Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 9:01 am

I find it's usually better to be "friends first."

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 9:04 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
My point, really, is that one can buck the statistics.

If I let statistics determine my life, I'd be still a dependent autistic person today--at 56 years old living with mommy, spending all my time on the computer, never learning to drive, etc.

The world needs more people like you ^^

Everybody has something going against them, something they have to overcome. There's really no point in being jealous of others; you may have no idea what their struggle is.

*runs away*

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 9:06 am

^^^^Please don't run away! You're a good sort of person.

We need more people like you :D

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 10:33 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I find it's usually better to be "friends first."

It sounds more natural to me. I've just heard as well as seen so many conflicting stories that it scrambles my mind.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 1:08 pm

Chichikov wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
As women get older, most of those "non-negotiables" disappear.

Not really, it's unlikely a woman won't mind a man that lives with his parents and doesn't have a job just because she is older. If anything the opposite. The more independent a woman is the more independent she typically wants her partner to be. There are things women generally want to "trade up", such as height and independence.

I AGREE with Chichikov!! "Disappear", NO WAY----if anything, the list gets ADDED-TO, as we get older!! For instance, in addition to what's on LaurenLissa's list (which I have at the top of mine, as well), I have several other "non-negotiables" on mine, that I've added, over the years. Women are, generally speaking, IME, much more "okay" with not being "coupled" (especially, at MY age)----and, IMO, they are "okay" enough, that they don't / won't "settle", because they don't HAVE TO / feel a NEED to.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 1:31 pm

Why are women worth and so much better then men?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 4:01 pm

sly279 wrote:

That's not how it is really. I think that's your perspective because you're attracted to women. We're really all just as flawed as each other.

To me women are mundane.

I feel like men are out of reach. I never even seem to make friends with me. I feel like men seem to think a bit much of themselves and won't deign to talk to women.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 6:28 pm

hurtloam wrote:
sly279 wrote:

That's not how it is really. I think that's your perspective because you're attracted to women. We're really all just as flawed as each other. To me women are mundane.

Yeah, I agree with this----and, most women, generally speaking, are "nothin' special", to me either.

Again, IMO, it just seems like men "need" women, more than women need men----and, it seems, IMO, that it gets more-so, that way, with each generation. Not ALL women/generations, are like that----for instance, my two older sisters (my generation, of course), were/are fairly needy, and one of my nieces is on her 3rd marriage, and she's only 25; but.....

With me, if a relationship comes-along, that's fine----if one doesn't, that's fine, too.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 8:21 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
sly279 wrote:

That's not how it is really. I think that's your perspective because you're attracted to women. We're really all just as flawed as each other. To me women are mundane.

Yeah, I agree with this----and, most women, generally speaking, are "nothin' special", to me either.

Again, IMO, it just seems like men "need" women, more than women need men----and, it seems, IMO, that it gets more-so, that way, with each generation. Not ALL women/generations, are like that----for instance, my two older sisters (my generation, of course), were/are fairly needy, and one of my nieces is on her 3rd marriage, and she's only 25; but.....

With me, if a relationship comes-along, that's fine----if one doesn't, that's fine, too.

You've just described how I've come to believe most women, young and old, see relationships.

It really seems, generally, women see relationships as an addition to their life while men generally see it as an essential part of life.

And its very difficult/impossible to convince someone the opposite point of view.

As I've repeated plenty of time the dating advice "A relationship won't make you happy" is most commonly said by women, for women.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 8:39 pm

hurtloam wrote:
sly279 wrote:

That's not how it is really. I think that's your perspective because you're attracted to women. We're really all just as flawed as each other.

To me women are mundane.

I feel like men are out of reach. I never even seem to make friends with me. I feel like men seem to think a bit much of themselves and won't deign to talk to women.

Meant more like women all seem to have the universal list of requirements while most men don't care about if a woman works, has her own place, or owns a car. If you compare women's profiles and ads to men's is quite different. So women seem. To believe their better then men thus men must be _____ good before they can allowed to date them. A bunch of those women will end up alone eventually as real men die or pair up. There's way way less real men then women. Lots of men have crappy min wage jobs or no job. I wish women wouldn't see me as inferior worthless trash :(

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 10:07 pm

hurtloam wrote:
sly279 wrote:

To me women are mundane.

Us men are actually very shy when it comes to talking to women. I am shy, because I'm afraid I may sound like an idiot, or like a kid in front of women, or I may sound offensive. I feel like I have to put on a 28 year old party goer hat on to talk to women. When it comes to men talking to other men, we get to say fart jokes and talk nonstop about sports and video games.

Bottom line, we run out of things to say, and we're shy.

And no, we don't think too much about ourselves, and we wish we could include you and we wish we could find something that makes us both happy, even though it is a struggle.

No worries, you'll find a man someday Hurtloam, alright.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 10:17 pm

Because men are expected to protect and provide, and women to raise and nurture young.

These are our natural roles and almost all human behavior is driven by two basic instincts: survival and reproduction.

If we don't survive we won't be able to reproduce, and if we reproduce we need to survive to care for the young.

Lol I still see what you mean Sly.

In theory a woman who can take care of herself would be Better at taking care of children.

I'm not saying poor people are bad parents, Rich families can have bad parents and poor families good, but a woman with a high paying job, her own big house, a good car can take care of her child better than a poor, drug addicted, mentally unhealthy, jobless high school dropout yet both still get boyfriends and both Still have kids.

Us men probably SHOULD care about that stuff more because a woman who can't even take care of herself has no business raising our offspring, but in my experiences we just don't or care less, probably a biological instinct for US to be the one who does all that, to be the provider of shelter, money, transport, food and clothes.

The rest is just culture. In some cultures a man licing at home to care fpr his family, parents and little bros and sisters is a good thing in others its a bad.

Keep in mind even if you don't want kids like me and a woman doesnt our bodies still do so it affects how attracted we are to people

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 11:19 pm

The reason women tell other women that they don't need men is because they are sick of seeing their friends get hurt or they are sick of getting hurt. It's less painful to be self sufficient.

Or they end up with someone lazy who won't help out and the woman ends up running round after him in addition to everything she has to do for herself. Its easier to be on your own and only pick up after yourself.

Men and women just seem so incompatible sometimes.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 11:44 pm

hurtloam wrote:
The reason women tell other women that they don't need men is because they are sick of seeing their friends get hurt or they are sick of getting hurt. It's less painful to be self sufficient.

Or they end up with someone lazy who won't help out and the woman ends up running round after him in addition to everything she has to do for herself. Its easier to be on your own and only pick up after yourself.

Men and women just seem so incompatible sometimes.

Bible Belt men tend to treat women like dirt and sit back on the couch swilling back beer because cooking and cleaning are "women's jobs" in their eyes. I just wonder why so many women put up with them.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 11:49 pm

Yep, I'm more motivated when I'm in a relationship cause then I have something to work for, and actually feel more invigorated and can get more sh*t done in my own life, while women complaining they have to do certain things for or take care of their man apparently drains them and is a common complaint I see a lot.

Relationships make men work harder for her and her needs, relationships drain women because of his needs.

Men are more unhappy single, women are statisically less happy in marriages.

The whole 'men are from mars women from Venus' thing is an understatement, I'm surprised we can even pair up and have healthy lasting relationships at all.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 12:11 am

I might not be the best cleaner--but I do pick up after myself.

What she cleans is usually her messes. Or sometimes I don't clean something to her satisfaction.