Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Feb 2018, 4:51 am

Does anyone know anything about this?

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 9:34 am

I think it’s crap. New Age trash at best.

If we suppose Remote Viewing/Remote Influencing is real, it puts you square in the realm of spiritual matters and the supernatural. You’re trying to be equal or better than God, essentially, and humans tend to not do well contending with deities.

Greek mythology has a few tales of humans in contests with gods. However, it’s not blasphemy to say a god is defeated by a man. The only way a man can do this is by rising above himself, to answer challenges previous men failed. These are exceptional as the gods are selective in who the bestow their gifts upon. Besides, mythology is more cautionary as humans were mere playthings at the mercy of the gods’ whims, and they themselves were often in conflict. They certainly won’t help you mindmeld with someone to, say, make them fall in love with you.

No...RV/RI is the stuff of crystals and whalesong. Don’t waste your time on it.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 3:21 pm

I think that depends on if you consider shamanism a science. :jester:

Despite believing in ESP, who am I to say if it's that strong?

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 11:41 pm

cberg wrote:

I do believe that God/Jesus, ghosts, and angels are real. To what extent the spiritual is actually observable in scientific terms, or in a context scientists will accept, is debatable. I believe people experience the supernatural and the supernatural world as we understand it is the best possible explanation for what they experience. Some people will dismiss that as mass delusion or hysteria, but, given how many people believe, it’s more parsimonious I think that believers really do experience those things. Beyond that though, you’re riding the edge of pseudoscience.

And that’s where crystals and whalesong come into play. New Age thought is always trying to sell itself with one “study” or another that proves some product is effective. You need THIS crystal or THAT dream catcher or this homeopathic remedy or that herbal supplement all to realign your chakras. Oh, and don’t forget the Law of Attraction or its Christian analog Health and Wealth theology aka blab-it-and-grab-it. And this book or that Bible study and watch some more Oprah or Dr. Oz. And it’s all backed up by SCIENCE!

So, ok, MAYBE ESP is a thing. Is there conclusive science on it? No. The “science” on RV/RI is hokey.

New Age is contemplative and aesthetically rich. The literature is esoteric and uplifting. I’m a musician and I love New Age, space music, ambient, and world music. Yes, seek balance, peace, and beauty in your life. That’s GREAT. But be careful about buying into a lot of the thought and ideology behind it. People who teach those kinds of things along with Law of Attraction, RV/RI, and so forth are just trying to rip you off. Save your money and make your time more worthwhile.

Learn from relationship mistakes and own rejection as you move forward. Positive thinking will make you a more attractive person, but it won’t pull people back into a failed relationship. Learn to let go. Be ready for the next experience and enjoy it.

katy_rome
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Feb 2018, 1:13 am

cberg wrote:

Do you mean that you've had experience of it? Would be interested to know...

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 7:51 pm

Not that it's exactly relevant here but I've had remote viewing experiences with hallucinogens (salvia divinorum) but nothing I could really direct, much less percieve or influence others through, unless the fact that I'm an electronics geek who has some female friends counts.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen: