Page 11 of 14 [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 2:00 am

sly279 wrote:
ZachGoodwin wrote:
My uncle is in his mid-40's, he has no wife or girlfriend, and he is happy. Like my uncle, you don't need a girlfriend to be happy.

People derive happiness differently. Inoverts can be happy alone, o don’t deny that. Hermits exist who live their whole life’s without ever seeing another human being.
Most people can’t be happy alone. I can’t be happy alone ever!!

Because you see yourself as this:

And wish you were this?

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 2:04 am

How's that relevant?

As far as I know Sly doesn't care about being rich, famous or super attractive and susscessful, and he dislikes super attractive successful women.

He just wants to love and be loved.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 2:06 am

Raleigh wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
Men's depression has been shown to be better alleviated by outside situational changes, rather than inner changes such as self-improvement, so Outrider may be correct in seeking a relationship and improving his mental health this way.
It's different for females, and I think that's why we get so much of the "improve yourself first" from female responders.
That is their view.

Interesting thought.
I’ve improved myself and it hasn’t brought me happiness. My depression anxiety s from no love life getting a gf would make me happy. If it was from being fat getting thin would make me happy but it’s not

That thought was taken from a book called, You Can Stop Male Suicide by Glen Poole.

He says, "Currently, suicide prevention services tend to take a feminine, empathetic, feelings-led approach which works from the inside out by identifying people who feel suicidal and helping them talk about their emotions.
While this works for some men, a more masculine, systematic, things-led approach to suicide prevention starts from the outside in, by helping to fix the problems that are known to increase men's risk of suicide.
We know, for example, that external pressures, such as relationship problems, financial difficulties, work strain and unemployment can put men on the path to suicide.
We also know that when men are given practical help to fix these problems, their risk of suicide reduces."

While the issue here wasn't suicide, I can see how this thought ties in with the subject.

Very true.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 2:10 am

sly279 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The "value" of women created by the demand for them by men is not necessarily value that imparts any power to the woman with respect to increasing her freedom. In a broad sense, it seems to decrease her freedom.

Really doubt a lot of women would want to have most or all men avoid them and say they ugly. A lot of women enjoy male attention and being valued by a lot of men.
In western civilization women are very much free and in my opinion hole more power over men. I don’t ever see a woman need to ask her husband for permission to buy something with money she worked for. Yet it’s very very common for men to need to get permission

That's not true. They really both should discuss larger purchase at least to make sure there's enough money left over for important things. Imagine they both make a purchase that month, don't realise the other has bought something too and then there's no money left for the electric bill.

I work retail and never had a woman say she has to ask permission to buy something, they just come in and buy it. Men go and get their wife/gf or call them. Then say she said no, sorry.

^ This is very very very true. This is a real life example we see everyday, not WP idealist unrealistic talk that isn't in touch with reality, even my parents are like this.

Women never call men to ask if they can buy something.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 17 Oct 2017, 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 2:11 am

hurtloam wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
So you’d be fine paying half the mortgage of a house for 10+ years then getting kicked out and hey your names not on the mortgage.

Yes, if you don’t own a house, you pay rent to the house owner. That’s the way rent works. It’s also called paying your way.

Quote:
So you spent thousand and thousands and have nothing to show for it.

Like renting?

Quote:
I’d sooner rent a separate place then pay half of some woman’s house for her.

Yet you expect her to rent her space to you for free?

No one makes their parner pay half the mortgage unless it’s a fair rental price.

Agreed.

I don’t date my landlord. It’s a business transaction. But if you all wan come pay for my house I want go ahead, but don’t expect to live in it after it’s paid off :p you won’t find many men willing t help a lady buy a house he has no right to ownership for, but guess that’s yet another difference beymen and women. I also highly doubt most women will pay half a mans mortgage. They usually just live of said man for free and call themselves house wife’s, my brothers wife family, her dad pays everything her mom works too but she spends all her money info fun stuff just for her.

But that’s what we are discuss The Who’ll a man has t pay half of everything idea. Which means that lady who owns a house expects him to pay half of the mortgages. He said better off renting his own appartment that’ll be in his name and he won’t have to pay for repairs, and it’ll be cheaper. What incentive is there for men to spend all their hard earned mo ey ro pay half of so,e woman’s expensive house and belongings? Freak that

Yet another example of women seeing love and relationships as business transactions. Her bf is just her rentee and she’s the landlord, minuse the actual rental agreements and contracts and landlord responsibilities. Why don’t more landlords just date their tenants, they escape all legal processes :roll:

Would either of you pay half my mortgage if I owned a house? Half my $1000 fully loaded cable bill, half my lights on all the time electric bill? Or would you cry no I’m not paying for stuff I don’t need? Cause I bet you wouldn’t , yet you stand here says no guys should. See the difference between this and most couples is most couples rent together, they don’t rent s spot in the others house. If she wants to keep her house then my share will need to be negotiated and it won’t be half. Otherwise we can get s new place together that’s in both our budgets. I’m not asking anymore then I’d do if it was the other way around. I wouldn’t ask rent from s gf, just that she cover her expensive so I don’t have additional costs from her living with me.

As for people who outright own their house, why should their bf pay them rent?
Really sounds like you two want tenants not bfs. That’s not how relationships work, probably why both spouses usually give up bother their places and find s new one together.

Women seem to have issue where they presume all guys are freeloaders but women have mooched off and freeloaded off men for thousands of years and deem it still ok to do so today. Yet if some guy doesn’t pay half he’s a freeloader, but many women in relationships don’t pay a single cent and it’s fine. Some equality :roll:

Maybe couples shouldn’t live together and just only meet in public spaces then go home to their separate homes.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 2:17 am

Outrider wrote:
How's that relevant?

As far as I know Sly doesn't care about being rich, famous or super attractive and susscessful, and he dislikes super attractive successful women.

That’s a crime if your male. Women are entitled to love. Men just need to man up and kill their emotions until it’s too much and kill themselves and become another statistic of male suicide.

It’s odd we live in a were of 30 genders, and males who feel they are female and thus get treated like one, but gos forbide people have different ways to happiness no heavens no. There is and only can be one way to happiness and anything else is lies and hearsay. All non believers of the one happiness must be converted or killed via shaming.all must follow the one happiness route there is no other path. Oh but that gray couple is ok, they can’t help being gay. It’s jownthey were born, It how I was born and who I am is wrong.
I bet if I was gay it’d be political ilcorrect to say I can’t gain happiness via social interaction and should just be happy being a social outcast hermit, but at last I was born horribly straight and male.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 2:20 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The "value" of women created by the demand for them by men is not necessarily value that imparts any power to the woman with respect to increasing her freedom. In a broad sense, it seems to decrease her freedom.

Really doubt a lot of women would want to have most or all men avoid them and say they ugly. A lot of women enjoy male attention and being valued by a lot of men.
In western civilization women are very much free and in my opinion hole more power over men. I don’t ever see a woman need to ask her husband for permission to buy something with money she worked for. Yet it’s very very common for men to need to get permission

That's not true. They really both should discuss larger purchase at least to make sure there's enough money left over for important things. Imagine they both make a purchase that month, don't realise the other has bought something too and then there's no money left for the electric bill.

I work retail and never had a woman say she has to ask permission to buy something, they just come in and buy it. Men go and get their wife/gf or call them. Then say she said no, sorry.

^ This is very very very true. This is a real life example we see everyday, not WP idealist unrealistic talk that isn't in touch with reality, even my parents are like this.

Worse still quite a few of those women are housewife’s spending his money but deny him things he wants.

My family won’t let me spend my money on stuff I want either. Guess I’ll have to be like some men and hide my moment and purchases from a gf if I ever get one. You’d be surprise the trouble men go though to hide purchases from their wife’s. Some have separate bank accounts theirnwife doesn’t know about. They then lie about how much they make and if they make side money from odd jobs.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 2:22 am

Outrider wrote:
How's that relevant?

How's any of what we are saying relevelent? We went from discussing an article about statistics to a discussion about Sly and the single life.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 2:30 am

ZachGoodwin wrote:
Outrider wrote:
How's that relevant?

How's any of what we are saying relevelent? We went from discussing an article about statistics to a discussion about Sly and the single life.

The article is about why men like me and outrider are alone and will be forever in my case. It’s abiut how society and west civ is doomed and dying.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 2:36 am

sly279 wrote:
ZachGoodwin wrote:
Outrider wrote:
How's that relevant?

The article is about why men like me and outrider are alone and will be forever in my case. It’s abiut how society and west civ is doomed and dying.

That's ridiculous.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 3:20 am

sly279 wrote:
For yiu , but most nt women would want to share a single bed and room. What’s their excuse?
Simply have the guy cover the extra that he needs for bills. Settle for s place that’s within yiur two budgets. It sucks that because I can’t pay what a guy making $25 and hour full time would pay I’m seen as a lazy bum who wouldn’t pay his share.
Say a lady makes $2500 a month but demands a guy making 3,000 a month , wouldn’t a guy making 900-1000 a month be better then being alone forever. Especially considering she doesn’t have to change anything. What’s so wrong with renting a house your whole life.
Then there’s the ones who won house and cars. Sounds like they expect a guy to help pay their mortgage and car payments. Why should I be expected to pay half of a house that’s in her name? She’s making due as is I should only be expected to pay my part of the bills I agreee to. Guess we could have separate meals and food though I don’t feel most couples do that. But like say she wants full cable package and guy doesn’t why should he pay for half of that? Especially considering she had it before and pays it just fine.

I simple think a lot of women could be with a lower paid guy with minor effects to their current situation. I’m not unemployed I just don’t make much. I can only work part time. And even still with bus transit I’m gone for the same time someone working full time is. I leave at 2 and get home at 10. Then now I go to gym for before work. Which takes up 2 hours. Then hour to shower and shave and eat s meal.

I believe proactive cleaning is the best solution. Wash your plate and dish right after you eat, wash the pots and stuff right after you cooked it. Do Stuff like that and then yiu won’t have messed to clean up.

Well, since you asked, the NT women's "excuse" for wanting a bigger place if a guy moves in might be that they need more space for the guy's stuff. I mean if someone moves in, so do the things they own. Of course, if the guy decides to just bring clothes and other little necessary things and sells/gives away all his furniture then it won't take that much space, but if the apartment is really small then even losing that little space might be a problem. That might be the NT women's "excuse."

There's nothing wrong with renting a house (or an apartment) your whole life, but there's also nothing wrong with not wanting to do so (but it's not like you said it was wrong.)

Of course, it might feel wrong to pay for living in a house that is entirely on your partner's name, but what about your partner's feelings? Would it be right that she has to work hard to pay the loan on the house while you get to live in it for free and have more freetime in your hands just because it's not under your name? I'm not saying you would have to pay half of the loan every month/year, but I also think it would be wrong for you to expect to get a roof over your head for free just because of love... now correct me if I'm wrong, but I got the impression that you agree that if you lived in a house owned by your partner then you should pay your share about electricy, water and food, right? Then why is the idea of paying about the roof over your head wrong to you? Because you wouldn't get anything out of it if she left you? If that's the reason then isn't that also a reason for her to ask you to pay for living in her house? Because you know, if you left her she could end up feeling like you only used her to get a free apartment, just like you'd feel that she used you to get a little extra money if she left you.

As for cleaning, it's not that simple. Let's say you cook for your partner. Even if you both wash your own plates, who washes the things used for cooking? You because you cooked? But then she got to eat what you made for free. And what about things like washing the toilet, vacuuming, washing the floors etc. Those aren't "everyone cleans their own mess" type of things; some kind of system needs to be created. And if another person in a couple works full time and brings in much more money than the other, then it sound logical to me that the one who brings less money to the household does more housework.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 3:46 am

sly279 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
So you’d be fine paying half the mortgage of a house for 10+ years then getting kicked out and hey your names not on the mortgage.

Yes, if you don’t own a house, you pay rent to the house owner. That’s the way rent works. It’s also called paying your way.

Quote:
So you spent thousand and thousands and have nothing to show for it.

Like renting?

Quote:
I’d sooner rent a separate place then pay half of some woman’s house for her.

Yet you expect her to rent her space to you for free?

No one makes their partner pay half the mortgage unless it’s a fair rental price.

Agreed.

I don’t date my landlord. It’s a business transaction. But if you all wan come pay for my house I want go ahead, but don’t expect to live in it after it’s paid off :p you won’t find many men willing t help a lady buy a house he has no right to ownership for, but guess that’s yet another difference beymen and women. I also highly doubt most women will pay half a mans mortgage. They usually just live of said man for free and call themselves house wife’s, my brothers wife family, her dad pays everything her mom works too but she spends all her money info fun stuff just for her.

But that’s what we are discuss The Who’ll a man has t pay half of everything idea. Which means that lady who owns a house expects him to pay half of the mortgages. He said better off renting his own appartment that’ll be in his name and he won’t have to pay for repairs, and it’ll be cheaper. What incentive is there for men to spend all their hard earned mo ey ro pay half of so,e woman’s expensive house and belongings? Freak that

Yet another example of women seeing love and relationships as business transactions. Her bf is just her rentee and she’s the landlord, minuse the actual rental agreements and contracts and landlord responsibilities. Why don’t more landlords just date their tenants, they escape all legal processes :roll:

Would either of you pay half my mortgage if I owned a house? Half my $1000 fully loaded cable bill, half my lights on all the time electric bill? Or would you cry no I’m not paying for stuff I don’t need? Cause I bet you wouldn’t , yet you stand here says no guys should. See the difference between this and most couples is most couples rent together, they don’t rent s spot in the others house. If she wants to keep her house then my share will need to be negotiated and it won’t be half. Otherwise we can get s new place together that’s in both our budgets. I’m not asking anymore then I’d do if it was the other way around. I wouldn’t ask rent from s gf, just that she cover her expensive so I don’t have additional costs from her living with me.

As for people who outright own their house, why should their bf pay them rent?
Really sounds like you two want tenants not bfs. That’s not how relationships work, probably why both spouses usually give up bother their places and find s new one together.

Women seem to have issue where they presume all guys are freeloaders but women have mooched off and freeloaded off men for thousands of years and deem it still ok to do so today. Yet if some guy doesn’t pay half he’s a freeloader, but many women in relationships don’t pay a single cent and it’s fine. Some equality :roll:

Maybe couples shouldn’t live together and just only meet in public spaces then go home to their separate homes.

Oh ok. So when a women lives in a house man owns, it’s freeloading, but when you live in a house a woman owns, you offer love and companionship? Right.

Did you even read my post? Unless you’re married, you generally pay your fair share of rent. Not half a mortgage. Your fair share of rent. If I had a 600 dollar per week mortgage and a partner wanted to live with me, I’d probably ask for $200 per week, as I’m not married and it’s my asset. If I was married, my things are their things so they wouldn’t pay. If they had nothing themselves I would get a prenup to protect my assets if I got divorced, which IS what a lot of men do if their wife has no job or no way of contributing financially to the marriage. You pay what you would pay living elsewhere, doesn’t matter what your gender is. Two people are living under one roof, they both contribute. You’re not joined at the hip. You are two people paying for space.

Houses are expensive. It’s not 1950. Both sides of a couple have to contribute to rent or it’s too expensive.

Also, unless you’re married, people buy their own belongings.

It doesn’t matter who buys them if you’re married, as if you split, you each get half.

People don’t buy cars for people they’re not married to. That’s ridiculous. There is no financial security. If anyone is stupid enough to then they deserve to lose it. It’s completely different to renting living space.

You’re not making any sense. You have some weird ideas about the way the world works. Of corse I pay for lights and internet I don’t use. Because in flats, you share expenses. That’s the way life works when you live with people. If they leave lights on all day for no reason, you ask them if they would mind turning them off please. You don’t have a tantrum and refuse to pay the bill like a baby.

Who owns a house at 30 anyway? How cheap are houses in America? Is it that easy? You need at least $250000 as a deposit here before you can even think about owning one. To have one with no debt you have to be a millionaire.

Last edited by hale_bopp on 17 Oct 2017, 4:27 am, edited 4 times in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 4:00 am

sly279 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Chronos wrote:

Worse still quite a few of those women are housewife’s spending his money but deny him things he wants.

My family won’t let me spend my money on stuff I want either. Guess I’ll have to be like some men and hide my moment and purchases from a gf if I ever get one. You’d be surprise the trouble men go though to hide purchases from their wife’s. Some have separate bank accounts theirnwife doesn’t know about. They then lie about how much they make and if they make side money from odd jobs.

It even goes to the simplest things, like grocery and food items.

I see it all the time when I go to the supermarket, if their wives are not with them you often see men on the cellphone asking something like "hunny do I bring this <item>?" ; even for something simple like a new brand of milk or whatever.

I've never came across a woman doing this in the supermarket, BUT I've seen women doing the same when fixing the car, asking their husbands' opinion on what to do, which parts... etc.

I think most men are.....afraid to buy something from the supermarket that may be seen as a waste in the wife's opinion and got her upset.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 4:53 am

sly279 wrote:
Outriders
What’s Agoraphobia

I don’t go places alone it’s hard for me. I prefer online shopping. Otherwise I go with family to shop locally. Going to the gym is hard I hope it gets easier. I force myself cause I have to and now I’ve spent a lot. I hope it’s enough to keep overcoming my anxiety. But i Never did in past .

I especially won’t go walking alone gives me bad anxiety. Nor will I go eat out alone so I haven’t eaten out since got this job even though I could afford to. People would stare at me eating alone in a restaurant. I miss the steak potatoes and rolls thebplace offers though.

You've just described exactly what agoraphobia is. :wink:

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 5:13 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
It even goes to the simplest things, like grocery and food items.

I see it all the time when I go to the supermarket, if their wives are not with them you often see men on the cellphone asking something like "hunny do I bring this <item>?" ; even for something simple like a new brand of milk or whatever.

I've never came across a woman doing this in the supermarket, BUT I've seen women doing the same when fixing the car, asking their husbands' opinion on what to do, which parts... etc.

I think most men are.....afraid to buy something from the supermarket that may be seen as a waste in the wife's opinion and got her upset.

Or it could be that their wife/partner usually handles grocery shopping and other things like that. Then, when for one reason or other their wife/partner can't do it, they aren't sure what to do and ask for advice in order to have it easier.

Of course it is possible that these men have wife/partner that spends money in ways they see fit but throw a tantrum every time the man buys something they don't like. But I belive that this is a minority.

The Abdominal Snowman
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Oct 2017, 5:47 am

Quote:
Even if you both wash your own plates, who washes the things used for cooking?

Really?