Page 2 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 6:08 pm

abaisse wrote:
I married a fellow WP member over the summer. We just celebrated six months of marriage recently. I packed up and move countries for him. It hasn't been without difficulty because of adjusting to a new country, but it's definitely been worth it every step of the way. It's so nice being with someone who understands and accepts my challenges. Our strengths and weaknesses often compliment each other. We always joke that together we actually make one functional human being. :lol:

I'm not big into crowds or super social events. It's nice doing quieter things like playing board games at home, taking walks through historical places, and visiting museums. We have common interests and common goals. Yet, we also have our own interests to love and give each other space. It's a nice balance.

You didn't tell HOW you two met ;).

Trigas
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 8:06 pm

Awww some of these stories are so sweet. :heart:

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 11:06 pm

Now to figure out how to kiss better. Since I really liked the kiss, and it was warm and nice and stuff, but it still felt awkward because, ya know, it's the first kisses :)
I guess I'll just have to practice, we're going out for lunch and hanging out here tomorrow :)

abaisse
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2012, 10:20 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
abaisse wrote:
I married a fellow WP member over the summer. We just celebrated six months of marriage recently. I packed up and move countries for him. It hasn't been without difficulty because of adjusting to a new country, but it's definitely been worth it every step of the way. It's so nice being with someone who understands and accepts my challenges. Our strengths and weaknesses often compliment each other. We always joke that together we actually make one functional human being. :lol:

I'm not big into crowds or super social events. It's nice doing quieter things like playing board games at home, taking walks through historical places, and visiting museums. We have common interests and common goals. Yet, we also have our own interests to love and give each other space. It's a nice balance.

You didn't tell HOW you two met ;).

Hahaha! Well, there was once two Aspies that were fond of each other, but too darn awkward to do anything about it. Along came this charming Lebanese man who started a thread in which those said Aspies took a chance and tried flirting. It was magic. Thank you, Boo, our WP matchmaker!

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2012, 11:15 pm

You know, I'm in my happy gooey romantic stage...and I get a cold. Come on XD
At least he's very understanding, and we're planning on playing a multiplayer game online on Sunday (when the date is) if I don't miraculously get better :) He's so amazing :D

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 8:14 am

Say, how come this thread isn't stickied?? I would have thought it was a good idea to hear of positive relationship stories here on WP :S

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 9:34 am

AScomposer13413 wrote:
Say, how come this thread isn't stickied?? I would have thought it was a good idea to hear of positive relationship stories here on WP :S

Because too many miserable people would get offended by its presence. :roll:

The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 10:02 am

Erisad wrote:
AScomposer13413 wrote:

I think actually its more like there are too few in happy relationships to add to the thread a warrant a sticky.

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 10:03 am

Erisad wrote:
AScomposer13413 wrote:

But I would think a forum as big as this needs a mix of both :? Sure, there might be moments when one may outweigh the other, but not by this big a margin :?

The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 10:06 am

AScomposer13413 wrote:
Erisad wrote:
AScomposer13413 wrote:

But I would think a forum as big as this needs a mix of both :? Sure, there might be moments when one may outweigh the other, but not by this big a margin :?

well if you want a mixture of both you would need to sticky an unhappy relationship thread and a no relationship thread too.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 10:08 am

The-Raven wrote:
Erisad wrote:
AScomposer13413 wrote:

I think actually its more like there are too few in happy relationships to add to the thread a warrant a sticky.

That too. Or that the happy relationship people usually stay out of this forum to keep themselves from getting depressed.

AScomposer13413 wrote:
Erisad wrote:
AScomposer13413 wrote:

Trust me, emlion and I had a happy relationship thread last year and it didn't take long for it to get overwhelmed with negativity. People here do not like seeing happiness, plain and simple. :/

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 10:11 am

I'm in an awesome relationship at the moment. Met her online then talked for a few months before deciding we should become a couple and that we need to meet up. We met and had a happy but slightly awkward date, then from there we ended up meeting several times since. We're both quite awkward weird types so we're very compatible, and, well, since this isn't the adult forum I won't go into too much detail, but we're in a D/s dynamic too :P

The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 10:13 am

Erisad wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
Erisad wrote:
AScomposer13413 wrote:

That too. Or that the happy relationship people usually stay out of this forum to keep themselves from getting depressed.

AScomposer13413 wrote:
Erisad wrote:
AScomposer13413 wrote:

Trust me, emlion and I had a happy relationship thread last year and it didn't take long for it to get overwhelmed with negativity. People here do not like seeing happiness, plain and simple. :/

I dont think its that people mind happiness but that your and Ems thread involved a lot of irritating *squee* and *giggles* and that sort of banter.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 10:18 am

The-Raven wrote:
I dont think its that people mind happiness but that your and Ems thread involved a lot of irritating *squee* and *giggles* and that sort of banter.

Sooo, sometimes love comes with that. Doesn't mean it was right for them to rain on our parade where they have plenty of threads to be miserable in. :/

The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 10:24 am

Erisad wrote:
The-Raven wrote:

Sooo, sometimes love comes with that. Doesn't mean it was right for them to rain on our parade where they have plenty of threads to be miserable in. :/

I dont know about it being right to 'rain on your parade' but it should be a right to shoot people who say *squee* lol

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 10:35 am

The-Raven wrote:
Erisad wrote:
The-Raven wrote:

I dont know about it being right to 'rain on your parade' but it should be a right to shoot people who say *squee* lol

I forget that freedom of speech doesn't exist on the internet. :roll: