Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

roadGames
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Oct 2009, 9:26 pm

I just got a date with this cute girl that I've been crushing on since like high school, but have been too much of a wimp to ask out up until yesterday when I just randomly ran into her at a party and really hit it off. She seems pretty into me, too, because I didn't even ask her for her number, she just gave it to me as soon as I said I had to take off from the party. On top of that, after she gave me her number, I told her we should go hike this cool trail in my area or go for coffee sometime, and she insisted that we do both instead of one or the other.

While I used to have a huge crush on her, the sands of time sort of eroded it away, and even though she is really cute, I don't think she's relationship material at all, as she never got a college education, has no job, and lives with her parents. I don't really want to support anybody besides myself, neither do I have the funds for it. On top of this, her 18 year old brother got in a fatal car crash two years ago and she hasn't really recovered from this (understandably, honestly, he was a great person with lots of potential). So while the 15 year old in me is psyched, the realist in me tells me to proceed with caution big time because it looks like she's looking for an out on her current situation.

Greatsharkbite
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 9:37 pm

Congratulations, you should probably just go with how you feel. Its a little pessimistic to view her that way without knowing her tho, it honestly sounds like you'd be a lot happier giving her a chance to at least see how things turn out.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 9:41 pm

woo sounds good. Hope it works out.

Winternight
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Oct 2009, 9:50 pm

Greatsharkbite wrote:
Congratulations, you should probably just go with how you feel. Its a little pessimistic to view her that way without knowing her tho, it honestly sounds like you'd be a lot happier giving her a chance to at least see how things turn out.

Tias would love this thread.

CanadianRose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 10:19 pm

Go ahead. Give her a call. Go for a hike and some coffee.

It is a date. Not an arranged marriage. Not a proposal. Not even a weekend propostion :wink: :wink:

IT'S A DATE :D

If you have fun on your date, you can either arrange another date with romantic intentions or arrange another fun outing and make it clear that you are interested in friendship only. Even if you have some romantic intentions, you can keep things casual. You are not asking her to move in with you. You are not purchasing a car, house, property, or other investment with her. You are not going to lend her money or bail her out of jail. You can continue to be your perfectly acceptable independent self with your education and career all on track and see a cute girl socially.

:D IT'S A DATE. :D

Have fun!!

roadGames
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Oct 2009, 10:45 pm

yeah, i might as well. it's not an everyday thing that my friends get jealous of me over the girls i take on dates. i know i'm fun to be around to some girls, but girls that look like they should be models do not date nerdy looking auditors. this is so ridiculous.

racooneyes
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Oct 2009, 11:32 pm

roadGames wrote:
but girls that look like they should be models do not date nerdy looking auditors. this is so ridiculous.

aint life strange? :)

Nice move with getting her phone number, did you know that was an actual move? if not remember it for next time. Most people actually have to ask for the number so you had an effect on her :wink:

keep an open mind and have fun 8)

get all confused and then mix up the dates.

roadGames
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Oct 2009, 1:16 am

racooneyes wrote:
roadGames wrote:
but girls that look like they should be models do not date nerdy looking auditors. this is so ridiculous.

aint life strange? :)

Nice move with getting her phone number, did you know that was an actual move? if not remember it for next time. Most people actually have to ask for the number so you had an effect on her :wink:

keep an open mind and have fun 8)

No, I wasn't aware that was a move at all, haha. I really had to get going because my ride was about to take off.

And yeah, life is bizarre as hell. I remember somebody on here talking about how it gets easier to get women after you're out of the college scene and have a steady job, and bam, look what happens once I graduate and get a decent job. I have a feeling this is going to go really well, the chemistry we had 6 years ago in high school was great (one of my friends back then told me she thought I was kinda attractive, yet I didn't bust a move at all 'cause I didn't know what to say). What we had going on at that party was good, too. Lots of direct eye contact for longer periods of time and the same old teasing stuff that used to go on between her and I in high school.

I just got a text from her like an hour ago saying "hey you." This is like revenge of the nerds s**t to me, lol.

roadGames
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Oct 2009, 12:17 pm

Wow, so it's just like before basically. We got coffee this morning and talked for like 3 hours. We've still got a lot in common, and while she isn't traditionally "educated", she's definitely a smart girl. When I went in for a kiss in the car, she was all about it. We're going to go see this band we both like play this evening instead of hiking because it's raining. Things are looking good.

CrinklyCrustacean
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 2:34 pm

(:

MiniMozartAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Oct 2009, 6:18 pm

Hey Tias, aren't you gonna come shoot down this poor kid too? :evil:

Bia
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Oct 2009, 7:45 pm

Congrats!! Don't worry about if u gonna support her orn not. U got a date with a girl you like., Just use it as practice for someone better you know.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 9:19 pm

Good job bro. I'm still waiting for my day to come.

Don't overanalyze things. It overstimulates you and clouds your thinking. Leave some space in your mind for external stimulation.

Yeeeahh that sounded kinda mechanical, but I tend to explain things like this more literally cuz I've been bullshitted with corny quotes way too many times. I could just say "Don't think too much", but the reasons people think too much is not cut and dried. What I'm saying has more to do with perspective than thought.

When people told me not to think too much, I took that as blocking and suppressing my thoughts. Had someone told me to occupy myself with what's going on around me and explained the stimulation s**t to me, I would've got it. So yeah, I hope my little psychobabble helps lol.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 10:08 pm

Best of wishes to both you guys! I'm trying to get back in the dating game myself.

Merle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 10:59 pm

Ditto as to what CandianRose said, "IT'S A DATE"

Unless you're some master pick up artist seducing women in a couple of hours, a crazy guy with access to some bad drugs, or too shy...

Just go out and have fun. The best things to do are the fun things you'll honestly enjoy which she (potentially) shares an interest in.

The hiking and coffee are two excellent indicators and ideas!

Grab a camera when you go! Get some pictures of each other and try for some pictures of both of you at the same time. If things work out, it's a wonderful way to remember a first date.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 11:14 pm

Merle wrote:
Ditto as to what CandianRose said, "IT'S A DATE"

Unless you're some master pick up artist seducing women in a couple of hours, a crazy guy with access to some bad drugs, or too shy...

Just go out and have fun. The best things to do are the fun things you'll honestly enjoy which she (potentially) shares an interest in.

The hiking and coffee are two excellent indicators and ideas!

Grab a camera when you go! Get some pictures of each other and try for some pictures of both of you at the same time. If things work out, it's a wonderful way to remember a first date.
They go hand-in-hand hahaha. But yeah, the camera and hiking are good ideas.