There's plenty of fish in the ocean

Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

FunkyPunky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Nov 2017, 9:47 pm

Everybody loves that old saying "there's plenty of fish in the ocean." What nobody ever mentions is that men are the fish not the fishermen. And since there's always more fish in the ocean there is always BETTER fish in the ocean. You get pulled out and then thrown back in the hopes that the next catch will be something (anything) better than you. People want to catch sharks and swordfish not guppies like you and me. So when do we decide to quit looking for hooks to bite and just swim away all alone?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 10:17 pm

Chicks are fish, too.

I am, most certainly, a fisherman.

Zed90230
Raven
Raven

21 Nov 2017, 10:37 pm

Many of the fish in the ocean are poison.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 10:49 pm

If women are fish I must be the most unappealing bait.

Also most of us don’t live in the ocean we live in small ponds with no river or stream access

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Nov 2017, 3:59 am

Where I come from the ocean/sea is polluted & lots of people are over-fishing keeping more than they should have.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 7:55 am

sly279 wrote:
Also most of us don’t live in the ocean we live in small ponds with no river or stream access

That's actually very accurate metaphor.

FunkyPunky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Nov 2017, 11:27 am

I've been turned down by dozens (maybe hundreds) of women. Most of them could barely be called attractive by society's standards but they were convinced they could catch a better bigger fish than me anyway. But do you know how many I've thrown back? One. And she was crazy. Would send a new picture of herself flipping me off every ten minutes and get mad if I didn't tell her how funny she was.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 1:40 pm

sly279 wrote:

Some of us live in a large ocean, only to find out that it's filled with dolphins - and you're a turtle.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 1:52 pm

Ichinin wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Some of us live in a large ocean, only to find out that it's filled with dolphins - and you're a turtle.

:lol:

Never thought I'd get good laughs out of this part of the forum.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 2:47 pm

Ichinin wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Ahh, what if you are not a turtle, but a kraken instead? :twisted:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 2:56 pm

Well, the saying is so wrong because in the real ocean there are much more fish than fishermen, - but in the case of dating, the lake has as much fish as fishermen, and some fishermen have better poles and much fatter baits than others , some even have effective nets to catch several fish- so the least equipped fishermen end up dying from hunger.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 3:02 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Well, the saying is so wrong because in the real ocean there are much more fish than fishermen, - but in the case of dating, the lake has as much fish as fishermen, and some fishermen have better poles and much fatter baits than others - so the least equipped fishermen end up dying from hunger.

I have seen someone catch fish using only a plain simple hook (no bait or lure attached) and a string. It depends upon how desperately hungry the fish are at the time. Granted, the odds are greatly against this happening, yet it did occur.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 3:12 pm

Trust me: there are plenty of fish in lakes, too.....probably much more than any quantity of fisherman.

Clakker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Nov 2017, 3:32 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Well, the saying is so wrong because in the real ocean there are much more fish than fishermen, - but in the case of dating, the lake has as much fish as fishermen, and some fishermen have better poles and much fatter baits than others , some even have effective nets to catch several fish- so the least equipped fishermen end up dying from hunger.

You’re a master of the double entendre. :P

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 3:41 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Chicks are fish, too.

I am, most certainly, a fisherman.

:lol:

Oh kraftie I do love you!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 4:47 pm

FunkyPunky wrote:
I've been turned down by dozens (maybe hundreds) of women. Most of them could barely be called attractive by society's standards but they were convinced they could catch a better bigger fish than me anyway. But do you know how many I've thrown back? One. And she was crazy. Would send a new picture of herself flipping me off every ten minutes and get mad if I didn't tell her how funny she was.

I see lots of women be like, “I’m fat but you have to accept me for it. I’m not what most would call attractive.I’m unemployed college drop out. I still live at my parents house. You must be attractive, thin and athletic, have a good job, car, and your own place.”

So they want everything they don’t offer or have from a guy. They just want want want and only offer sex in return. Though some also say they won’t ever have sex.

If your a fat woman you can’t demand a thin atherltic man. Men are constantly to
D they can’t get a thin woman even if they thin themselves. Society has mad a lot of women feel over valued. They slam a fat guy for wanting a thin woman, but they demand thin guys only despite being obese themselves with no plans to change and telling men to just accept them as they are. :roll: hypocrites.