what are asperger men problem

Page 4 of 8 [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2012, 4:39 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
maybe get off the forum

LOL this! :lol: seriously though, Bill, it might be worth finding a local Aspie group like Lex suggested to see how true or untrue your assumptions of the Aspie female really are. I can tell you the ones in my group will struggle to keep a relationship or get a guy they actually want as opposed to any regular guy that is the first to hit on them and it's not because they are all ugly (some of them are hot!) but because of how their Asperger's affects their outward communication and behavior. Sure us men aren't exactly picky when it comes to women but a lot of us definitely don't want to be with someone that embarrasses us socially or makes us look like we take advantage of mentally vulnerable women. While the women don't share all our problems, they have a lot of their own that makes love and dating difficult in its own way. Which leads me on to my next point in this discussion....

Another poster said the problem with Asperger men is that they think it's the women that have the problem and it does certainly seem to be the case in this forum, or to better phrase it they think women have the problem yet ironically when it comes to dating it's all "easy" and they have NONE! It tends to work like this: I) Aspie guy feeling sorry for himself ii) Questions why women don't want to go out with him iii) Validates themselves with the notion it's the women's fault thus making his situation perfectly acceptable in his mind iv) Let's this notion take hold absolute scaring off even more women than previously which leads to a repeat of the cycle. What this doesn't do is help the person figure out their OWN problems or change the fact that they have them, which of those problems are truly a result of their Asperger's and more importantly which of these problems they can either fix or learn to embrace.

Bill, you say you've been on a date, so that therefore makes you (or made you) dateable :) which is a good starting point. Why not think about what landed you the dates instead of subtly blaming any failure in the Dating game on your Asperger's? It's a self fulfilling prophecy with which yields no rewards for predicting with accuracy. Also, trying to rationalize Love and Dating with some Internet pages and scientific research won't change anything for you. Love and Dating are irrational beasts, and the actions you take are what's forming the barrier between you and those 2 things - not your Asperger's. The Asperger's might be fueling this behavior but it is not causing it. IMO That's a personal thing you need to work out and I believe this because I was once the same. You said you've been on a date so I'm sure once you figure out how to overcome some personal things you will be back on the scene once again.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2012, 5:28 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
maybe get off the forum

LOL this! :lol: seriously though, Bill, it might be worth finding a local Aspie group like Lex suggested to see how true or untrue your assumptions of the Aspie female really are. I can tell you the ones in my group will struggle to keep a relationship or get a guy they actually want as opposed to any regular guy that is the first to hit on them and it's not because they are all ugly (some of them are hot!) but because of how their Asperger's affects their outward communication and behavior. Sure us men aren't exactly picky when it comes to women but a lot of us definitely don't want to be with someone that embarrasses us socially or makes us look like we take advantage of mentally vulnerable women. While the women don't share all our problems, they have a lot of their own that makes love and dating difficult in its own way. Which leads me on to my next point in this discussion....

Another poster said the problem with Asperger men is that they think it's the women that have the problem and it does certainly seem to be the case in this forum, or to better phrase it they think women have the problem yet ironically when it comes to dating it's all "easy" and they have NONE! It tends to work like this: I) Aspie guy feeling sorry for himself ii) Questions why women don't want to go out with him iii) Validates themselves with the notion it's the women's fault thus making his situation perfectly acceptable in his mind iv) Let's this notion take hold absolute scaring off even more women than previously which leads to a repeat of the cycle. What this doesn't do is help the person figure out their OWN problems or change the fact that they have them, which of those problems are truly a result of their Asperger's and more importantly which of these problems they can either fix or learn to embrace.

Bill, you say you've been on a date, so that therefore makes you (or made you) dateable :) which is a good starting point. Why not think about what landed you the dates instead of subtly blaming any failure in the Dating game on your Asperger's? It's a self fulfilling prophecy with which yields no rewards for predicting with accuracy. Also, trying to rationalize Love and Dating with some Internet pages and scientific research won't change anything for you. Love and Dating are irrational beasts, and the actions you take are what's forming the barrier between you and those 2 things - not your Asperger's. The Asperger's might be fueling this behavior but it is not causing it. IMO That's a personal thing you need to work out and I believe this because I was once the same. You said you've been on a date so I'm sure once you figure out how to overcome some personal things you will be back on the scene once again.

I have no idea if there is any asperger support group in my area, I never look. Ok, I just believe asperger women have better chances of getting dates than asperger men, ok don't have to believe me, but just my thoughts on it. (even if I got a girlfriend, Im still going believe asperger women can get dates easier than asperger men do) I never feel sorry for myself, if you read my post Im very proud person. In fact I have pretty big ego of myself which can be a bad thing to people. But I do admit faults too. I admit I have ''no care eccentric'' attitude around women, meaning I go up to woman and say whatever on my mind and not really care if they like me or not. Yes, I have been on date before, and she left me ( Im still upset about it)
I don't have asperger, I have autism or pddnos or something like that.
it don't matter if women like me or not, it has nothing to do with my topic. or what I believe in.

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2012, 5:33 pm

They're single, but they're not 'super single' (as in, never held hands with a girl, nothing). More men would seem to fit the 'super single' paradigm than women.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2012, 5:47 pm

The question I always ask in those cases, and never get a proper answer of. Maybe AS women don't reach the "super single" status some AS men do. So what?

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2012, 10:37 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
You actually don't know that. there are no studies to back you up, no evidence whatsoever. that's what is so frustrating about these threads - they come from the point of view of the people who are not successful. the successful aspie males are not posting on L&D day in and day out, they are out living life (yet interestingly when females get into relationships they often still post here). so there is a skewed idea that most aspie men are not successful because there are so many that complain on the board! it says nothing at all about how many successful aspie men there are in total, or how many unsuccessful aspie women there are in the real world.

It's true, there's no research on this topic and there really should be. However, I'm also part of a couple of social groups designed for Aspers, totalling about 50 people between both of them. Of the men, maybe 10% of them have ever had a girlfriend, and most of these guys are university educated or trained in things such as mechanics so they're hardly losers with no future prospects.

The women, meanwhile, most of them have had boyfriends, and of the few that haven't, it's generally not due to a lack of ability to attract mates, but rather being too reluctant to get into a relationship because of social stresses associated with it. That's a BIG difference.

It's a hard reality that we Asper males face: We're just not very attractive to women, not even AS women. I'm just glad I can get the odd ONS. I've never personally been able to secure a relationship before.

Quote:
In my real life aspie group, 80% of the aspie females that i met were single. that's about the same ratio as the males in the group. you can't glance at the people who post in one area of one forum and proclaim which gender has it harder. it just isn't accurate.

Right. But, how many of these single women have NEVER had a boyfriend before?

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2012, 11:01 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
thread after thread thread that tells them how easy it must be for them.

It's not easier but I do wonder of the likelihood of experiencing dating or a relationship, comparing to zero experience, if it favors one gender over the other, and the experience doesn't mean it has to be good, but rather, having lived through something compared to nothing, and which of both genders.

From observation, it looks that it favors females.
Shau wrote:
Right. But, how many of these single women have NEVER had a boyfriend before?

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 12:48 am

BlueMax wrote:
1000Knives wrote:
You realize you're proving his point, right? All women gotta do is exist.

I almost don't WANT to agree, but I'm afraid there's a lot of truth to it...

My sister is a good example of this. She's morbidly obese (easily +300 lbs) has terrible hygiene, smells gross, never brushes her teeth (which are blackened, broken, stinking and rotting out of her head).... and she always has a boyfriend of some kind shacking up with her for all the free sex they can stand.

OTOH...
Seems like the few single gals my age want me for nothing but sex! I'll pass, thanks! I won't settle for anything but a real, loving relationship.

So...
Your sister can get people who only want her for sex.
AND
You get offers from people who only want you for sex.
So in reality, you get the same opportunities your sister does, but you're just pickier.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 12:56 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
So...
AND
So in reality, you get the same opportunities your sister does, but you're just pickier.

Yeah, that's about right. I'm not on the same bandwagon that some are... I've known some very nice gals who had trouble getting boyfriends simply because they weren't bubbly, outgoing and.... well.... common.

Yeah, I'm a little more discerning... though "picky" is not the word I'd choose because I want a relationship, not to be used as life-support for a human dildo.
I'd reserve "picky" for refusing lots of GOOD people for small, stupid reasons.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 12:58 am

BlueMax wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
So...
AND

Yeah, that's about right. I'm not on the same bandwagon that some are... I've known some very nice gals who had trouble getting boyfriends simply because they weren't bubbly, outgoing and.... well.... common.

Yeah, I'm a little more discerning... though "picky" is not the word I'd choose because I want a relationship, not to be used as life-support for a human dildo.

But that doesn't prove that all women have to do is exist, since you're getting the same types of offers but rejecting them.
If your sister was getting plenty of genuine offers for a decent, loving relationship, that would be a different matter.

Last edited by Who_Am_I on 02 Dec 2012, 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

steviewonderau
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Dec 2012, 12:59 am

My issues: ugly/unattractive, low intelligence, low self-esteem/confidence and poor communication skills.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 1:11 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
So...
AND

But that doesn't prove that all women have to do is exist, since you're getting the same types of offers but rejecting them.
If your sister was getting plenty of genuine offers for a decent, loving relationship, that would be a different matter.

You're barking at the wrong guy. Attack one of the ones who DO believe that women "only need to exist". :?

Withdrawal
Raven
Raven

02 Dec 2012, 3:43 am

One "problem" I have noticed with a few male posters here who complain of being permanently single is desperation. I don't think this is the main reason they're single - the reasons are deeper and more complex. But it can't help. There's a reason desperation is unattractive:

There are posts that indicate these men don't care which woman they get to date or sleep with. If they approached a girl they actually had feelings for, and were concerned with whether they could make her happy and what interests her, I think they'd stand a better chance than approaching girls whilst obsessed only with boosting their social status and self esteem and being able to say they are no longer a virgin. Many girls will most likely be able to tell a man who genuinely finds her particularly attractive from a man who doesn't care anything about her beyond the fact she's female.

I also agree with the post that said it's a problem when men blame women for rejecting them. If a man is only nice to women when he is hitting on them because he thinks there's something in it for him, he's not going to come across anywhere near as attractive as the man who is nice to people even when there's nothing in it for him.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 4:13 am

Withdrawal wrote:
One "problem" I have noticed with a few male posters here who complain of being permanently single is desperation. I don't think this is the main reason they're single - the reasons are deeper and more complex. But it can't help. There's a reason desperation is unattractive:

There are posts that indicate these men don't care which woman they get to date or sleep with. If they approached a girl they actually had feelings for, and were concerned with whether they could make her happy and what interests her, I think they'd stand a better chance than approaching girls whilst obsessed only with boosting their social status and self esteem and being able to say they are no longer a virgin. Many girls will most likely be able to tell a man who genuinely finds her particularly attractive from a man who doesn't care anything about her beyond the fact she's female.

I also agree with the post that said it's a problem when men blame women for rejecting them. If a man is only nice to women when he is hitting on them because he thinks there's something in it for him, he's not going to come across anywhere near as attractive as the man who is nice to people even when there's nothing in it for him.

um, wrong. How come so many women sleep with men who will dump the next day? you know the player type.
when you say '' finds her particularly attractive from a man who doesn't care anything about her beyond the fact she's female.''
um, don't so many women end up sleeping with them type of men, anyways? the ''players''
it sicken, not for my case but how so many women are so willing to sleep with a guy because he's an ''alpha'' or a ''player''
or is ''hot'' . so many women are so trick by these ''players'' who have such good ''game'' that they get women in bed,
but these men don't give a f about any of the women they sleep with at all.

when women put some much emiphany on approach skills, or how good a man a game is, women are going to find out they are going get used alot. users type men are very charming. and know how to ''seduce'' women for their own personal gain.

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 5:04 am

billiscool wrote:
Withdrawal wrote:
Many girls will most likely be able to tell a man who genuinely finds her particularly attractive from a man who doesn't care anything about her beyond the fact she's female.
When women put some much emiphany on approach skills, or how good a man a game is, women are going to find out they are going get used alot. users type men are very charming. and know how to ''seduce'' women for their own personal gain.

I hate to say it, but he's kinda got you there. If what you said was true, then either these "players" are exceedingly good at concealing the fact that they're mainly in it to get their dick wet, or women are terrible at picking up on men just trying to get laid.

Withdrawal
Raven
Raven

02 Dec 2012, 5:23 am

True, it mainly applies to dating and long-term relationships, but also "players" do tend to pick out a girl they find attractive - and some girls will find that flattering. Whereas the perpetually single will here seem to pick out a girl who looks a low enough league that they might stand a chance, or whoever happens to be nearest, which is insulting.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 5:51 am

BlueMax wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
So...
AND

You're barking at the wrong guy. Attack one of the ones who DO believe that women "only need to exist". :?

I'm disagreeing, not attacking. There's a difference.

Here's the post that you initially replied to, and the first part of your reply (sorry if the quote tags are messed up:

Quote:
BlueMax wrote:
Quote:
1000Knives wrote:
You realize you're proving his point, right? All women gotta do is exist.

I almost don't WANT to agree, but I'm afraid there's a lot of truth to it...

It looked to me that you were agreeing with him that the only thing women have to do is exist, and using your sister vs you as an example. What did you actually mean?