Male disposability in life & dating

Page 12 of 25 [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 25  Next

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Oct 2017, 4:19 am

I don't say it generally.
Sly asked for my personal opinion.
I know other women can see it totally differently. Great! Diversity is good for gene pool and society!
But if a man can have a preference for tall/short/dumb/smart/blonde/black/whatever women, why can't I have a preference for engineers?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 4:37 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
magz wrote:
sly279 wrote:
How long do you expect him to keep seeking before he gives up? Should he spend 40 years constantly seeking work? Without income that’s going be expensive and since he’s unemployed unless he gets benifits or government aid you have to foot the bill.

Would you date a permanently low paid guy like he’ll never make more besides gradual pay increases?

Same question to you magz.

I’m on disability and work part time min wage that’s not likely to ever change so would you date a guy in such a situation knowing he’ll never be the dream provider guy?
I have a steady source of income it’s just not a lot.

Do you ask me if I would be interested in a guy like you - if it wasn't for the fact that I am married etc.?

I am a STEM girl from a family of doctors, scientists and engineers. I know what you may image but we weren't wealthy - it was beyond the Iron Curtain, the farmers were much better off here with their easy access to fresh meat. Even after the transformation I was surprised to learn that my family lived near to what was a definition of poverty line. And I know I can live quite happily like that, I've learned to have little needs.

But it may be because of the men of my childhood, my father and uncle, both skilled in electronics - a man who can't solder is not really a man to me. It is stronger than me. I couldn't form a good relationship with a boy who was skilled in something else but not math and mechanics. Even if he could earn big money on it (like law or finances) - he wasn't a man enough for me. I am attracted to engineers.

So, sorry, you are not my type.

By definition, a man is any adult human male. Period.

Women, all of you, seriously, yeah including you who's reading that right now....stop creating your own definitions of what's a man and what's not, imagine men saying "women who are not X or don't have Y are not real women to me".

It's demeaning, so stop it, ok?

I think she is using "man" as in "attractive to me", which I think is totally ok. I don't think we could (or should) stop women from finding certain traits in men attractive and other traits less attractive. That's just how it is, and we men find certain traits attractive in women and other's less attractive, so we are no better.

I think women that likes STEM are super-attractive, especially if they are also neurodiverse.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 4:38 am

magz wrote:
I don't say it generally.
Sly asked for my personal opinion.
I know other women can see it totally differently. Great! Diversity is good for gene pool and society!
But if a man can have a preference for tall/short/dumb/smart/blonde/black/whatever women, why can't I have a preference for engineers?

We never said you couldn't.

I just would't ever say that a woman who doesn't match my prefences, isn't a real woman.

We need to stop this 'real man' nonsense.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Oct 2017, 4:42 am

You are right, I should use words more wisely.
I meant "attractive as a man in my eyes", not a human male or masculine in general.
Sorry if it sounded offensive.
BTW - guys in my country say things like "women should have big breasts and like cooking", even without "to me", so I am desensitized to this, didn't see the line of offence. Sorry.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 6:07 am

Too late magz, we are throwing you to the crocodiles.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 6:12 am

We have no choice.

Don't worry though, they're not 'real crocodiles'.

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Oct 2017, 6:35 am

I agree with her though. To me any guy who isn't some nerdy kid who plays video games maybe goes to the gym, a total social outcast to a degree, and has little to no experience with women isn't a "man" in a sense to me.

Anything other than that just feels like a guy who conformed to society to slay. Which is fine and dandy but not my thing. If a guy is the above and then stutters or picks sh***y conversation topics I'm all in at that point.

Does anyone know how to edit gender on here. Mine should be fem j/s. (Trans)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 6:39 am

Closet Genious wrote:
We have no choice.

They look like real crocs to me.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 6:41 am

SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
I agree with her though. To me any guy who isn't some nerdy kid who plays video games maybe goes to the gym, a total social outcast to a degree, and has little to no experience with women isn't a "man" in a sense to me.

Anything other than that just feels like a guy who conformed to society to slay. Which is fine and dandy but not my thing. If a guy is the above and then stutters or picks sh***y conversation topics I'm all in at that point.

To the crocodiles!

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Oct 2017, 7:05 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:

To the crocodiles!

To the crocodiles!

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 7:05 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
We have no choice.

Do they have engineering degrees?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Oct 2017, 7:13 am

Closet Genious wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
We have no choice.

Do they have engineering degrees?

No, they suffer discrimination at universities because of their skin color... and texture :(

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 7:14 am

^ Yes they do have, in their tummies.

Sometime World
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Oct 2017, 7:48 am

AngelRho wrote:
Disposability of men: Harvey Weinstein.

Rich, famous, powerful, had his pick of women and could afford to keep mouths shut.

Once the money slips, even just a little, so does the power. Now Harvey is just another creep, just another bum. Give it another year or three and people will be like “Harvey Who?” Even being famous, rich, and possessing male genitalia is not enough to prevent even a “great artist” from being casually tossed in the dustbin of public opinion, lost and forgotten all but for his abuse of women.

Yep. A great example of a male bogeyman figure being totally destroyed to showcase the power of feminism and male disposability for sure.

Notice all these women crawl out of the woodwork all at the same time, for stuff that happened decades ago, even though everybody close to Harvey knew he was a bit of sex-obsessive prick as far back as the 1980's. Why wasn't it reported then? And now all these women coming forward are being praised as "courageous."? Somehow telling nobody for years or decades you were propositioned by a perv until the New York Times broke the story was a brave thing to do? I have zero sympathy for him or them. The whole thing is putrid. Besides, dotting on actresses/pretty women was -- and is normal -- for every male born with a set of plums who happens to work with them. Those women are used to it.

There is a misuse of language in the news on these cases as well, when merely asking a woman out for a drink becomes "sexual harassment" or "sexual predatory behaviour".

It is a brainwashing attempt by the media to instil fear into the everyman who interacts with women (especially alone in the workplace etc), and for every woman to become paranoid and then vindictive (report false sexism, sex assault etc) when a guy hits on them or ignores them etc.

So what really happened. Weinstein got some sex or sexually fulfilled, actresses got a role and a career. It's not like he raped them at gunpoint or something. Besides, who has profited more? The women, of course - Weinstein only got some short, probably lousy sex in his office (the women found him ugly looking), the women got fame, money, roles they could profit from for their whole life.

Also, he didn't sacrifice babies to the devil or something. I don't know whom he pissed off, but probably something much bigger than him. Apparently, his net worth is around 130 million - so, not only is he a conservative for Hollywood standards, he is also small fry for these Satanic circles.

Woody Allen was also right:

Quote:
“You also don’t want it to lead to a witch hunt atmosphere, a Salem atmosphere, where every guy in an office who winks at a woman is suddenly having to call a lawyer to defend himself,” Allen said. “That’s not right either.”

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Oct 2017, 7:59 am

Sometime World wrote:
Notice all these women crawl out of the woodwork all at the same time, for stuff that happened decades ago, even though everybody close to Harvey knew he was a bit of sex-obsessive prick as far back as the 1980's. Why wasn't it reported then? And now all these women coming forward are being praised as "courageous."? Somehow telling nobody for years or decades you were propositioned by a perv until the New York Times broke the story was a brave thing to do? I have zero sympathy for him or them. The whole thing is putrid. Besides, dotting on actresses/pretty women was -- and is normal -- for every male born with a set of plums who happens to work with them. Those women are used to it.

Do you think it only about actresses or about female workers in general?

Sometime World
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Oct 2017, 8:18 am

Chronos wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Chronos wrote:
SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Aspie1 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Anyway. Would one really get satisfaction from a life of working a low paid entry level job?

hurtloam wrote:
I don't think the answer is to separate ourselves more. We should be finding ways, men and women, to work together and find common ground and ways to get along with each other better.

I mean how can we become more respectful of each other. Obviously young men are feeling worthless and unloved. that's not good for society. We have a big problem. Being cold towards one another isn't the answer.

A "nice" job is often necessary to keep up with a girlfriend's or wife's demands. Big house, fancy car, engagement ring, jewelry for the anniversary, birthday presents, pricey Valentine's Day dinners, etc, etc, etc. Not to mention, high-paying jobs are often pretty stressful. If a man doesn't have anyone pushing all those demands and doesn't seek out romantic partners, a high-paid job becomes borderline unnecessary. A simple, low-stress job is just enough to maintain a man's lifestyle: a small but comfortable house, an inexpensive reliable car, and some extra cash for weekend outings.

I think we as a society already crossed the point of no return; the relationship between sexes at large is too damaged to repair in one generation's lifetime. Because my generation is basically out of luck, I'm choosing to keep a safe distance and watch the circus unfold. Just like Guy Montag in the closing scene of "Fahrenheit 451", where he watches his city get carpet-bombed, while standing in the safety of the countryside, talking to Book People.

Oh, and for the records, I have women friends who think highly of me. I just refuse to have anything to do with romantic or sexual relationships. In which case, I can't help but snicker at young men falling over themselves trying to find a sex partner or a girlfriend. Even though I was just like that 15 years ago.

Oh I don't doubt you guys are quite nice in real life. I used to work with a red pill guy and he's lovely.i really like him. I just feel that he must have been really hurt at some point to have had to delve into such a separatist ideology. I had to unfollow him on Facebook because I couldn't take the negativity of the things he liked.

The existence of women hurt men. Men who believe in the law of equivalent exchange are hurt by what women represent each day. The thing that makes men get upset is not that women control the power, it's that so many disregard the fact they do, as if they don't because they don't care or are actually that stupid.

Men see how other men who can easily sway women act, and cannot understand how women fall prey to this over and over, because logically it makes zero sense. But again....just goes back to people being generally stupid. I would go so far as to say, no woman should ever be unmarried past 25-30 unless by direct choice for a strong reason. Every woman who isn't and says it's because of men just isn't smart enough to understand her own power maybe even her own previous power, as women's power can be argued goes down with age as a rapid rate based off of choices, genetics etc.

I've existed in male dominated environments and have had male friends almost exclusively and have been rejected by every man I have asked out, and have never had a serious marriage proposal. So my 37 years of experience being female gives me a different perspective on the matter than your 24 years of being male.

I find that a lot of men who struggle socially have this idea that all women have all men in the palm of their hands, figuratively, and all men are so desperate that they would take any woman who showed interest in them, and that's really not the case. The average man has standards, just like the average woman. There are women the average man has no interest in dating, or may have an interest in dating, but no interest in marrying. I cannot just magically snap my fingers and make the man of my choice, or any man for that matter, marry me.

Yes this is very true. I'm in the same situation.

Men don't see what is really going on in women's lives. They just assume and we are meant to take their assumptions as fact.

In saying that I don't doubt their tales of meeting materialistic women and when they tell me of the horrible things women have said to them I believe them.

But they need to believe us women when we tell them we don't have a golden ticket either

It's funny how they say 'women can choose whoever they want and men have to dance for them.' But all my single female friends who constantly get overlooked for someone 'better' feel the same way, that men get to choose anyone they want and we have to constantly jump through hoops for the men. And even then we're never good enough and I know so many women who have just given up.

They are sick of have their self esteem crushed and they're sick of being treated like they're unappealing. They don't want their self worth to be measured by a man. And these are clever, down to earth, non-materialistic women. Not gold diggers or harpies.

I know you won't like this, but the reason I am always skeptical of this, is because the women I know who say they can't get a man, easily could, they just completely overlook the men who are willing to date them.

That is a game that both men and women play, and it comes down to the fact that most people do have standards, both men and women. When they say they can't find someone, they mean someone who meets certain standards. I've observed though, that a lot of young men who struggle socially, don't recognize that they also often have standards. For example, he might think he will take any girl who wants him, but when I probe deeper, I usually find that that's not the case at all and he excludes a large portion of the female population from his idea of girl/woman, with respect to both sex and relationships.

For example, someone like this girl might be ok...she's not a super model, not a conventional girl, and not very feminine, but not horrible either.

But someone like this would not be...

I wouldn't call her hideous. Maybe she's a nice lady. But she's old and severely overweight and I think most young guys who say they will take any woman would throw an exception when presented with this one.

As for me, there certainly are men I would not only not approach, but reject, such as pedophiles, violent men, men who don't bathe or brush their teeth, men who are too old for me, men who are racist, men who lead very unhealthy or dangerous lifestyles, men who are dishonest, and so on.

Closet Genious wrote:
The problem is that they want the men, that get plenty of female attention already.

And same with a lot of men who want women who get a lot of male attention already.

It's normal though for vast majority of men to exclude the obese females. They look disgusting, they don't turn us on sexually and they have health problems which also effects an unborn baby. Obesity is aslo a reflection of WHO you are on the inside, or who were once were very recently: lazy slob that ate too much and didn't exercise. A lack of slef control, depression etc.

It's just as normal as you excluding downs syndrome males, infertile males (if you want children), males with mental deficiencies (cretins) who are 4ft8 inches tall and weigh 75 pounds. You do it because of evolutionary triggers; disgust tells you to stay the fuuuark away.

What isn't normal is why does a healthy weight, average looking woman (like the picture you provided) who works in a fast food outlet think she's too good for her male equal; a healthy weight plain guy who works in a fast food outlet?

Tell me why? (Besides women having irrational beliefs about low paid men - like we're too dumb or not smart enough etc), tell me why)