Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

wester13
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Mar 2014, 6:17 pm

I am speaking with a girl on facebook, a girl i have known since the time of high school.We study in different places now and so the facebook is the only way we can communicate.I have spoken to her numerous times,she has replied but the thing is she has sent me a message only once by her initiative.We joke a lot,and talk about different things on chat.Once she told me she had met someone ,and this someone had declared his love to her,but this guy seems to not exist,I mean he has not even given a like to her photos or to her statuses on facebook,which is strange,and this makes me think she was joking.Right after she told me for this person i asked her to give me her telephone number which she did.I can message her on facebook to get to know her more but the thing is i don't want to be the one who always speaks first.Do you do the same with the girls?What about neurotypicals?Do they always speak first to a girl they like on facebook?Thanks in advance

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2014, 6:42 pm

some girls think it's unfeminine to start a conversation with a guy.

wester13

13 Mar 2014, 7:02 pm

cathylynn wrote:
some girls think it's unfeminine to start a conversation with a guy.
so girls never try to start a conversation with aguy on facebook

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Mar 2014, 3:56 am

facebook is not real life so do not take it seriously ask for her number instead

wester13

14 Mar 2014, 5:41 am

accountinglad wrote:
facebook is not real life so do not take it seriously ask for her number instead
yes i requested her number and she gave it to me,but i think she must talk first also,just so i can feel that she likes me back

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2014, 6:55 am

wester13 wrote:
accountinglad wrote:
yes i requested her number and she gave it to me,but i think she must talk first also,just so i can feel that she likes me back

You think she MUST talk first? Then you wait until she does. Simple.

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2014, 8:07 am

wester13 wrote:
accountinglad wrote:

YOU asked HER for her number, she is not expecting to call you, since you made the first move she is expecting a call from you, if you have not made it clear you are a "sub" and she is to be the outgoing person you are likely to just give her yet another man on her list who disappointed her by just pretending.

wester13

14 Mar 2014, 9:36 am

GivePeaceAChance wrote:
wester13 wrote:
accountinglad wrote:

YOU asked HER for her number, she is not expecting to call you, since you made the first move she is expecting a call from you, if you have not made it clear you are a "sub" and she is to be the outgoing person you are likely to just give her yet another man on her list who disappointed her by just pretending.
i did call her but we just had a short conversation,now i want her to give me an indication that she is still interested in me,plus that by calling her always i will sound as desperate

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2014, 10:31 am

wester13 wrote:
GivePeaceAChance wrote:
wester13 wrote:
accountinglad wrote:

i did call her but we just had a short conversation,now i want her to give me an indication that she is still interested in me,plus that by calling her always i will sound as desperate

gee, now you are starting to understand a tiny bit of what it is like to be a womon in society - except no one will call you horrible names for pursuing someone.

MegaBass
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2014, 10:36 am

You got called horrible names?

wester13

14 Mar 2014, 10:52 am

GivePeaceAChance wrote:
wester13 wrote:
GivePeaceAChance wrote:
wester13 wrote:
accountinglad wrote:

gee, now you are starting to understand a tiny bit of what it is like to be a womon in society - except no one will call you horrible names for pursuing someone.
hmmm i dont what this got to do with it,but it has been me who has pursued her not the other way around,it has been me who has been anxious from what to expect after writing to her,she just had to keep talking.Now i just want a sing that she likes me back too,just a small one

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2014, 10:54 am

You asked for her number, you need to make the first move.

I understand what you mean, but your looking for it too early. If she gets to know you and likes you, she will start to message you first but not until she's got to know you abit. Asking for her number then not calling her just tells her your not interested.

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2014, 11:01 am

MegaBass wrote:

i.e. - whore, slut, "loose"

MegaBass
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2014, 11:03 am

GivePeaceAChance wrote:
MegaBass wrote:

i.e. - whore, slut, "loose"

:? They are jerks.

wester13

14 Mar 2014, 11:09 am

thewhitrbbit wrote:

I understand what you mean, but your looking for it too early. If she gets to know you and likes you, she will start to message you first but not until she's got to know you abit. Asking for her number then not calling her just tells her your not interested.
i did call her but she just said me hello,and then told me to start talking on facebook again.I dont want to sound desperate by being the first messaging her

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2014, 12:38 pm

wester13 wrote:
thewhitrbbit wrote:

i did call her but she just said me hello,and then told me to start talking on facebook again.I dont want to sound desperate by being the first messaging her

She told you what to do; now do it.

Some people find chatting online or text easier than the phone since they can do multiple things at once while chatting. I've had convos with friends in the lou, while cleaning the living room, all kinds of things. Can't really talk on the phone and vacuum my living room.