Page 3 of 11 [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

NorthWind
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 3:40 am

sly279 wrote:
NorthWind wrote:
sly279 wrote:
I suppose you equally support men refusing to date fat women and fat shaming them? After all those men are just seeking the way they want to live their lives and what they want. But most women say different that’s it’s wrong welp I say it’s equally wrong to refuse low paid men and shame them too then.

Not dating fat women is not the same as fat-shaming them. Yes, I do think that if a man is not attracted to fat women he shouldn't date them and not dating them doesn't make him a bad person. Saying "I'm not attracted to fat women, therefore I don't date them" is not the same as saying "Fat women are worthless, lazy subhumans and they shouldn't leave their house because I don't want to see them". That I think the first opinion is ok to have doesn't mean I agree with the second.
It's the same with men who have financial problems, live with their mother and don't have a car. Saying she won't date them (e.g. because she has an active lifestyle and wants someone who can keep up with that) is not the same as calling them subhuman, worthless losers etc.

Sure there are women who shame poor men who still live with their mothers, but not all women who wouldn't date them do so, just like not all men who wouldn't date fat women do fat-shaming.

It's the same with things that pertain to me too. It's perfectly all right if someone tells me he is attracted to girls with smooth skin and not to pimply faces. Pretty much every man is going to agree with him too. It's simply in our biology to think that smooth skin is attractive and pimply skin isn't. That my skin is not smooth doesn't add any moral component that that simple fact. Now, if someone told me "Ugh, your face is so ugly you should be wearing a burka" I'm going to think that this person is rude anyway.

Describing what a real man is is shaming all men who don’t meet those requirements. Telling men they aren’t real men is shaming. Calling such men losers , man child, etc is shaming. I see lots of it everywhere from women and some men too.

Um yes, I never said it wasn't shaming (actually I said it was) but not everyone who wouldn't date such men (or the majority of such men) ever used the word 'real man' or 'man child' or whatever.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 3:55 am

sly279 wrote:
The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
Marknis wrote:
I fear waking up one day being 35 and I will still be making posts like this. Even though I was doubtful, a part of me atleast hoped my 20's would be better than my teens. I really should just destroy my brain already.

If you don't do anything to change your trajectory, you're probably right. Try becoming closer to what women want if you want women to want you. Women aren't going to want to be with you for no reason.

Again what’s your suggestion for men who can’t become successful middle class men?
Worlds aleways going need low paid workers, there what keeps the world turning.

Look for a lower quality woman. If even they turn you down, learn to accept that you'll remain alone. Don't complain that no-one wants you if you don't possess qualities worth wanting. Women arent attracted to an 'I can't' attitude

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 4:23 am

sly279 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
I fear waking up one day being 35 and I will still be making posts like this. Even though I was doubtful, a part of me atleast hoped my 20's would be better than my teens. I really should just destroy my brain already.

If you don't do anything to change your trajectory, you're probably right. Try becoming closer to what women want if you want women to want you. Women aren't going to want to be with you for no reason.

Again what’s your suggestion for men who can’t become successful middle class men?

Look for a lower quality woman. If even they turn you down, learn to accept that you'll remain alone. Don't complain that no-one wants you if you don't possess qualities worth wanting. Women arent attracted to an 'I can't' attitude

Sorry last I checked there’s not law about complain, your logic could be applied to a lot of different situations that society would deem wrong to apply it to. It’s only men of lo status that no one gives a poop about. I’ve never seen any women told if no guy dates them accept being along forever, they get told they’re worth it and deserve love. Rally a two faced world.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 4:26 am

NorthWind wrote:
sly279 wrote:
NorthWind wrote:
sly279 wrote:
I suppose you equally support men refusing to date fat women and fat shaming them? After all those men are just seeking the way they want to live their lives and what they want. But most women say different that’s it’s wrong welp I say it’s equally wrong to refuse low paid men and shame them too then.

Not dating fat women is not the same as fat-shaming them. Yes, I do think that if a man is not attracted to fat women he shouldn't date them and not dating them doesn't make him a bad person. Saying "I'm not attracted to fat women, therefore I don't date them" is not the same as saying "Fat women are worthless, lazy subhumans and they shouldn't leave their house because I don't want to see them". That I think the first opinion is ok to have doesn't mean I agree with the second.
It's the same with men who have financial problems, live with their mother and don't have a car. Saying she won't date them (e.g. because she has an active lifestyle and wants someone who can keep up with that) is not the same as calling them subhuman, worthless losers etc.

Sure there are women who shame poor men who still live with their mothers, but not all women who wouldn't date them do so, just like not all men who wouldn't date fat women do fat-shaming.

It's the same with things that pertain to me too. It's perfectly all right if someone tells me he is attracted to girls with smooth skin and not to pimply faces. Pretty much every man is going to agree with him too. It's simply in our biology to think that smooth skin is attractive and pimply skin isn't. That my skin is not smooth doesn't add any moral component that that simple fact. Now, if someone told me "Ugh, your face is so ugly you should be wearing a burka" I'm going to think that this person is rude anyway.

Describing what a real man is is shaming all men who don’t meet those requirements. Telling men they aren’t real men is shaming. Calling such men losers , man child, etc is shaming. I see lots of it everywhere from women and some men too.

Um yes, I never said it wasn't shaming (actually I said it was) but not everyone who wouldn't date such men (or the majority of such men) ever used the word 'real man' or 'man child' or whatever.

Maybe not in Europe. But I also doubt you read many women’s profiles, ads, and Facebook pages. Read lots of women’s profiles, ads, and facebooks page. It’s sadly quite common here in ththe USA. If you’re not middle class then your not a real man. The USA is to superficial, too desensitized, and too dehumanized. It’s a real sh**hole. Be happy you live in Europe.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 4:32 am

sly279 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Marknis wrote:

Sorry last I checked there’s not law about complain, your logic could be applied to a lot of different situations that society would deem wrong to apply it to. It’s only men of lo status that no one gives a poop about. I’ve never seen any women told if no guy dates them accept being along forever, they get told they’re worth it and deserve love. Rally a two faced world.

Fine, waste all your time sooking on the internet then. There's no point in complaining if you're not willing to change anything. It's up to you to present reasons why women should want to date you just as it's up to women to present reasons why men should want to date them. If you cant and you're not even going to try then you go without love.

I'm not exercising any double standard here, if I saw an unappealing woman constantly complaining about being single and doing nothing to make herself more appealing to men I'd be giving her a similar message. Don't try to play the double standard victim card mate. It's unbecoming.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 5:27 am

sly279 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Marknis wrote:

Fine, waste all your time sooking on the internet then. There's no point in complaining if you're not willing to change anything. It's up to you to present reasons why women should want to date you just as it's up to women to present reasons why men should want to date them. If you cant and you're not even going to try then you go without love.

I'm not exercising any double standard here, if I saw an unappealing woman constantly complaining about being single and doing nothing to make herself more appealing to men I'd be giving her a similar message. Don't try to play the double standard victim card mate. It's unbecoming.

Venting is helpful and better then just holding it all in until you crack.
Most women don’t hav to present anything besides being woman. Most men wouldn’t care if a woman’s unemployed or has any Talents or skills.this has lead to them being over valued and a swelling of their eqos to the point they don’t think guys in the same framing situation are good enough for them.

I’ve tried it doesn’t matte. No matter how many times you jump off w cliff you won’t fly, humans can’t fly, we aren’t birds, so doesn’t matter if you believe you can each time you jump you will fall. I’m not able to be a middle class guy. It’s that simple. So trying to do something I can’t will just 1.waste my time, 2.waste what little money I have3. Make me even more depressed as I continue to do 1-2 and fail repeatedly contInued t be reminded I’m defective and a fail. I’ve don that for 15 years. Continuing to do the same thing over and over is insanity. So continug Trying to be a middle class guy is insanity for aspies like me. We can’t do it we can’t mentally handle it if we could wed be nt not Aspies, we aren’t nt we are aspie,s we are born different and defective we lack in areas nts dont, and Even a lot of nts fsil to become middle class men. A situation like it or not made worse by 100+ million women in th USA going into the work force, there is not enough middle class paid jobs for every god dam man and woman in this country. So it’s highly competitive and women ar far far better at aquirImg the education and skills to get those jobs. Meaning less and less men can have well paying jobs. Now women can accept reality or they can be crazy and imagine somehow despite th lack of jobs there’s enough well paid jobs for all 120ish million women in the. us. There’s not even enough crap part time min wage jobs for everyone. Millions and millions of men are permanently unemployed. So seems to me s man with any freaking job would be better then no man or men who are unemployed and lazy. But what do i know. And most wont accept it til their 60 and sorry I have no interest in that.

There’s a few on this site and I’ve never seen you or any besides boo give them such advice. They get coddled and told their special and will find some one.

Maybe you should head the old advice of if you don’t got nothing nice to say then don’t say anything. I’d much rather be lied to and told I’ll find someone then told its hopeless unless I do the impossible and magically become a well off middle class man.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 5:46 am

sly279 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Marknis wrote:

Most women don’t hav to present anything besides being woman. Most men wouldn’t care if a woman’s unemployed or has any Talents or skills.this has lead to them being over valued and a swelling of their eqos to the point they don’t think guys in the same framing situation are good enough for them.

I’ve tried it doesn’t matte. No matter how many times you jump off w cliff you won’t fly, humans can’t fly, we aren’t birds, so doesn’t matter if you believe you can each time you jump you will fall. I’m not able to be a middle class guy. It’s that simple. So trying to do something I can’t will just 1.waste my time, 2.waste what little money I have3. Make me even more depressed as I continue to do 1-2 and fail repeatedly contInued t be reminded I’m defective and a fail. I’ve don that for 15 years. Continuing to do the same thing over and over is insanity. So continug Trying to be a middle class guy is insanity for aspies like me. We can’t do it we can’t mentally handle it if we could wed be nt not Aspies, we aren’t nt we are aspie,s we are born different and defective we lack in areas nts dont, and Even a lot of nts fsil to become middle class men. A situation like it or not made worse by 100+ million women in th USA going into the work force, there is not enough middle class paid jobs for every god dam man and woman in this country. So it’s highly competitive and women ar far far better at aquirImg the education and skills to get those jobs. Meaning less and less men can have well paying jobs. Now women can accept reality or they can be crazy and imagine somehow despite th lack of jobs there’s enough well paid jobs for all 120ish million women in the. us. There’s not even enough crap part time min wage jobs for everyone. Millions and millions of men are permanently unemployed. So seems to me s man with any freaking job would be better then no man or men who are unemployed and lazy. But what do i know. And most wont accept it til their 60 and sorry I have no interest in that.

There’s a few on this site and I’ve never seen you or any besides boo give them such advice. They get coddled and told their special and will find some one.

Maybe you should head the old advice of if you don’t got nothing nice to say then don’t say anything. I’d much rather be lied to and told I’ll find someone then told its hopeless unless I do the impossible and magically become a well off middle class man.

Being 'middle class' isn't the only way to present value. You can be physically attractive, charismatic, funny etc but if you have nothing that is going to make women want to be with and around YOU more than other guys who show them interest then they're just going to get with those other guys. It's just logical, and it's the same the other way around. Everybody wants to be with the best partner they can get so you have to be able to present yourself in such a way that people want you and if you can't and you're just going to make every excuse under the sun why you can't, people are not going to feel compelled to be around you.

I'm not always on this site enough to catch every thread where people complain about not getting a partner.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 5:52 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Marknis wrote:
I've read that the more impressive climber is the blind one who slowly but surely makes it to the top of the mountain than the one who can see and makes it there quickly. This was in a book called The Love-Shy Survival Guide by Talmer Shockley, someone with both love-shyness and Aspergers. His book tried to convey that it's still possible to learn the social skills to establish relationships even if you missed out on them in your developmental years.

Unfortunately, I always feel like I am climbing but I am never actually getting anywhere. It's like I keep slipping and falling no matter how hard I try. With each fall, I get more and more damaged to the point I wonder why I am even still alive. Even Talmer himself said he felt like his chances decreased the older he got and he eventually disappeared without a trace. I am afraid my fate will be the same.

The way I've come to understand it, gaining relationships with other people comes down to "salesmanship."

You need to be able to "advertise" your good qualities via your personality and through social interaction. And you need to be able to either minimize your bad qualities, or even try to paint them in a positive way.

I've seen plenty of poor blokes with chicks, but that's because they have "game."

They don’t last. I eventually the woman leaves them for s better guy. So year poor men with high arrogance and salemenshipmcan get sex big woop

Not in my experience.

The reason# 1 of divorce in most divorce statistics, is financial problems and most divorces are initiated by women (Conclusion: In practice, the "Financial problems" here usually mean that the man is not making enough or lost job).

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 10:24 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Marknis wrote:
I've read that the more impressive climber is the blind one who slowly but surely makes it to the top of the mountain than the one who can see and makes it there quickly. This was in a book called The Love-Shy Survival Guide by Talmer Shockley, someone with both love-shyness and Aspergers. His book tried to convey that it's still possible to learn the social skills to establish relationships even if you missed out on them in your developmental years.

Unfortunately, I always feel like I am climbing but I am never actually getting anywhere. It's like I keep slipping and falling no matter how hard I try. With each fall, I get more and more damaged to the point I wonder why I am even still alive. Even Talmer himself said he felt like his chances decreased the older he got and he eventually disappeared without a trace. I am afraid my fate will be the same.

The way I've come to understand it, gaining relationships with other people comes down to "salesmanship."

You need to be able to "advertise" your good qualities via your personality and through social interaction. And you need to be able to either minimize your bad qualities, or even try to paint them in a positive way.

I've seen plenty of poor blokes with chicks, but that's because they have "game."

They don’t last. I eventually the woman leaves them for s better guy. So year poor men with high arrogance and salemenshipmcan get sex big woop

Not in my experience.

The reason# 1 of divorce in most divorce statistics, is financial problems and most divorces are initiated by women (Conclusion: In practice, the "Financial problems" here usually mean that the man is not making enough or lost job).

The #1 cause of divorce is people don’t honor their wedding vows.

My theory on the money issue is that couples become accustomed to a certain lifestyle and standard of living. They are putting undue stress on themselves to hang on to everything they went into debt to have. When it becomes impossible to pay the bills, they should sell the house and one of the cars. Cut the cable, purchase the smartphone and get out of the contract, and use an inexpensive data plan to stay on the internet for emails, social media, etc. Buy staples in bulk so you won’t impulse-buy at the grocery and waste even more money. But frozen veggies instead of fresh, etc. Rice and beans, baby.

People forget. If you want to be rich, do what rich people do. Eliminate and avoid debt, don’t live beyond your means, look for good deals, increase income when you can, keep an emergency fund, invest, and be generous to others. If you want to be poor, do what poor people do. Buy things you can’t afford by putting it all on credit, work to maintain a lifestyle beyond your means, don’t build any margin into your life (live paycheck to paycheck), lose money on high risk short term investments, throw money away on freeloaders when you aren’t being stingy, eat every meal at fast food restaurants. They buy the big house with out thinking about cost of ownership. A lot of things can go wrong, so you have to be honest about how you hold up to risk. You’re better off in a 3-bedroom trailer on a country acre that you pay for in cash than the 5-bedroom 2-story on 1/4 acre lot with a 30-year ARM.

This is how it’s done. Simple as that. Live like that with a spouse who is on the same page with you and you won’t worry about finances stressing the marriage. When you both lose jobs, you both take a deep breath and admit you have too much house right now and you unload the albatrosses. Better to live dirt poor and secure than pretending to be rich while spending money that doesn’t belong to you. That’s a marriage that WILL last.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 10:37 am

I lose my therapy tomorrow. That's yet another fall for me.

My brain feels fixed and unable to undergo neuroplasicity. I feel this explains why I can't ever excel at anything and why my attempts to improve my social situation never succeed. :(

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 11:13 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Marknis wrote:

Not in my experience.

Not really talking specifically about "marriage" here.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 2:23 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Marknis wrote:

Not in my experience.

Not really talking specifically about "marriage" here.

I used to get asked if I wanted children and it always gutted me. How can I have any hopes for children if I can't even get a damn date, let alone a wife? :(

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 2:45 pm

sly279 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Marknis wrote:

Being 'middle class' isn't the only way to present value. You can be physically attractive, charismatic, funny etc but if you have nothing that is going to make women want to be with and around YOU more than other guys who show them interest then they're just going to get with those other guys. It's just logical, and it's the same the other way around. Everybody wants to be with the best partner they can get so you have to be able to present yourself in such a way that people want you and if you can't and you're just going to make every excuse under the sun why you can't, people are not going to feel compelled to be around you.

I'm not always on this site enough to catch every thread where people complain about not getting a partner.

Sorry but I have a lot of thst minus the good looks. Women reject me before they even talk to me or right after first message because I don’t have a good job.
Most women require a man have a good job, car, and home, ie have their life together, until you have thst no personality traits matter.

So you have to be middle class guy to be dateable.

I make people laugh, I make people happy. When women talk to me I usually make them giggle and smile. But they don’t allow thst to happen cause they like sorry you’re a loser I only date real men with well paid jobs and a car.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 2:52 pm

I know it's prolly been mentioned before some time, but what about seeking women from other cultures that are not so westernized?

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 2:42 am

sly279 wrote:
It’s sadly quite common here in ththe USA. If you’re not middle class then your not a real man. The USA is to superficial, too desensitized, and too dehumanized. It’s a real sh**hole. Be happy you live in Europe.

No, it's the same everywhere. Only the definition of this real man can be a bit different.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 7:35 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I know it's prolly been mentioned before some time, but what about seeking women from other cultures that are not so westernized?

It's not very likely in my area. Most people from places like the Middle East and Asia tend to date/marry within their own groups.