Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 9:56 pm

Do non couples hold hands for extended periods? Like walking around up and down stairs not wanting to let go?
From my understanding that’s a early romantic couple phase activity.

ms.utopia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Oct 2017, 10:11 pm

I think it depends on the characteristic of those who holdig hands :D Some people are very warm and like to touch, hold others as a gesture of welcoming, accepting, or strenghten bond of friendship. For others who have more tendency to keep distance with others, holding hands probably can be seen as a sign of close relationship, either romantic ones or not.

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Oct 2017, 11:22 pm

Yes, it depends. I think it's weird holding hands with my boyfriend, so that doesn't happen unless he wants to (luckily not that often).
Then I have a friend who does not only want to hold hands, she wants to hug. Whilst walking! All the time! Uncomfortable for me, but I just try to take it as a nice sign of affection.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 12:20 am

Embla wrote:
Yes, it depends. I think it's weird holding hands with my boyfriend, so that doesn't happen unless he wants to (luckily not that often).
Then I have a friend who does not only want to hold hands, she wants to hug. Whilst walking! All the time! Uncomfortable for me, but I just try to take it as a nice sign of affection.

I think your friend is lesbian/bi and she's into you.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 Oct 2017, 2:27 am

Depends of the culture.
Where I live, extended non-sexual physical contact is acceptable between females but not inter-gender nor males.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 3:14 am

magz wrote:
Depends of the culture.
Where I live, extended non-sexual physical contact is acceptable between females but not inter-gender nor males.

Agreed. I have a friend who is also very huggy like that. It's just common in her culture. Nothing lesbian about it.

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Oct 2017, 4:43 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Embla wrote:

Hehe, nah I don't think so. We did have short fling once, but we're both in steady relationships now. I think she just does that to most of her friends.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 4:34 pm

Embla wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Embla wrote:

Hehe, nah I don't think so. We did have short fling once, but we're both in steady relationships now. I think she just does that to most of her friends.

*raising an eyebrow*

I knew it. :mrgreen:

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 6:17 pm

I’d see Korean girls holding hands all the time in Seoul. It’s just a cultural thing. Kinda like how smiling/laughing in public is considered bad manners.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 8:14 pm

This a straight guy and straight girl. They been eating lunch together every day and she’ll come in on off days and hang out around him, then other day they went to lunch and she kept holding his hand and he said you’re never going let go are yiu?

So seems highly romantic to me, the kind of relationship I want but will never get even i I get a relationship later in life.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 2:14 am

I see moms and daughters(adults) holding hands, or more often hook arms, all the time, it's a cultural thing here - but it can be basically for helping the old mother in her walk.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 9:23 am

Counting people related to you? My boys still like holding hands with me, as does my girl. My oldest prefers grabbing my whole arm while I practically drag him where ever we are in public.

My kids still like me. I don’t question it.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 Oct 2017, 1:41 am

My girlfriend holds relatives hands sometimes but she's very affectionate with her family in general & has anxiety issues when she's out in public. We both really like holding each other's hands a lot.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition