Page 3 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 10:35 am

The-Raven wrote:
Erisad wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
I dont think its that people mind happiness but that your and Ems thread involved a lot of irritating *squee* and *giggles* and that sort of banter.

Sooo, sometimes love comes with that. Doesn't mean it was right for them to rain on our parade where they have plenty of threads to be miserable in. :/

I dont know about it being right to 'rain on your parade' but it should be a right to shoot people who say *squee* lol

I forget that freedom of speech doesn't exist on the internet. :roll:

The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 10:38 am

Erisad wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
Erisad wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
I dont think its that people mind happiness but that your and Ems thread involved a lot of irritating *squee* and *giggles* and that sort of banter.

Sooo, sometimes love comes with that. Doesn't mean it was right for them to rain on our parade where they have plenty of threads to be miserable in. :/

I dont know about it being right to 'rain on your parade' but it should be a right to shoot people who say *squee* lol

no one did shoot you, you know lol
Ive as much right to say it should be a right to shoot people who say squee as you have to say it lol.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 12:21 pm

The-Raven wrote:
Erisad wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
Erisad wrote:
The-Raven wrote:

no one did shoot you, you know lol
Ive as much right to say it should be a right to shoot people who say squee as you have to say it lol.

Not physically but the thread itself got shot down, showing that our happiness is not welcome.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 12:44 pm

I am happy and you miserable gits shall get your faces rubbed in it until you get carpet burn, yeeeeaaaah. 8)
Let's all squee about our other halfs.

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 1:53 pm

The-Raven wrote:
AScomposer13413 wrote:
Erisad wrote:
AScomposer13413 wrote:
Say, how come this thread isn't stickied?? I would have thought it was a good idea to hear of positive relationship stories here on WP :S

Because too many miserable people would get offended by its presence. :roll:

But I would think a forum as big as this needs a mix of both :? Sure, there might be moments when one may outweigh the other, but not by this big a margin :?

well if you want a mixture of both you would need to sticky an unhappy relationship thread and a no relationship thread too.

If that's what it takes logically, then there shouldn't be a problem, though I'm not sure what the no relationship thread would entail...

JazzyM
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Mar 2012, 7:11 pm

abaisse wrote:
I married a fellow WP member over the summer. We just celebrated six months of marriage recently. I packed up and move countries for him. It hasn't been without difficulty because of adjusting to a new country, but it's definitely been worth it every step of the way. It's so nice being with someone who understands and accepts my challenges. Our strengths and weaknesses often compliment each other. We always joke that together we actually make one functional human being. :lol:

I'm not big into crowds or super social events. It's nice doing quieter things like playing board games at home, taking walks through historical places, and visiting museums. We have common interests and common goals. Yet, we also have our own interests to love and give each other space. It's a nice balance.

That is so fantastic! I moved states for my man - not like you - moving countries!! ! But still a huge change ( enough to make things a little hard for me since I hate change ). My man is wonderful too. He tries to understand me and is patient when I have my shut downs. It is still a relatively new relationship but he tries hard and I try hard at not being so set in my ways.

We both are not super social people which is wonderful. We enjoy the same hobbies and activities. Quiet things that do not involve crowds and situations that are wildly uncomfortable.
My man is in the Army and served in Iraq- but will be done in October. I am, however, constantly afraid they will deploy him again - so much so it makes me cry sometimes. It is a fear that starts inside and it tightens in my chest and hurts - physically. I do not really know how to deal with that fear - sometimes I just have to give myself time to relax, while my brain talks itself out of a breakdown.

I think part of the problem is people think we have no emotions. I think the problem is we have too much and do not know how to handle it.

It really takes a lot of patience and love to put up with me, and I have found it :)

queenserenity22
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Mar 2012, 11:24 pm

I am in a relationship with a amazing aspie guy ( i'm an aspie girl if you didn't know) and next month will be a year that we have been together and we are planning on getting married. I am planning a trip to go see him in august ( we are in a long distance relationship I live in chicago and he lives in sweden). When he is not here we webcam everyday and he even got me into online gaming so we spend time together that way too. I am very much in love with him an am glad to have him in my life. :heart: :heart: :heart:

George Carlin

Squirsh
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Mar 2012, 1:50 am

I've been in a long distance relationship for just over 2 years and we were friends for a few months before we agreed to be a couple. We're both looking for jobs now so hopefully it won't be too long before we finally get to meet. He's everything I hoped I'd find in a partner so it's worth putting up with the distance for a while in my opinion.

He's kind, supportive, loves animals, we share a lot of common interests, he's respectful towards my mother and is looking forward to meeting her too (which is REALLY important to me), we enjoy making eachother happy, and in the time we've known eachother, we haven't had any full-on arguments. We've talked through some pretty serious issues that a lot of people would end up fighting about, but each time we've managed to discuss things calmly which is great because I hate arguing with people.

Hopefully visiting eachother for a couple of weeks at a time will give us a bit of an idea about what it'll be like to live together. We've already discussed that it'd be a good idea to have separate bedrooms because he snores and I'm sensitive to nearby noises even with earplugs in. :lol:

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 2:28 am

I will join the happy relationship club. My boyfriend is a tall dark hansom gaming nerd who is also aspie. Our getting together is a bit messy because I was seeing someone else so we sat down like adults and discussed our feelings.

It is quite hard in some ways dating another aspie. One of the main things that caused a huge issue is that he wasn't making plans to see ne and stuff. It turns out he is emotionly submissive as well and i have had to pull on some pants. Now things are great.

I love him so much. The last nicest thing he has done for me was today when he set his alarm so he could message me and tell me he is safe and that he loves me. He has been driving from Perth to Adelaide the last few days and I have been worried.

So I'm never in a rush

lostmyself
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Mar 2012, 3:36 am

First congratulations on all the happy relationships.
My current relationship happened very unexpectedly. I was going through a difficult time and had no desire to couple-up so I wasn't ready to start dating again. A common friend suggested he ask me out because he thought we were like soulmates and so he asked me out. Me and my partner actually have a lot of common friends but were never introduced to each other before. We had a very rough beginning. I was a closed book and never showed any kind of emotions or interest in him until I realized I was being cold to him despite being interested in him. He was patient and gave me my space. 3 months later I met his family and he met mine and we got along with each other's family wonderfully. I see a lot of future with him and am happy he came by when all else was lost. I have developed some very strong feelings for him. We've been spending a lot of time together already and have decided to move in together this month.

nemorosa
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 6:17 am

Coming up on 20 years with my partner. I'll not lie and say things have always been perfect but we must be doing something right, I'm happy with her and she's patient with me despite my many faults. Whereas I've seen many couples grow apart over such time, I can honestly say I feel just as attracted and even more in love than I ever was.

Anyway, enough of all that [ General gushiness and public display of emotion now set to OFF ]

xkandakex

14 Mar 2012, 1:21 pm

Wow it's so great to hear about people in happy, healthy relationships! Reading some of these made my day!

I'm engaged to an amazing, loving, caring NT man. Every day, I feel so incredibly lucky to have met him, and he tells me he feels lucky to have met me as well. We both came from toxic relationships involved with people who were abusive and unstable, and when we reflect on what it was like, we're just amazed at how different a real relationship is.

As for being Aspie, he thinks the way my mind works is amazing and loves that I'm so knowledgeable about lots of things! We have excellent conversations because he's also very intelligent, and he's patient when he doesn't understand why I react a certain way to things (like freaking out about being in traffic!) or if I say something "awkward" in public. An example of why he's so great:

I surprised him with a nice dinner out last night for his birthday. The waitress came over and poured water in our glasses, and spilled a little on the table. She started apologizing profusely (over a little spilled water? lol) and I said, jokingly but LOUDLY, "That's it! No tip for you!" Of course in my mind I was like, 'OMG, I was too loud and blunt, I'm so embarrassed...'

But my fiancee starts LAUGHING extremely loudly as if I just told the best joke ever! After a moment (and the waitress left all confused) I apologized and asked if he laughed because I embarrassed him.

"No, of course you didn't! That was hilarious so I laughed! I love that you can make me laugh!"

See what I mean by lucky? <3

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 9:12 pm

Been in a two-year+ relationship.. If any of you were wondering where I've been....

We have much in common: hiking, cooking, video games, music, spirituality etc.. etc..
It's not that hard folks, if I can do it you most certainly can!

And did I mention he's cute!! !

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 9:27 pm

Averick wrote:
Been in a two-year+ relationship.. If any of you were wondering where I've been....

We have much in common: hiking, cooking, video games, music, spirituality etc.. etc..

Well I wondered what happened to you. Congrats with you're relationship! :) 2 years is pretty good and welcome back. Looks like you're doing better than some of us who have been here since 2008.

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 9:31 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Averick wrote:

Well I wondered what happened to you. Congrats with you're relationship! :) 2 years is pretty good and welcome back. Looks like you're doing better than some of us who have been here since 2008.

+1

And there is no escape... you can try to leave WP but it keeps sucking you back in :lol:

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 4:23 am

Hmm, this thread is a new method of making single people feel bad about themselves :o

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanRaccoon