how do girls signal interest?

Page 2 of 16 [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

RikMayall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Aug 2017, 4:27 pm

Girls tend to signal interest by lighting their antennae in sequence.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 4:47 pm

hurtloam wrote:
whatamievendoing wrote:
I've heard that if a girl likes you, she'll usually invite you out with her friends. She'll introduce them to you and you to them - attempt to embed you into the "circle", if you will.

I do that.

*edit

If you like them back after they do this make the bloody effort to invite the girl somewhere yourself or she'll think you're not interested.

I don't want to go hang out with a bunch of stangers who are friends with a girl I like but hardly know. Meeting her friends seems like a you've been on a few dates moving to relationship stage.

bobchaos
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Aug 2017, 6:55 pm

I'm not sure how I feel about all this... Clearly there's multiple possible answers, none of which are universal. I gotta be honest, your answers don't paint a very pretty picture for me... Sounds like I'm actively driving away interested girls :(

Well, I'd still like to thank you all for your input. We should keep this thread going, perhaps it can be a helpful resource to others, or maybe the truth as yet to reveal itself!

That said, I think I'ma need a nice Scotch now :/ Santé!

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 8:06 pm

bobchaos wrote:
I'm not sure how I feel about all this... Clearly there's multiple possible answers, none of which are universal. I gotta be honest, your answers don't paint a very pretty picture for me... Sounds like I'm actively driving away interested girls :(

Well, I'd still like to thank you all for your input. We should keep this thread going, perhaps it can be a helpful resource to others, or maybe the truth as yet to reveal itself!

That said, I think I'ma need a nice Scotch now :/ Santé!

Y'know, that really does sound good right about now. I've always got a bottle of Glenlivet nicely chilled ready for any occasion.

What are you drinking?

bobchaos
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Aug 2017, 8:27 pm

same, Glenlivet 12y, it's my go-to for 'cheap' booze. Call me a snob, but I refuse to drink jack daniels and johnny walker and the likes, or even capitalize their names XD

I know I'ma wreck my own topic by doing this (perhaps we can pull this discussion into another thread/forum), but if you like Scotch you should try Japanese whiskey. My boss talked me into buying a Suntory Toki recently, docile taste but quite good, and it's apparently the cheapest made by that house. Can't wait to get my hands on the rest of their selection!

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 8:41 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
What's a surefire way of telling if a girl likes you?

If she initiates texting or messaging you just to say hi or good morning or goodnight to you (without asking for favors).

That, in my case, was always a 100% surefire way of telling they like me, the margin of error in that is 0% I assure you; no girl who just sees you as 'friend' would take the trouble by pulling out her phone, to scroll searching your contact in her list, pressing on your name just to send you a hello just for "the sake of new friendship" - this doesn't happen in life ; it happens only if there are other motives (ie. romantic interest, or seeking for a favor or a group outing planning...etc).

So after you establish rapport with them, try to exchange fb/numbers with them, you can text them first but then wait and see if they will ever text you first.

I disagree with that. I've had two girls in the past who texted me good morning and stuff without me initiating it, and they weren't interested me at all. One already had a boyfriend, and the other was a lesbian. I'm not sure if they were taking pity on me because I'm lonely, or what. That's not a reliable sign.

One thing I'm really curious about is how to tell the difference between romantic interest and friendly politeness. Girls smile at me occasionally, and I used to think that that meant they like me in some way, but they do that to everyone. Or perhaps I'm too weird for normal people and nobody really likes me.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 9:13 pm

bobchaos wrote:
same, Glenlivet 12y, it's my go-to for 'cheap' booze. Call me a snob, but I refuse to drink jack daniels and johnny walker and the likes, or even capitalize their names XD

I know I'ma wreck my own topic by doing this (perhaps we can pull this discussion into another thread/forum), but if you like Scotch you should try Japanese whiskey. My boss talked me into buying a Suntory Toki recently, docile taste but quite good, and it's apparently the cheapest made by that house. Can't wait to get my hands on the rest of their selection!

Done.

viewtopic.php?t=352904

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 9:59 pm

Come on. How could this topic go from "How Do Girls Signal Interest?" to "Let's talk about Whiskey."?

bobchaos
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Aug 2017, 10:21 pm

Quote:
Come on. How could this topic go from "How Do Girls Signal Interest?" to "Let's talk about Whiskey."?

The simple answer? I put as many drinks as my doctor allows in me XD

Honestly I'm just pretty depressed and am still very reluctant to post my darker thoughts on here, so I figured a whiskey tangent would lighten my mood a bit... It worked, briefly :(

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 3:51 am

sly279 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
whatamievendoing wrote:
I've heard that if a girl likes you, she'll usually invite you out with her friends. She'll introduce them to you and you to them - attempt to embed you into the "circle", if you will.

I do that.

*edit

If you like them back after they do this make the bloody effort to invite the girl somewhere yourself or she'll think you're not interested.

I don't want to go hang out with a bunch of stangers who are friends with a girl I like but hardly know. Meeting her friends seems like a you've been on a few dates moving to relationship stage.

Ordinarily this is someone from a similar social circle who already knows one or two people in the group.

Remember guys I'm one for going down the finding someone amongst friends rather than the dating strangers type.

What I do won't be what one does if online dating and won't apply to that scenario.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 3:52 am

saxgeek wrote:

Because whisky is way more enjoyable than the hell that is trying to date.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 8:18 am

hurtloam wrote:
that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
usually my approach is something like, "I'd like to get to know you better; text me sometime. Here's my number. " but I'm notoriously tactless, at best.

What kind of responses do you get to that?

Mixed :-/

I just asked a guy for his number (but he seems to be a bit of a show off, based on previous remarks).

On the topic of dating friends v strangers, I've found friends to be a lot tougher/ judgmental; strangers seem much more forgiving and want to find reasons to like me. (But then, i could just attract jerks as friends XD)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 9:39 am

saxgeek wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
What's a surefire way of telling if a girl likes you?

If she initiates texting or messaging you just to say hi or good morning or goodnight to you (without asking for favors).

That, in my case, was always a 100% surefire way of telling they like me, the margin of error in that is 0% I assure you; no girl who just sees you as 'friend' would take the trouble by pulling out her phone, to scroll searching your contact in her list, pressing on your name just to send you a hello just for "the sake of new friendship" - this doesn't happen in life ; it happens only if there are other motives (ie. romantic interest, or seeking for a favor or a group outing planning...etc).

So after you establish rapport with them, try to exchange fb/numbers with them, you can text them first but then wait and see if they will ever text you first.

I disagree with that. I've had two girls in the past who texted me good morning and stuff without me initiating it, and they weren't interested me at all. One already had a boyfriend, and the other was a lesbian. I'm not sure if they were taking pity on me because I'm lonely, or what. That's not a reliable sign.

One thing I'm really curious about is how to tell the difference between romantic interest and friendly politeness. Girls smile at me occasionally, and I used to think that that meant they like me in some way, but they do that to everyone. Or perhaps I'm too weird for normal people and nobody really likes me.

You seriously think that married women and lesbians have the same considerations of single straight women in their interactions with single men?

Did a single woman ever texted you a good morning just for the sake of it? (group planning and favors not included)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 10:33 am

hurtloam wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
whatamievendoing wrote:

I do that.

*edit

Ordinarily this is someone from a similar social circle who already knows one or two people in the group.

Remember guys I'm one for going down the finding someone amongst friends rather than the dating strangers type.

What I do won't be what one does if online dating and won't apply to that scenario.

I don't have any friends so no social circle whatever that is.
Wouldn't they already know your friends?
Also how do a guy tell that from a girl just seeing him as one of her friends and thus invited for that? My sister went on what she thought was a double date guy even insisted picking her up but he just saw it as a group outing.

I really don't think there are any signs every thing people suggested here can be explained as just being polite or friendly. So besides a girl coming up and just saying I like you wanna date there doesn't seem to be any way to know. :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 10:47 am

I agree that these things are very hard to tell.

One way a woman shows interest, I have found, is if she laughs at your stupid jokes (like a few posters have mentioned).

I hope you find a gun-understanding woman who likes to take walks in the park.

Greeneyez
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Aug 2017, 10:51 am

She will bug the *** :heart: * out of you