, you’ve your own problems to solve.
I will never give up, for this is my time.
Beat me up bloody, shower me with grime.
I will never “repent”; your words have their flaws,
And I will not be lorded over by your invisible laws.
I will never perish, no matter what attacks you try,
Strike me physically, mentally, I will do naught but cry.
I will never shut down, for I cannot be switched off,
I do not envy you, or your capability for Sloth,
I will never let go, I will grasp, claw, with both hands,
For within the confines of my mind, I glimpse foreign lands.
I will never lose faith, a veritable faith of my own,
A faith in myself, from the travails I have been shown,
I will never sink low, cannot, will not sink lower than you,
For I could never imagine myself doing what you currently do.
I will never grow dim, for I have elected to shine,
A glamer, a thought, a way, that shall always be mine.
I will never break down, I will follow my dream,
Even as you, the world, attempt to tear me apart
Seam by seam.

scubasteve
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2012, 11:59 am

^ I like it. It seems heartfelt, and I think portrays a very healthy attitude. Thank you for sharing.

And Dan, I really like yours as well. The broken clock metaphor is poignant and captivating.

I've enjoyed reading all of the short stories here as well... I think I will try writing one when I'm done with finals. I have an idea in mind.

minotaurheadcheese
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 May 2012, 5:27 pm

I stand now on the shore with the letter in my hand.
Can’t you see how wide this ocean is?
The widest I have seen.
You send me this bedraggled epistle from somewhere mediterranean,
With different clocks and calendars, and a different sea.
You say it is like wine, and everything is white,
Sun-baked, sun-bleached white like cattle’s skulls
Or like the empty wrecked hulls of crabs that founder at my toes.
Why must you ask?

I don’t even know how your letters get here.
You send them in bottles and the beaks of scrawny gulls.
You say that your gulls are fat and white, preening, screaming white.
I don’t write back. In my country there are no pens, you know,
And the envelopes fall apart if you look at them.
I teach my songs to the trees, who are better listeners
Before being pulped and milled. You say
Your trees grow back. Mine do not.
Why do you still ask?

I don’t even know what I would say in reply.
You tell me how all things for you are in their places and their sizes:
Beaches as long as you feel like walking on, and white,
Like the ocean’s washing laid out to dry, pure of wine-stains,
Roads that last as long as your favorite song,
That always end at home, or never do.
I read these lines in the poxy shadow of impractical bluffs, too steep to scale,
That drool narcolepticly into seedy crevasses
Deep enough to break your soul, but not your neck.
And why must you still ask?

Why must you assume the features on this rocky face,
Bigger and wiser than you, were raised to smile on you, or me?
Even gods are chiaroscurists. None ever stooped to a perfunctory spot.
I don’t know what I would have to look at from where you stand. I might
Track dirt onto your white bones, or worse,
They might track whiteness onto me.
I am corseted by beauty like a habitual consumptive.
When I climb to my summit I look down on forests nourished by my blood,
Tangled like living hair. I have clung on even though I have no fingernails.
I have torn my heart to shreds on this cheap volcanic stucco.
And still your insipid concern insists

Come to me.
Accept this exit visa,
These tokens of our
Gratitude
For your
Effort.
It was
Admirable.

Aelfwine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 May 2012, 9:12 am

This is the second part of my story.
Like in the first part I had the problem that I'm not a native english speaker.
Pleas ignore or correct my mistakes.
I do not feel offended or reduced if there is critisism about my English (I know that my English is bad).
I decided to write in English because I want to improve my English.

Part two:

Then Pojila spoke for a long time:
“I was born in the year 159 of our time or in Entiladon in 792 in the village of Damvalek.
My mother had the name Nabesveni, and my father was Zarzarias. Both come from the city of Duria nada, once our capital and still the biggest town of our nation, but under the control of the Archarch Orjeinal. Duria nada is the capital of Algonar.
Still some distant relatives are living there. My father was an unimportant officer. My parents hate the big town. So my dad got in 155 a position at a small military outpost near Damvalek.

They saved some money and built a small and beautiful white house at the edge of the village next to some beautiful ancient trees.
The Asilonians, one of the peoples of the Jardenians which live in central Avalia thought that this trees where holy. Some of them lived also in the village. Damvalek was really unimportant. But there was one think of that the habitants where proud.
The fishes of a small lake next to the village where served at the table of the Archen, the ruler at the time when our nation was united. I for myself hate fish.

I was born in a beautiful year. Some years after that I good a little sister. My childhood was great.
But my father knows very early that war was coming. Yes many weapons were made in this time. The son of the old and peaceful Archen Zanzil, Akal was an expansionist. He dreamed to conquer new lands on the other side of the mountains. Yes we have enough land for a powerful realm. Yes we had the control about the high mountains at the eastern border and a huge fortress at the only mountain pass.
Akal convinded his dad to try to conquer the free people at the border. But before the war started, they joined the duchy of Entiladon to get protection. Entiladon had an alliance with the realm of Utal, the elves of the Kuorforest and with the high king of the dwarfs. All these nations where frightened about the realm of the seapeoples.

We had only one ally. The dwarvis king Gloren trade with us. He noticed one century ago, that we nead iron for weapons for our wars. He good rich with this trade, but with the time more and more disagreements with the high king of the dwarfs.
Today, we see the results of our expansionism but in the past we where so convinced about the force of our people that we spoke about us in plural “the seapeoples”. Today we see also the disadvantages about suppressing of other people. For example the Maatilrebellion in Algonar.

Archen Zanzil died and Archen Akal go the black crown. At this time I was too young for being interested in politics. I was an intelligent young child, but I was not good at sports.
My father was optimistic about the next war, like so many of us. Then Akal gave the order to gather the troops. He, his guards and the black riders marched from the capital on the big street to the passfortress. On every town some new forces joined to the army. It was the biggest army of our nation in history. The hole nation was optimistic. Akal was tall, he wore a silver mantle and in his hand was a black sword with golden decorations. The black crown was on his head.
My father had the command over twenty spearmans . He joined also the big army. I was very sad when my father leaved our beautiful small house. He would never return. It was the year 167.
First we thought that our optimism was right, we got not so much news, but every two months my father wrote a letter. My mother, my sister and I were looking forward to new letters. We were frightened about my dad because the first battles were very cruel. The army of Entiladon was destroyed in a big battle, the duke was dead. His son tried to defend his capital which was under siege for a long time by our forces.

Also the dwarfes of King Gloren fought some victories in a civil war against the other dwarves. It was fundamental important to get iron from Gloren for new weapons. But at the hole war the trade routs where safe.
The armies of the allies of Entiladon where not ready for a war, or had some local conflicts with some orcs.
Than the city of Entiladon was conquered by our forces. The city burned down in one night after a long siege. Also the new duke died. The brother of the first duke escaped and tried to build an resistance around the castle of Ekalon. The two excellent swords of the two dukes were carried in triumph to Duria nada. The population of the town of Entiladon was gathered in some camps in the occupied lands.
At a hard winter the war stopped for a short time. But the armies of the allies arrived. In the spring of the year 169 our army lost a battle, but Akal escaped. Our nation had the resources for a new army. In the following four years, the war was very hard. Large parts of the realm of Entiladon where destroyed. But we don’t destroyed their resistance. Also slowly our economy got some problems. We had not enough workers and the trade declined.

But then in 175 Akal decided to start a big offensive. He made a terrible decision. Many persons where forced to join the army. Even to young persons. I was only 16 when this recruitment started. A recruitment officer choose me for the army. My mother was shocked, but she was still optimistic about the war.
She said to me that I should help to finish this war quickly, because she hopped that than the supply situation would become better.
I was choosen for a company which guarded one of the camps with the inhabitants of Entiladon.
I walked with twenty other young recruits to the passfortress. I saw the big mountains for the first time of my life. It was fantastic to see a sunrise behind the mountains. When I saw the mountains I understand that this is a natural protection of our nation. We were trained at the fortress and then we marched into the border region of Entiladon. The street was full with injured persons, which were walking into the other direction.
Then my childhood was finished.

Had you written everything down?”

“Yes of course” answered Vandalend.
Pojila said also “In a few days, I want to tell you my experience in the big war. Also everything what I'm telling to you is a secret. This is an order.”His voice was hoarse, because he talked a lot.
Vandalend said: “Yes” and leaved the room and the palace.

(I think the history will be very long. I do not want to inundate this thread with my story. Maybe I could open a special thread for it. In the next week I can't visit wp, so I could post part 3 only after the next week)

DominictheStampede
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 May 2012, 10:30 am

^ Aelfwine, your story is getting really interesting. I was intrigued by the history of the wars that Oldeneor fought and I'm looking forward to reading part 3 if you post it.

minotaurheadcheese, your poem is excellent! It's really dreamlike. My favourite line is "Roads that last as long as your favourite song"

LunaticOnTheGrass, I always think it's amazing when people can make their poems rhyme and still make sense because I can't. You can really feel the passion and defiance in your poem.

Here is a Doctor Who/Calvin and Hobbes fanfiction I wrote earlier this year. I hope you enjoy it:

Calvin and Hobbes came crashing down the stairs.

"No school! No homework! It's Saturday!"

Calvin at three bowls of chocolate frosted sugar bombs, got dressed, and he and Hobbes went outside in search of fun. They terrorised Suzie Derkins by invading her tea party with water balloons and then they rode Calvin's wagon into the woods behind Calvin's house. Calvin eventually crashed the wagon, blaming it on Hobbes's steering and they got into a fight, which both claimed to have won, which caused another fight. They walked on through the forest and Calvin started talking about school.

"I don't really get on with the other kids, they don't see my point of view, and that dumb Moe always makes me give him my lunch money."

"Have you discussed the matter with your parents?" said Hobbes.

"They just tell me "Don't play where Moe is playing." As if that'll work." said Calvin, kicking a stone.

"We tigers are the apex predators of the jungle, so bullying is not something we worry about." said Hobbes with an air of pride.

"Some help that is." said Calvin.

He did a double take. "Hey what's that?"

There was a blue box in the middle of the forest. Its presence was incongruous with its surroundings. Calvin and Hobbes walked up to and around it.

"What do you think it is?" said Calvin.

"It says here "Police Public Call Box" so maybe they're cops." said Hobbes.

"Cool!" said Calvin. "Maybe they're hunting criminals or something!"

The door of the box opened and out stepped a young man with wild hair wearing black jeans, boots, red braces, a shirt and tweed blazer and a bow tie.

"Hello!" he said. "I'm the Doctor! Would you mind holding this?"

At this he thrust a glowing sphere into Calvin's hands. The round object was roughly the size of a football and kept changing colour; from green to red to blue to turquoise to white and back to red again.

"This is an alternate universe in which the Roman Empire never fell." said the Doctor.
"I won it in a game of live chess. Bigger on the inside, you see."

Calvin stared up at the Doctor. "Are you…are you an alien?"

"Not so loud!" The Doctor put his hands on Calvin's shoulders.

"To answer your question; yes I am an alien and I'd appreciate it if you kept it quiet. All I want is a bit of a rest and I won't get that if the FBI surround us with cars and helicopters and pointy things that go "fzzzwssshhhh"."

The Doctor seemed to turn in on himself. "Humans with advanced technology; always a tricky one."

"If you're an alien can you take Hobbes and I to another planet?" said Calvin, his eyes gleaming.

"I could," said the Doctor. "but the old girl's having a rest today, same as me. That doesn't mean we can't have fun, though."

"Do you know how to play Calvinball?" said Calvin.

"I don't but I'm fairly certain it's going to be brilliant." said the Doctor.

For the next two hours Calvin and Hobbes and the Doctor played Calvinball. The Doctor was a fast learner, picking up as he did the only rule which was to make the rules up as you went. The Doctor invented the rule that sonic screwdrivers could be used to quintuple the number of points scored but Calvin eventually won after inventing the rule that all players wearing bow ties had to remove them or forfeit the game. The Doctor had refused to take off his bow tie so Calvin had won.

"Listen Doctor can I talk to you about something?" said Calvin.

"I'm all ears." said the Doctor. "Well not literally but go on."

"I have these problems at school; there's this big kid Moe who beats me up for money and the other kids don't see things the way I do."

"Sounds familiar." The Doctor chewed his bottom lip. "Just remember, there's a universe of infinite majesty and wonder just waiting for you to discover it, and I don't just mean space travel. Every person contains untold wonders within them, you just have to keep an open mind and not let little things like rules and reality get in the way. Do you think you can do that?"

"Yeah." said Calvin.

The Doctor smiled. "Righto, must dash, thanks for the game, it was the most fun I've had in ages."

His eyes twinkled. "See you around."

With that he went inside the blue box and shut the door. Soon there was a huge whooshing and grinding sound and the box began to fade in and out until it was gone.

"What a nice individual." said Hobbes.

There was a pause, and then Calvin said "Let's go look for weird bugs!"

The two friends hurried away to enjoy their weekend.

minotaurheadcheese
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 May 2012, 4:51 pm

Thanks, DominictheStampede; your comments are much appreciated. I enjoyed your story :) IMO you did quite a good job of replicating the personality of the characters. I hate pointless fanfic where the characters sound/act nothing like themselves :?

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 8:56 am

Wake Up

Wake up, the sun is shining and the dark skies are turning into bright skies,
Wake up, for this is the next day and what happened yesterday is for what happened yesterday,
Wake up, for start of a new chapter, for the chapter has gone past, its time to flick a new page,
Wake up, for the light is here and the dark is no more, I am here to show you the way.

The sun is rising shining over the dark, don't let the dogs try to eat you like a shark,
Most of you are asleep when the earth is having pains, time to wake up before the whole earth rains,
The ones that's awake are the ones to wake you up, you can either take your torch or you sleep it right down,
The sun has now risen and its now time for harvest, the plants that's still asleep are the plants that is missing out, the plants that are awake are the plants with satisfaction.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2012, 2:04 am

Link to a short fanfiction I wrote for one of my friends on DeviantArt and Facebook. It stars three of her DA original characters.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2012, 7:38 pm

Barren Landscape

Locked in
Blinded by light
Twirling around
And around
Searching for the door
But all I find
Are walls
Closing in fast

I hear a voice
Calling me over
With my bare hands
I begin to scratch
Pound
Beat down the walls

A sliver of freedom
A glimpse
Of the outside world
Appears at eye level

I peek through
Hope swelling
Heavy in my chest
But all I see
Is a single sword
Standing tall
In a barren landscape

I stop
Cradle my bleeding hands
Sit
And wait
Hope shattered but not dead

Aelfwine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 May 2012, 2:51 pm

DominictheStampede I think that there are maybe not only alternate universes or parallel universe outside of our universe like in your storie. Maybe a invented story or poem is also an own parallel universe in your brain.

Superboyian I was remembered in your poem that I also often try to forget my (smaller or bigger) mistakes in the past, but I think if you are trying to forget something than you can't forget it.

Now here is the third part of my storie.
Like in the other parts I had the problem that I'm not a native english speaker.
Please ignore or correct my mistakes. (I hope my English is getting better)

Part three:

Vandalend walked on the crowded streets to a cheap inn. The inn had the name: “the fat sheep”.
The meal was cheap and it tasted good. Oldeneor had a stable supply situation with food. That was not normal for these years. In the civil wars many farms were burned down, so food got too expensive for poor people.
But around the nearer area of Oldeneor, there were not many wars in the past.
After the great war, the first Archarch of the house of Appalir established his realm. Then there was a war against the expansionist organization of the iron blades and some years ago Pojila conquered the area.
Other areas were plundered in much more wars in the last two decades.

After the meal Vandalend walked to the fortress. Two lazy guards where at the gate of the ugly complex. Then there was a passage to a lively courtyard. Some soldiers have been trained here. Also there were stables for the horses of the black riders and other cavalry. In the big building complex were many garrisons and warehouses. But in one part of the main building where some rooms for the administration.
The fortress was once built for the protection of this area after the sea peoples conquered this area and suppressed the Linorians. Later it was expanded because it was at a perfect place to support the passfortress and wars on the other side of the mountains. The rooms of the administration where full with desks and papers. It was a hard work to manage the fortress.

Nablascha who leaded this office noticed that Vandalend arrived.
He said: “Hello, you are lucky. You got a high security task. That is very good for your career. I'm jealous of you.
Vandalend answered: “It is nothing special. Every few days, I had to come and write down some things. I’m only writing down some secrets. Nothing dangerous. But now we should calculate the supply of the fortress for the next months.
Now I have to do two tasks at the same time. Arrived the iron from the dwarves of Gloren?”
A difficult second half of the day began.

Now back to the palace.
Pojila finished his meal. He ate only some bread with meat, salad and water. He dislikes luxurious food.
Because of that, that this day was a day with much work, he ate in his working room. On his desk were also several orders and texts from his spies. Also he wrote some orders to recruit new troops at the fortress and to send some light infantry to the border to Welror. It was a lot of work. But a much more important meeting was before him.
His four most important advisers enter through the main entrance to his working room. Ludwarer, his advisor for economy, farming and inner security was the first. He was older than the other advisers and had grey hair. He had a great knowledge at his topics bu he was incompetent with military and foreign policy.
Than Darasnemra came into the room. He was at the same age as Pojila and fought with him in many battles. He had many scars and wore a black armor like the officers of the black riders.
The third person was Jatuma, he was the strangest and the most mysterious of Pojilas advisors. He was not young and not old. He wear a strange armor made of leather but better than every metal. He had a strange sword. On this sword were a lot of letters in unknown languages. His hair was light and he didn't have many similarities with any known race. He had only one duty, to protect Pojila and execute special secret missions. He was mostly silent and inconspicuous.

But the last person was Interparla. He was very old and more intelligent than the other persons in the room because he learned from several philosophers. He carried some papers and wore a blue and gray striped mantle like the philosophers of the sea peoples. His duty was the foreign policy. He prepared the following meeting and started the conversation: “The three diplomats from Entiladon are waiting in some secret rooms in the palace. It is very impolite to let them wait. But we should prepare the discussion with them.”

Pojila spoke: “Yes, I think we know what they want. The main concern of the first king of Entiladon, Silrond is to prevent any danger for the next generations of his realm. He knows that a united sea peoples realm would be dangerous. And Entiladon is rebuilt and for the first time in history, a leader of Entiladon has the title of a king, so he has a powerful position.”
Ludwarer spoke: “Yes this is right, but what could Entiladon do against us? The passfortress is safe and nobody could ever conqueror the pass. Also what is the problem about a new united realm? Our Army is ready. A united realm would cause a new growth of trade and prosperity. We could also try to trade with Entiladon?”
But Darasnemra shakes his head: “Yes, we are all dreaming about a reunification. Maybe Silrond knows that we don’t want a second war with them, but he think about the future. What would be if we had a new leader, a powerful economy and a well equipped army? So he wants to prevent a reunification.”
Interparla added: “Maybe he would try to attack the passfortres if we start a war against Algonar and Muldur. Then we had to separate our troops. We have to reassure his diplomats and we should prevent diplomatic contacts between him and Algonar and Muldur.”
Darasanemra added: “And there are many refugees in this two Archarchenrealms. The former Archarchs of our realm want their realms back.”

Pojila stopped the discussion: “I think they should not have to wait longer. We should go now in the secret meeting room.”
They leave the room by the door at the backside. There was a short and small corridor with three doors and without any windows. Behind one door where the private rooms of Pojila and behind one of the other two doors and some stairs were the secret rooms of the palace.

They opened the second door. There was also a simple corridor with several doors, also without any windows.
They entered a door made of black wood. The room behind them was a little bit bigger than Pojilas working room.
There were several chairs at the walls. At one side of the room were the flag of Pojila, and the flags of his conquered realms.
Also five guards were there. Pojila and his advisors where talking and preparing the meeting.
After five Minutes a servant opened the door.

Three persons entered. They were the diplomats from Entiladon. The first person was an very old man with white hair. He leaded the group. The tree Tariot wore mantles in red and blue, the two colors of the city of Entiladon. On their heads were brown hats and on every hat was a pigeon feather. This was originally a Jardenian symbol for diplomats and neutrals.
The tree diplomats stopped before Pojila and the first man started to speak: “We were sent by the king Silrond from Entiladon to speak with Pojila, the most powerful person at the west of the mountains. My name is Saxensan”
This was not really a polite beginning. Because they said that they thought that Silrond was much more powerful than Pojila. But Pojila didn’t respond offended. He answered: “I want to hear to you. I want to excuse that there isn’t any reception for you, but it is also better for your king if our meeting is secret. And many persons in my capital would lynch you, if you would try to walk on the streets.”

Saxensan answered: “We know that. This isn’t a problem.”
Interparla began: “We shouldn’t waste our time with unimportant things. What is your mission, what should you say to Pojila Saxensan?”
Saxensan answered: “Our king is interested in an stabile peace with Pojila. But Silrond will once again make it clear that Entiladon couldn’t accept a new war in Avalia, between you Pojila and the other Archarchs. The actual situation is the best for both sides.”

Pojila answered: “Yes, we also want to have peace. We want to have peace because we need time to rebuilt all the destructed things from the civil wars. So I and Silrond have nearly the same interests.”
But one of the diplomats interrupted:”It sounds like there would be no problems. But we have the information that you are recruiting new troops. You are the commander of the biggest army of this side of the mountains. If there is an army, there is a reason. We can’t be sure that you are peaceful. You could reunite the lands of Avalia and starting a new war.”
Pojila was getting angry. It was clear that there were some spies from Entiladon at important positions.

Saxensan was happy. He noticed that Pojila was getting nervous. But then Darasanemra spoke: “We need troops to defend our borders. We need them really, even without any plans for big conquests. And also Entiladon hasn’t the right to influence the politics and wars in Avalia, Avalia is the land for the sea peoples. Your king should accept this.” Darasenemra spoke to aggressive thought Interparla. Yes everything was right what he said, but Interparla thought that it would be better to reassure the diplomats. In the room was silence.

But before Interparla could spoke Saxensan spoke again: “You want to reassure us, Pojila. But we don’t want to be reassured. We can’t trust you. You said some years ago that you might not want to start new wars, but that was not definitely clear. Please summarize a final decision. Say that you don’t make any wars in the future. Even wars to reunify your peoples.”
Pojila thought and then he spoke: “Yes, it is a high price to say definitely no to wars, but peace with Entiladon is much more important. I’m forced to agree. Even if I do not want to decide definitely and finally. I don’t want any wars anymore. Say to your king that I know the consequences of a new war for a reunification. Most of the wars destroy much and bring little or no benefit.”

But then Ludwarer spoke quickly and tried to change Pojilas opinion: “Does not rule out a possibility. Don’t definitely agree. We are in a good position. You need much more time to decide. Think about the consequences.”
But Pojila wasn’t impressed : “I have decided. I accept to a definitely waiver of wars. ”
Saxensan spoke for the last time: “So we want to give your decision to Silrond.”
Then they were negotiating some details and some other intergovernmental issues.
After one hour Saxensan and his two followers leaved the room.

Then there were some minutes of silence. But after some time Pojila spoke: “We have still one chance to reunite our peoples. We should use diplomacy. It sounds difficult but it is possible.”
So ended the meeting.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2012, 7:05 pm

Aelfwine wrote:
Superboyian I was remembered in your poem that I also often try to forget my (smaller or bigger) mistakes in the past, but I think if you are trying to forget something than you can't forget it.

Yes, that's pretty much what I was coming across, but the main point about this message is that, you simply cannot go through these troubles on your own and trying to forget it but doing something else like drugs and so on, it's not really going to help but numb your feelings which well and truly, that can be pretty dangerous.
I've pretty much written this because of the amount of mistakes that I've made and the experience I've had while growing up knowing there is something different very about me.
Towards the ending, I always tend to write about Jesus one way or another.