Page 13 of 14 [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 3:37 pm

BTDT wrote:
I own my house, which means I hold title to it and not a mortgage company. I have a lot more spending money now that I don't have to make rent or mortgage payments.

I won't be able to say the same until I'm a very old man. Then I still won't have money because I'll be retired.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 3:50 pm

Women aren't entitled to love.

When someone has their heart broken or falls for a guy who isn't interested or just feels lonely other women tell them that is not what life is all about. They say you don't need a man. They say you should be content on your own. Women don't even encourage each other to find love or be loved in my experience. Especially not the ones who have been hurt and rejected.

They tell other women to spare themselves the pain.

You guys have no idea what women say to each other. Women tell other women they don't need love. That certainly isn't a female conspiracy that only women deserve love.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 4:24 pm

So a humble house in my city costs about that, $200-300K; while GDP is like 4 times less than NYC. Wee.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 7:08 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
So you’d be fine paying half the mortgage of a house for 10+ years then getting kicked out and hey your names not on the mortgage.

Yes, if you don’t own a house, you pay rent to the house owner. That’s the way rent works. It’s also called paying your way.

Quote:
So you spent thousand and thousands and have nothing to show for it.

Like renting?

Quote:
I’d sooner rent a separate place then pay half of some woman’s house for her.

Yet you expect her to rent her space to you for free?

No one makes their partner pay half the mortgage unless it’s a fair rental price.

Agreed.

I don’t date my landlord. It’s a business transaction. But if you all wan come pay for my house I want go ahead, but don’t expect to live in it after it’s paid off :p you won’t find many men willing t help a lady buy a house he has no right to ownership for, but guess that’s yet another difference beymen and women. I also highly doubt most women will pay half a mans mortgage. They usually just live of said man for free and call themselves house wife’s, my brothers wife family, her dad pays everything her mom works too but she spends all her money info fun stuff just for her.

But that’s what we are discuss The Who’ll a man has t pay half of everything idea. Which means that lady who owns a house expects him to pay half of the mortgages. He said better off renting his own appartment that’ll be in his name and he won’t have to pay for repairs, and it’ll be cheaper. What incentive is there for men to spend all their hard earned mo ey ro pay half of so,e woman’s expensive house and belongings? Freak that

Yet another example of women seeing love and relationships as business transactions. Her bf is just her rentee and she’s the landlord, minuse the actual rental agreements and contracts and landlord responsibilities. Why don’t more landlords just date their tenants, they escape all legal processes :roll:

Would either of you pay half my mortgage if I owned a house? Half my $1000 fully loaded cable bill, half my lights on all the time electric bill? Or would you cry no I’m not paying for stuff I don’t need? Cause I bet you wouldn’t , yet you stand here says no guys should. See the difference between this and most couples is most couples rent together, they don’t rent s spot in the others house. If she wants to keep her house then my share will need to be negotiated and it won’t be half. Otherwise we can get s new place together that’s in both our budgets. I’m not asking anymore then I’d do if it was the other way around. I wouldn’t ask rent from s gf, just that she cover her expensive so I don’t have additional costs from her living with me.

As for people who outright own their house, why should their bf pay them rent?
Really sounds like you two want tenants not bfs. That’s not how relationships work, probably why both spouses usually give up bother their places and find s new one together.

Women seem to have issue where they presume all guys are freeloaders but women have mooched off and freeloaded off men for thousands of years and deem it still ok to do so today. Yet if some guy doesn’t pay half he’s a freeloader, but many women in relationships don’t pay a single cent and it’s fine. Some equality :roll:

Maybe couples shouldn’t live together and just only meet in public spaces then go home to their separate homes.

Oh ok. So when a women lives in a house man owns, it’s freeloading, but when you live in a house a woman owns, you offer love and companionship? Right.

Did you even read my post? Unless you’re married, you generally pay your fair share of rent. Not half a mortgage. Your fair share of rent. If I had a 600 dollar per week mortgage and a partner wanted to live with me, I’d probably ask for $200 per week, as I’m not married and it’s my asset. If I was married, my things are their things so they wouldn’t pay. If they had nothing themselves I would get a prenup to protect my assets if I got divorced, which IS what a lot of men do if their wife has no job or no way of contributing financially to the marriage. You pay what you would pay living elsewhere, doesn’t matter what your gender is. Two people are living under one roof, they both contribute. You’re not joined at the hip. You are two people paying for space.

Houses are expensive. It’s not 1950. Both sides of a couple have to contribute to rent or it’s too expensive.

Also, unless you’re married, people buy their own belongings.

It doesn’t matter who buys them if you’re married, as if you split, you each get half.

People don’t buy cars for people they’re not married to. That’s ridiculous. There is no financial security. If anyone is stupid enough to then they deserve to lose it. It’s completely different to renting living space.

You’re not making any sense. You have some weird ideas about the way the world works. Of corse I pay for lights and internet I don’t use. Because in flats, you share expenses. That’s the way life works when you live with people. If they leave lights on all day for no reason, you ask them if they would mind turning them off please. You don’t have a tantrum and refuse to pay the bill like a baby.

Who owns a house at 30 anyway? How cheap are houses in America? Is it that easy? You need at least $250000 as a deposit here before you can even think about owning one. To have one with no debt you have to be a millionaire.

I know several people under 30 who own houses.

I'm not one of them because I made bad choices with my money :(

Wow, you need $250000 just for the deposit? Over here just $25000 would be enough.

If life is that easy in America, I really cannot see what people are moaning about. $25,000? That’s crazily low.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 7:21 pm

Outrider wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
As a female who has battled suicide and abusive men some of this is really hard to stomach. I’m still getting therapy for it 10 years later.

It really sounds like your opinions are formed from lack of life experience and little else.

Also, if you hate loud noises, how can you go to a gym? It’s the loudest, clankiest most echoing places ever.

Outrider wrote:
What's hard to stomach?

And, home gym...

And, the older, far more experienced men here are agreeing with some of what I say.

Different people's experiences never line up. That's to be expected.

Yeah Hale.Bopp.his said.some.things like "You have weird vies on the world/women" to me and Sly as if that makes us wrong when everyone's experiences are different and.not.necessarily right or wrong.

It is wrong if it’s not based on fact. Some of slys views are solely based on how he wants to come off as worse off than women. He makes massive generalisations that aren’t applicable to most women or men, just because it happened to him. His view about unmarried couples not both paying rent in 2017 is not evidence based. He would rather pay rent to a stranger than pay it to a female he’s dating who owns the house because he has a chip on his shoulder. that’s really immature and biased.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 7:41 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
So you’d be fine paying half the mortgage of a house for 10+ years then getting kicked out and hey your names not on the mortgage.

Yes, if you don’t own a house, you pay rent to the house owner. That’s the way rent works. It’s also called paying your way.

Quote:

Like renting?

Quote:

No one makes their partner pay half the mortgage unless it’s a fair rental price.

Agreed.

I don’t date my landlord. It’s a business transaction. But if you all wan come pay for my house I want go ahead, but don’t expect to live in it after it’s paid off :p you won’t find many men willing t help a lady buy a house he has no right to ownership for, but guess that’s yet another difference beymen and women. I also highly doubt most women will pay half a mans mortgage. They usually just live of said man for free and call themselves house wife’s, my brothers wife family, her dad pays everything her mom works too but she spends all her money info fun stuff just for her.

But that’s what we are discuss The Who’ll a man has t pay half of everything idea. Which means that lady who owns a house expects him to pay half of the mortgages. He said better off renting his own appartment that’ll be in his name and he won’t have to pay for repairs, and it’ll be cheaper. What incentive is there for men to spend all their hard earned mo ey ro pay half of so,e woman’s expensive house and belongings? Freak that

Yet another example of women seeing love and relationships as business transactions. Her bf is just her rentee and she’s the landlord, minuse the actual rental agreements and contracts and landlord responsibilities. Why don’t more landlords just date their tenants, they escape all legal processes :roll:

Would either of you pay half my mortgage if I owned a house? Half my $1000 fully loaded cable bill, half my lights on all the time electric bill? Or would you cry no I’m not paying for stuff I don’t need? Cause I bet you wouldn’t , yet you stand here says no guys should. See the difference between this and most couples is most couples rent together, they don’t rent s spot in the others house. If she wants to keep her house then my share will need to be negotiated and it won’t be half. Otherwise we can get s new place together that’s in both our budgets. I’m not asking anymore then I’d do if it was the other way around. I wouldn’t ask rent from s gf, just that she cover her expensive so I don’t have additional costs from her living with me.

Really sounds like you two want tenants not bfs. That’s not how relationships work, probably why both spouses usually give up bother their places and find s new one together.

Women seem to have issue where they presume all guys are freeloaders but women have mooched off and freeloaded off men for thousands of years and deem it still ok to do so today. Yet if some guy doesn’t pay half he’s a freeloader, but many women in relationships don’t pay a single cent and it’s fine. Some equality :roll:

Maybe couples shouldn’t live together and just only meet in public spaces then go home to their separate homes.

Oh ok. So when a women lives in a house man owns, it’s freeloading, but when you live in a house a woman owns, you offer love and companionship? Right.

Did you even read my post? Unless you’re married, you generally pay your fair share of rent. Not half a mortgage. Your fair share of rent. If I had a 600 dollar per week mortgage and a partner wanted to live with me, I’d probably ask for $200 per week, as I’m not married and it’s my asset. If I was married, my things are their things so they wouldn’t pay. If they had nothing themselves I would get a prenup to protect my assets if I got divorced, which IS what a lot of men do if their wife has no job or no way of contributing financially to the marriage. You pay what you would pay living elsewhere, doesn’t matter what your gender is. Two people are living under one roof, they both contribute. You’re not joined at the hip. You are two people paying for space.

Houses are expensive. It’s not 1950. Both sides of a couple have to contribute to rent or it’s too expensive.

It doesn’t matter who buys them if you’re married, as if you split, you each get half.

People don’t buy cars for people they’re not married to. That’s ridiculous. There is no financial security. If anyone is stupid enough to then they deserve to lose it. It’s completely different to renting living space.

You’re not making any sense. You have some weird ideas about the way the world works. Of corse I pay for lights and internet I don’t use. Because in flats, you share expenses. That’s the way life works when you live with people. If they leave lights on all day for no reason, you ask them if they would mind turning them off please. You don’t have a tantrum and refuse to pay the bill like a baby.

Who owns a house at 30 anyway? How cheap are houses in America? Is it that easy? You need at least $250000 as a deposit here before you can even think about owning one. To have one with no debt you have to be a millionaire.

Wow, you need $250000 just for the deposit? Over here just $25000 would be enough.

If life is that easy in America, I really cannot see what people are moaning about. $25,000? That’s crazily low.

I wouldn't know since I live in Australia. I know a guy who bought a three bedroom house using a $17,000 deposit. The house itself cost just under $300,000.

If you need a $250,000 deposit the house itself must cost three or four million dollars. Is life so hard in New Zealand that a basic house costs millions of dollars?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 10:55 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Quote:

Like renting?

Quote:

Agreed.

I wouldn't know since I live in Australia. I know a guy who bought a three bedroom house using a $17,000 deposit. The house itself cost just under $300,000.

If you need a $250,000 deposit the house itself must cost three or four million dollars. Is life so hard in New Zealand that a basic house costs millions of dollars?

In this city, yes. But it’s where the jobs are. In tiny towns you can get a 3 bedroom house for $200000 but not anywhere near here, or any city with decent jobs available. I moved here because I could not get a decent job somewhere smaller.

1 bedroom here is 500,000. This would mean about 600-700 a week which I cannot even afford, and I earn a salary that is not minimum wage. The thought of one half of a couple not paying rent for the space they’re using is an absolute disgrace. Good thing most men don’t think like Sly.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 1:01 am

SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
You know this whole thread is kinda pointless. Sly and whoever else, if you really want a girl who is loyal, and does traditional things, just go down the redpill path. It's pretty much 100% gonna work provided you don't get oneitis, or have ethical standards when it comes to game.

I have female friends who admit how good it is. I just can't use it because it makes me think less of humanity.

I’m slightly considering checking some redpill forums out. I wonder if perhaps they’d be more understanding and comforting to me.
I wouldn’t not be able to do red pill stuff. I can’t neg women. I won’t brake my morals and effical code. Not that I a lowly aspie would be able to preform the socializing requirements of playing the game.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 1:06 am

So it isn't just the U.S. that has issues with affordable housing? Holy crap!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 2:13 am

So It seems the housing costs are very similar in all major cities of the world, despite the big gaps of wages between countries.

https://www.propertyfinder.com.lb/searc ... f=&at=&kw=

I am aiming at something outside the city, in a mountainous area.

Something like that:
https://www.propertyfinder.com.lb/en/bu ... 23299.html

Or better like that:
https://www.propertyfinder.com.lb/en/bu ... 30192.html
https://www.propertyfinder.com.lb/en/bu ... 28153.html

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 18 Oct 2017, 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 2:18 am

sly279 wrote:
SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
You know this whole thread is kinda pointless. Sly and whoever else, if you really want a girl who is loyal, and does traditional things, just go down the redpill path. It's pretty much 100% gonna work provided you don't get oneitis, or have ethical standards when it comes to game.

I have female friends who admit how good it is. I just can't use it because it makes me think less of humanity.

I’m slightly considering checking some redpill forums out. I wonder if perhaps they’d be more understanding and comforting to me.
I wouldn’t not be able to do red pill stuff. I can’t neg women. I won’t brake my morals and effical code. Not that I a lowly aspie would be able to preform the socializing requirements of playing the game.

It's not more 'moral' to kiss womens asses hoping they will like you.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 2:31 am

Closet Genious wrote:
sly279 wrote:
SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:

It's not more 'moral' to kiss womens asses hoping they will like you.

What "?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 2:35 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
sly279 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
As I posted earlier, I dated and eventually married a man who, at the time we got together, was making significantly less than I was.

Discussions like this as are a scapegoat. Instead of doing the work to figure out what one's assets are, and to improve them if one doesn't like what they see on the tally sheet, people try to blame it all on some standard held by other parties. Well, that is garbage. It is self-defeating.

Some people can’t change their situations. That’s how the world works. Be it me or some poor farmer in china who can’t escape the farm. Poor people tend to stay poor generation to generation othing changes for most. That poor Irish guys family were poor iirish immigrants.

I’m permanently disabled, I’ve been on disability since 15 I’ll be on it til I die so that means my income will always be about 1,000 a month. That can’t be changed. So I’ll keep being upset at women who won’t date me over something I can’t change. Be glad your son isn’t as disabled. But he hasn’t finished college yet which is where he’ll find out. I did very good in college. I was on the deans list and a honor student. None of that helped me in the real world.

So I’m tired of being told I’m just lazy and not trying to change, if I could get s job that paid $50 an hour for 20 hours a week I would but what job pays that other then ceos or executives and they work 50+ hours a week.

All that’s in my power to change is my body weight and I’m doing that at great expense to me.

I have never called you lazy. Locked into your thinking, yes, and I know that ASD does that. But not lazy. I know how hard you all work to get through a single day.

You may never change the ability to earn more money, but you do have the ability to figure out if there is some positive to bring to a relationship that does not involve money. I've tried to lead you there, to get you to self-asses and find more assets, but you are locked into your thinking. If anyone should be ignoring statistics, it should be you. You aren't a statistic.

Perhaps because you were good at school you might make a great home school parent. Or someone really good at helping their partner with research, and in that way supporting their career. Brainstorm. What kinds of things have others looked to you for, ever? If I knew more about you, I might brainstorm better.

I've helped my son work around his disabilities. Yes, he has some. But he also has strengths, and he has successfully held several different jobs. His whole life we've been working on the "maximize your strengths, minimize your disabilities" game. He also grew up with a much more severely affected peer, and the community has been doing the same for that young man. It isn't about working harder, but navigating smarter. Do you have anyone in real life who can help you with that? Figuring it out on your own may not be realistic.

I don't know if you can get there. I don't know what is meant to be for you. I do know you can't let some article allow you to feel its all hopeless.

:cry:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 5:00 am

hale_bopp wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Quote:

Like renting?

Quote:

Agreed.

In this city, yes. But it’s where the jobs are. In tiny towns you can get a 3 bedroom house for $200000 but not anywhere near here, or any city with decent jobs available. I moved here because I could not get a decent job somewhere smaller.

1 bedroom here is 500,000. This would mean about 600-700 a week which I cannot even afford, and I earn a salary that is not minimum wage. The thought of one half of a couple not paying rent for the space they’re using is an absolute disgrace. Good thing most men don’t think like Sly.

New Zealand is too expensive! 8O Ok not everyone in Australia lives in the city but we can at least get a 3 bedroom house in the suburbs within easy commuting distance of the CBD for $300,000.

Is the rent super expensive? Do you at least have fast internet there?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 5:21 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Quote:

Like renting?

Quote:

Agreed.

New Zealand is too expensive! 8O Ok not everyone in Australia lives in the city but we can at least get a 3 bedroom house in the suburbs within easy commuting distance of the CBD for $300,000.

Is the rent super expensive? Do you at least have fast internet there?

The rent is so expensive, that unless you’re a couple, you’re forced to live with other people. I’ve been talking to a councillor about how hard it is to make it work financially if you want to be on your own.

Fast internet is available in some areas. It’s rolling out now.

City apartments are less than 50m sq and are over half a million. A house on the city fringe is at least $1m. The worst areas with gangs and poverty outside the city fringe have houses ranging between probably 400k and 500k

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 5:36 am

Holy nested quotes, Batman!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!