Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

JosephMurphy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Oct 2010, 1:44 pm

Hey,
Has anyone wrote an "Aspies guide to:" Black tie balls?

I am attending one on the 27th of November and i have no idea what to expect , how to react ro what to do.

I did however manage to get a date ;)

J

musicboxforever
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2010, 4:17 am

Well, to me, that sounds like you've got the worst part out of the way. I always have to go to these things by myself and end up feeling like I'm tagging along with my couple friends. At least you have someone to dance with, that is if you want to dance.

The folk I know aren't very classy, so the last black tie thing I went to was basically a dance with an excuse to get dressed up. The family who organised it hired a nice venue and had a buffet meal laid out.

Is it a dinner dance? Have you been given any information on the invitation?

JosephMurphy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Oct 2010, 11:31 am

All i have been tolsd is "Black Tie Ball"
(plus where, when and how much...)

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2010, 1:59 pm

I've been to a few of these. Black tie means a dinner jacket and a bow tie although sometimes you can get away with a dark suit and tie, depending on how strict they are.

Is it a meal too? All the ones I've been to have included dinner. The food is normally served first and you should keep your jacket on until the meal is over. Don't start eating until everyone at your table has their food, unless there is a delay and they urge you start before it gets cold. Normally there is a board before the seating area that has a seating a plan.

That's all I can think of at the moment, unless you have a specific question.