Ladies and gentlemen... the WrongPlanet writing showcase

Page 1 of 51 [ 803 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2005, 3:13 pm

Lately, I've noticed that a lot of people have been posting their poetry, essays, and short stories to the message board to get feedback (myself included). Unfortunately, message boards just weren't made for complex formatting or really long posts, both of which are necessary for showing off writing with any coherence. I've also noticed that the Writing and Poetry section of WrongPlanet is both lacking in features and... well... dead.

If you mods like the idea of a centralized area for WrongPlanet's writing, feel free to sticky this topic. Any questions, comments, and suggestions are welcome!

Last edited by ghotistix on 02 Mar 2006, 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2005, 4:25 pm

:twisted: 8O :D go for it.

Mockingbird
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2005, 5:16 pm

GREAT job Ghotistix!!

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2005, 5:53 pm

Coolness. Maybe I will have to dig up (literally) some of the stuff I've written and revise it to post. Great job, Ghostix! :D

UncommonPerspective
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Aug 2005, 6:29 pm

Do I have to copy and paste my poem on here, or are you willing to open the topic and find the poem, cause I'm fine with either way.

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2005, 6:48 pm

UncommonPerspective wrote:
Do I have to copy and paste my poem on here, or are you willing to open the topic and find the poem, cause I'm fine with either way.

There's no need to put the poem in this topic; you can submit it at the site I set up. And I'd rather have people submit their work on their own so that they can make sure the formatting and everything goes the way they like.

http://www.freepgs.com/floodlands/writing/submit.php to submit pieces.

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2005, 3:33 am

ooooooh! It looks good *thumbs up* :wink: Maybe I'll have to dig up some stuff as well..

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2005, 11:23 pm

Submitted! :D

In had a problem though, I couldn't choose my medium. I had to stick with Fiction, even though it was Poetry.

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2005, 11:34 pm

Sarcastic_Name wrote:
Submitted! :D

In had a problem though, I couldn't choose my medium. I had to stick with Fiction, even though it was Poetry.

Thanks for submitting!

That bug sounds pretty weird. Do you remember the exact problem you had with the dropdown selection box? What browser are you using?

I changed it to Poetry, btw.

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2005, 5:12 am

I quite enjoy writing, but I've only ever been able to finish one story. A Star Trek based story (I'm a Trekkie).

http://geocities.com/bourqie/Ridley1.zip

It's a Zipped Word Document, not sure if you'll be able to view it on Linux or Mac.

I'm also planning on another story based around a group of Autistic kids, and their NT Adult teachers.

GA

EDIT: I tried to upload my story to the "WrongPlanet Writings" site, but because of the fonts I've used, the formatting doesn't look quite right in the editor...
http://geocities.com/bourqie/Fonts.zip (You'll need to to view my story properly :wink: )

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2005, 8:20 am

As soon as I have more time on the computer, I'll revise and submit some of my completed stuff. Is fan fiction allowed? I've done a lot of Tolkien-based fan fiction, and it is most of what I have actually completed (rather than poems and completely original fiction).

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2005, 12:37 pm

Mine has been submitted, but it has been posted three times due to my difficulties with formatting my writing into paragraphs. It is called "My Commitments." Ghostitix, please remove the two blank submissions.

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2005, 2:51 pm

GalileoAce wrote:
EDIT: I tried to upload my story to the "WrongPlanet Writings" site, but because of the fonts I've used, the formatting doesn't look quite right in the editor...
http://geocities.com/bourqie/Fonts.zip (You'll need to to view my story properly :wink: )

There is a plain text pasting button if you wanted to use that. Unfortunately there's no way to be sure everyone has the font you used unless it's one of the really common ones like Verdana. Browsers will do their best to find a close match, though.

Namiko wrote:
Is fan fiction allowed?

Most certainly.

larsenjw92286 wrote:
Mine has been submitted, but it has been posted three times due to my difficulties with formatting my writing into paragraphs. It is called "My Commitments." Ghostitix, please remove the two blank submissions.

I think ALL your submissions were blank :?. You can post the essay here if you want me to submit it for you.

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2005, 3:23 pm

ghotistix wrote:
GalileoAce wrote:

There is a plain text pasting button if you wanted to use that. Unfortunately there's no way to be sure everyone has the font you used unless it's one of the really common ones like Verdana. Browsers will do their best to find a close match, though.

:: nods :: The problem was with the font sizes, I had a symbol on the first page displayed at an unusually high font size. But no matter, I'll get around to re-editing it for the website :)

Plus I'll add some other stuff I have lying around.

GA

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2005, 7:12 pm

Ghotisttix, I'm sorry, I lost the essay that I wrote as a result of the goof with my essay to paragraph formatting. That is too bad because I think I did a pretty good job on that essay myself.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2005, 9:59 pm

Has anyone else submitted anything, it still show's my submission as the newest.