Does anyone actually look for woman with a personality?

Page 3 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

morslilleole
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 2:12 pm

Personality is probably the most important thing. The trouble is finding someone like me. It's hard to find someone I feel some kind of connection with. That is the biggest problem for me with OKC; I don't see many of them having the same personality as me. Most of the girls on OKC seem boring to me.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 2:14 pm

I prefer women with great personality, I just don't go looking for any :D
Rather happy on my own for now.

KevinLA
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 7:58 pm

I never understood how a man and woman can be best friends.

We are so completely different.

Think different, act different, different interests for the most part.

I am not sure I get how a man and woman can have a connection.

That is why couples seem to argue constantly. That is love?

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 8:29 pm

ruckus wrote:
Also, what is this "strong personality" people keep mentioning and why is it considered a negative?

Imagine someone who ignores your every desire and, more than insists, forces you to have things their way all the time.

Man or woman, there's lots of people like this. The outside, working world admires it and sees these people as "taking charge and getting things done" when, really, they're just big bullies who push everyone around and force their will on everyone - including their family. My mother and several workmates have been this type and it was a living hell.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 9:00 pm

^^^
That's not "strong", that's forceful and controlling.

One can be strong and still be kind.

Calling it like it is will go a fair way to clear up the confusion

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 9:31 pm

They won't up and call themselves "controlling psychos" though... makes for a lousy dating profile. ;)

Many people who consider themselves "strong willed" are too strong...

someone strong but healthy, I might consider "well grounded", "reasonable", "fair and honest".... even "tough but fair"...

...hard to put words on something so many people see as just unconscious instinct!

Last edited by BlueMax on 07 Jan 2013, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 9:33 pm

BlueMax wrote:
They won't up and call themselves "controlling psychos" though... makes for a lousy dating profile. ;)

Many people who consider themselves "strong willed" are too strong...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww BM *hugs*

You get on with me - most of the time anyways. :lol:

Edit: :lmao:
You're as bad as MXH - "Stripes, dots, it's all the same". :razz:

Last edited by Kjas on 07 Jan 2013, 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 9:35 pm

Kjas wrote:

Oops... wrong kitty. Surprisingly, no leopard hugging pics out there except for babies... lots of bandages though. :lol:

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 9:42 pm

I've not met anyone who fits me right, so I'm not going to look for somebody like that. Somebody who I can tolerate and somebody who can tolerate me is all I want. I'm not going to waste my life hoping for something that might not happen.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 10:28 pm

While a good personality is definitely a must for any kind of inter-personal socialization, I have never understood all the people who claimed that compatible personalities are all that matter in heterosexual relationships. If that were true, men and women might as well simply stick to calling each other platonic friends. Why call it anything else if you have no interest in sexual intercourse whatsoever?

Hermes9
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Jan 2013, 11:00 pm

CrazyStarlightRedux wrote:
Would be interesting to know if you guys have the willpower to wait until you find someone who is more akin to your personality/a comparable one rather then just find a random girl you just like the look of.

Totally. I'm pretty used to being single, it's not something that bothers me anymore. I've found that I'm happier single than with a girl that doesn't have some awesome things about her... I guess I've become pretty picky since I realized being single is great in it's own way.

Probably means I'll be single a long while, but I don't care. Settling is not an option. Been there, done that. Never again.

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 11:01 am

BlueMax wrote:
Kjas wrote:

Oops... wrong kitty. Surprisingly, no leopard hugging pics out there except for babies... lots of bandages though. :lol:

This is a real picture

http://static2.businessinsider.com/imag ... e-lion.jpg

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 10:44 pm

CrazyStarlightRedux wrote:
I see many "I can't get a date" or "I like someone but they don't like me" posts...but does anyone look for someone with a unique personality or something akin to their own/a personality that they find interesting to cope with?

I will forever wait in this case but I am sadly picky about it (call my looks, interests and problems all you want, but the woman of my dreams would see past my flaws, and me for her).

I am sure many woman here are unique themselves or else why'd they even be here chatting (or mocking) the males. :wink: :lol:

Would be interesting to know if you guys have the willpower to wait until you find someone who is more akin to your personality/a comparable one rather then just find a random girl you just like the look of.

Yes I found many women with personality I like but they are always old or married/in a relationship.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 6:03 am

I doubt it.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 7:04 am

I don't actually "look" for anything, just have to find them attractive, and yes, looks tend to be the first thing you will notice about someone.

But then, I never get rid of a Woman because her looks are not good enough, I get rid of them because of how bad the personality is, and this is during the courtship stage when you think they are trying to be on their best behavior that they are lying, nagging and accusing you of meaning something negative in every word you say, what would these insane creatures be like once they had you and wernt trying to impress you!

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 4:53 pm

If a lady seems awesome, I talk to her regardless of her being out of my league, that is why I still have friends that would like to see me back in college with them. The friend zone is the best place to be till you know a girl you hang out with is interested.