Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 3:54 pm

life sometimes is unfair
get over it

Greatsharkbite
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 4:51 pm

Honestly, I think women don't mind as much as guys "generally" do. Women generally don't care if a guy is bigger, or a little on the chubby side. Women care about whether the guy takes care of himself and more importantly whether or not the guy takes "care" of them. Also all women are different so what attracts them to you will differ, physically, mentally, spiritually, etc. I've seen some VERY, non attractive guys date attractive women before.

I agree though, while you can be preferential, being picky while not expecting a girl you like to be picky is asking for trouble. To me it comes off as a form of self-hate, if you can't relate to anyone in the same situation as you. Not saying "Ooh you're overweight, you have to hook up with that overweight girl, hook up with whoever you want to. Just give people the same chance you'd want given to you.

I'd tell anyone hating on you because you're overweight or big to take a hike, but still be concerned about trying to make healthy lifestyle decisions. Being healthy and fit, isn't "needed" to attract anyone, but just like for a woman, it doesn't hurt either.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2010, 10:12 am

menintights wrote:
pandabear wrote:
A lot of high school girls have the Victoria's Secret Miracle Bra, and other pushup bras, to create the illusion of being boobier.

Are you sure you're supposed to know this kind of information?

Ah, the great mysteries of women. The so-called "feminine mystique." No mystique at all, really.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2010, 10:38 am

I think the line between "big" and "fat" is quite subjective, unless of course you are obviously obese.

I think in general women prefer "big" men, you might not need to lose as much weight as you think you do.

Actually I think men who are unusually thin (like myself) have things just as bad as "fat" men.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

31 Dec 2010, 11:41 am

My boyfriend is 6'2, and weighs roughly 220 lbs. He carries it well.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2010, 6:45 pm

I like fat men. I can't say I'm a fan of morbidly obese though.

WintersTale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Dec 2010, 7:48 pm

Mojave wrote:
WintersTale wrote:
To get back on topic:

I know several fat men who are in relationships with skinny girls. There is no such thing as a league. If a girl likes you for who you are, all those external factors won't matter.

Yes but most attractive women date men who are of a similar, or in some cases a higher level of attractiveness, and fat men aren't part of that equation.

I beg to differ.

I know a guy who isn't all that attractive, and is overweight and short. He has a hot girlfriend.

Then again, he's a very cool dude who's an airplane pilot. And he's never let his 'geekiness' stand in his way.

Mojave
Raven
Raven

31 Dec 2010, 7:57 pm

WintersTale wrote:
Mojave wrote:
WintersTale wrote:
To get back on topic:

I know several fat men who are in relationships with skinny girls. There is no such thing as a league. If a girl likes you for who you are, all those external factors won't matter.

Yes but most attractive women date men who are of a similar, or in some cases a higher level of attractiveness, and fat men aren't part of that equation.

I beg to differ.

I know a guy who isn't all that attractive, and is overweight and short. He has a hot girlfriend.

Then again, he's a very cool dude who's an airplane pilot. And he's never let his 'geekiness' stand in his way.

That's because he has money.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2010, 8:59 pm

Mojave wrote:
WintersTale wrote:
Mojave wrote:
WintersTale wrote:
To get back on topic:

I beg to differ.

oh, ok. now i think i understand... if a man is overweight and short and geeky, he must be rich because that's what hot women care about.

/sarcasm

Mojave
Raven
Raven

31 Dec 2010, 10:05 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Mojave wrote:
WintersTale wrote:
Mojave wrote:
WintersTale wrote:
To get back on topic:

I beg to differ.

oh, ok. now i think i understand... if a man is overweight and short and geeky, he must be rich because that's what hot women care about.

/sarcasm

Money gets you a long way. Your beer guy, bald spots, and Star Trek memorabilia collection don't.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2010, 10:11 pm

Wow, the cynicism in this thread is just depressing. My bf is chubby and collecting disability checks and I love him because he is good to me. He's a sweet person and we click very well. I'm not a "hot" girl but I would rather have a man who cares for me than a sugar daddy that buys me things just so I'll sleep with him. :/

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2010, 10:11 pm

what if the fat balding star trek nerd had a great personality and met someone who appreciated that?

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2010, 10:12 pm

I love mass generalisations,

It's a sure sign of a serious character defect when you can claim to speak for all 6.8 billion of us on this planet

Mojave
Raven
Raven

31 Dec 2010, 10:13 pm

Erisad wrote:
Wow, the cynicism in this thread is just depressing. My bf is chubby and collecting disability checks and I love him because he is good to me. He's a sweet person and we click very well. I'm not a "hot" girl but I would rather have a man who cares for me than a sugar daddy that buys me things just so I'll sleep with him. :/

Well that's fine if you want to date a person who is just as unhealthy as you are and unwilling to take care of themselves, thus eventually dying of coronary disease or something else. i'd rather date a healthy woman who i don't have to worry about croaking of a heart attack at 30. Happy 2011!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2010, 10:14 pm

Laz wrote:

It's a sure sign of a serious character defect when you can claim to speak for all 6.8 billion of us on this planet

I like that quote. I think i'll put it on a t-shirt :D

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2010, 10:19 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Laz wrote:

I like that quote. I think i'll put it on a t-shirt :D

I approve of this action

Just remember to add Laz™ at the bottom 8)