Page 1 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 7:50 am

Asp-Z wrote:
Lonermutant wrote:
I think that we have to accept that a lot of Aspie men just want casual sex, not a real relationship, while most Aspie women want marriage, kids and to be as normal as possible.

I think a lot of men in general are like that, but then there are also a lot who aren't. People also go through phases of wanting different things.

Though I wouldn't generalise that Aspie woman all want to be as normal as possible at all.

I think that the sex-obsessed men here scare some of the women away.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 10:07 am

nick007 wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
Bugzee wrote:
The problem with Aspie Affection is that the ratio between men and women would be 10 men to 1 woman.

+1

The site is utterly useless with so many more male members. Though, it's the only dating site I've seen which lets 16 year olds join, the rest require you to be 18, which is annoying because I'm 16 very soon and I was thinking of joining up to one of these things.

Aspie Affection could work great for women seeking men thou cuz of that ratio but the search feature would have to be fixed 1st. I use a few other dating sites with that same format software & lots of em let 16year-olds join as well.

I just remembered another site I use called AutismDating.net. The site is really confusing thou & I only have like 11 matches on it all over the world.
I also forgot about a new site created by a member here called AutisticDating.net. It's the same formate type software as Aspie Affection. I sent out a few messages there but haven't gotten replies but it's like that on every dating site I use. No members in my state either thou but I'm hoping it grows more

Also, in general only 1 of 4 Aspies are women.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 Jun 2010, 10:15 am

sunshower wrote:
nick007 wrote:
BTW only1% of Aspies get married. It's probably related to all the social issues that we face

That's really depressing. Where did you get that statistic from?

That's the figure I've seen on lots of sites. Psychs seem to agree with it. I'd believe from the stuff I've read here about how lots of us are having major problems finding a relationship

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 10:17 am

nick007 wrote:
sunshower wrote:
nick007 wrote:
BTW only1% of Aspies get married. It's probably related to all the social issues that we face

That's the figure I've seen on lots of sites. Psychs seem to agree with it. I'd believe from the stuff I've read here about how lots of us are having major problems finding a relationship

No marriage does not no relationship equal.

There's quite a few members on here with girlfriends, and I've had multiple GFs in the past.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 10:21 am

Asp-Z wrote:
nick007 wrote:
sunshower wrote:
nick007 wrote:

There's quite a few members on here with girlfriends, and I've had multiple GFs in the past.

Could you rephrase the 1st part :?: I know some members here want more than a girl-friend & some of em have been trying for quite a while. I've been trying for the last 6 years & I've been unable to even get a date. I'm NOT saying it's impossible for Aspies to have suspenseful relationships but few of em actually get married. Maybe it's cuz wer more introverted, maybe it's cuz we have more social problems, maybe it's cuz wer weirder, maybe it's cuz we think differently then NTs & it causes problems. there's lots of rezones

Last edited by nick007 on 30 Jun 2010, 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 10:25 am

nick007 wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
nick007 wrote:
sunshower wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Could you rephrase the 1st part :!: I know some members here want more than a girl-friend & some of em have been trying for quite a while. I've been trying for the last 6 years & I've been unable to even get a date I'm NOT saying it's impossible for Aspies to have suspenseful relationships but few of em actually get married. Maybe it's cuz wer more introverted, maybe it's cuz we have more social problems, maybe it's cuz wer weirder, maybe it's cuz we think differently then NTs & it causes problems. there's lots of rezones

Sorry, I was doing a Yoda :P

I was saying that, just because there may be a low marriage rate among Aspies (and we don't even know the source and sample of that statistic you posted), it dosen't mean that very few Aspies have relationships.

Marriage means nothing, it's an NT conformity thing. "Ohh, let's have a massive expensive party to show off that we have a relationship." It does not mean Aspies can't sustain relationships either. At just 14 I had a relationship lasting half a year.

Last edited by Asp-Z on 30 Jun 2010, 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 10:29 am

Asp-Z wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
nick007 wrote:
sunshower wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Could you rephrase the 1st part :!: I know some members here want more than a girl-friend & some of em have been trying for quite a while. I've been trying for the last 6 years & I've been unable to even get a date

Sorry, I was doing a Yoda :P

I was saying that, just because there may be a low marriage rate among Aspies (and we don't even know the source and sample of that statistic you posted), it dosen't mean that very few Aspies have relationships.

I know what you mean now. It's much easier to have relationship than to get married thou. Some of us may only be looking for girl-friends or boy-friends & don't want things much more serious than that but others like me want to be married & we seem to be having major problems finding someone

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 10:30 am

nick007 wrote:
I know what you mean now. It's much easier to have relationship than to get married thou. Some of us may only be looking for girl-friends or boy-friends & don't want things much more serious than that but others like me want to be married & we seem to be having major problems finding someone

I don't know where you got the assumption that no marriage = no serious relationship. As I added to my last post (I probably edited it before you read it), marriage is a poor indicator at how good we are at sustaining serious relationships.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 10:35 am

Asp-Z wrote:
nick007 wrote:

I don't know where you got the assumption that no marriage = no serious relationship. As I added to my last post (I probably edited it before you read it), marriage is a poor indicator at how good we are at sustaining serious relationships.

Marriage usually involves a serious relationship. I'm NOT saying that us Aspies can not have serious relationships or even get married in rarer cases but I am saying that we are probably going to have lots more problems than typical NTs considering that most of the people are NTs & we have issues relating, connecting & understanding each other

BTW I edited that post after I made it cuz I didn't like wording of stuff. You probably read it while I was editing. No big deal 8)

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 10:39 am

nick007 wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Marriage usually involves a serious relationship. I'm NOT saying that us Aspies can not have serious relationships or even get married in rarer cases but I am saying that we are probably going to have lots more problems than typical NTs considering that most of the people are NTs & we have issues relating, connecting & understanding each other

That's true, we have more problems with social stuff, but I still don't think the problem is as bad as the 1% statistic (which I still haven't seen the source of or information about) makes it sound.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 12:29 pm

Aspie affection?

Browsed it a bit.

There are scary stuff out there. Even to me , the face of boo.

BigK
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jun 2010, 2:12 pm

They need to moderate their photos! 8O

"How can it not know what it is?"

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 2:44 pm

Are you guys able to browse Aspie Affection :?: I get some weird code thing every time I try to search no matter what browser I'm using. I can do little more than log in & edit & view my profile

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 4:42 pm

nick007 wrote:
sunshower wrote:
nick007 wrote:

I'm not really sure about that, I did some research myself and couldn't locate it anywhere. It sounds more like a made up/estimated statistic to me (a.k.a. a psych would say, probably only 1% of aspies would end up getting married, sort of like the psych who diagnosed me and told my mum "she'll never be in a relationship"). I researched the PSYCINFO database at our uni (which is massive) and couldn't find any studies with those sorts of statistics. I think Asperger's is still too new a phenomenon for any longitudinal studies to have been done on it, and there is such limited research on adults with Asperger's as things stand; from what I can tell, around 95% of the research is focused on children. There is a good reason for this; the diagnostic criteria itself is based towards the presentation of AS symptoms in children (adults present differently) so adults don't even get diagnosed most of the time, and the diagnosis hasn't existed long enough for those initially diagnosed as children to grow up to be adults. The diagnosis wasn't widely used until 1995, I was diagnosed in 2000 at the age of 12 (at the end of childhood, really) and am currently aged 22, thus the oldest aspies who would have been diagnosed as children would still be under the age of 30 today.

As far as marriage rates, reproduction rates, even suicide rates, I haven't seen any reliable statistics anywhere.

Mark198423
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 9:07 pm

Bugzee wrote:
The problem with Aspie Affection is that the ratio between men and women would be 10 men to 1 woman.

I'm not trying to encourage only more men...

Mark198423
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 9:09 pm

Lonermutant wrote:
I think that we have to accept that a lot of Aspie men just want casual sex, not a real relationship, while most Aspie women want marriage, kids and to be as normal as possible.

I would want NOTHING more than a loving, long term relationship and many more want/need the same on here - reading post's will show that!