Why do women care so much about a mans height?

Page 3 of 16 [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 8:19 pm

I don't know how many of you guys are from Europe, but I'm 5'10" and I feel like average height in the USA, but when I go to Germany I am considerably shorter. I feel like I'm in Junior High again whenever I go there because it seems like half the girls are as tall as I am. I have personally never been nervous about my height and I've never been aware of it being an issue, although of course I can't know for sure why I'm rejected. I've only ever been laid in Germany, so I guess my shorter appearance there was not an issue.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 6:17 am

I´m Dutch, so I am surrounded by tall people.
5´10 ist too short, but it´s not tall either...

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

24 May 2013, 6:24 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
I´m Dutch, so I am surrounded by tall people.
5´10 ist too short, but it´s not tall either...

I'm 6'2, and when I visited the Netherlands, I was shocked to see so many people towering over me, including women. I felt like a short guy for the first time ever, even though 6'2 is above average (barely) even in Holland.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 8:19 am

Almost all men and lots of women are taller than me.I'm a hair over 5ft2.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 3:25 pm

Im 6 ft 2 and I usually end up going out with short women and every time I ask why they like tall men they answer because tall men make them feel safe.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 3:38 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Im 6 ft 2 and I usually end up going out with short women and every time I ask why they like tall men they answer because tall men make them feel safe.

I'm still growing I'll go check how tall I am, about 6 foot exact.

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 May 2013, 3:47 pm

Speaking as a hetero male, it makes a difference to me I like girls who're shorter than me, but not so much that it's ridiculous.

Sometime World
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Sep 2017, 7:00 am

I used to work in retail and no line manger -- or 2nd in command even --, was a small fellow. They were all tall. It's like people associate responsibility, intelligence and social skills with tall men, even if it's not true and shorter men are better qualified. Hell I've been called short many times - mostly by dickheads - and I'm 5'10 falling to 5'9.5 by bedtime. Even medium men can suffer heightism.

Nobody knows for certain why men's height should be important to us but it certainly is important to most of us.
Perhaps it evolved for climate; in warmer, non-forested regions such as Africa people have longer bodies. In colder polar regions and jungles, a compact height is favoured. Since the word is warming, and we live in warmed houses in cold countries, perhaps we will all evolve to be tall?

Maybe a small pack of tall hunters (say 4 guys all averaging 6'0) had a better chance of scaring of f.e. a dangerous Lion than a pack of 4 hunters who averaged 5'4. Perhaps it evolved for battle and to win mates. Taller men, pound for pound have a harder strike when hitting downwards and better leverage.

A recent survey conducted by university psychologists found that most people of average height range for their gender would prefer to be taller.

It also found that most men preferred a female partner to be 4 inches shorter than themselves, while most women preferred a male partner to be 8 inches taller than themselves. 8 inches is roughly the size of a human face. So I think most women ideally want to snuggle their head under a mans chin! Clearly, different people have different preferences when it comes to the ideal difference in height between themselves and that of a partner but those were the most popular differences selected by the people who took part in the survey.

I know for a fact from my own experiments with different male 'sock puppet' profiles on online dating sites, men between 5'11 and 6'6 received by far the most female attention. I created a profile of a good looking man of 5'3 and slim build and he didn't get any messages in the 4 month period. The 6'3 guy got the most: 241 unsolicited messages in the same 4 month period.

There is no logical or practical reason why, in a heterosexual relationship, a man should be taller than a woman. It's just the way things usually are and it's the way that most people appear to prefer things to be.

Sometime World
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Sep 2017, 7:01 am

I used to work in retail and no line manger -- or 2nd in command even --, was a small fellow. They were all tall. It's like people associate responsibility, intelligence and social skills with tall men, even if it's not true and shorter men are better qualified. Hell I've been called short many times - mostly by dickheads - and I'm 5'10 falling to 5'9.5 by bedtime. Even medium men can suffer heightism.

Nobody knows for certain why men's height should be important to us but it certainly is important to most of us.
Perhaps it evolved for climate; in warmer, non-forested regions such as Africa people have longer bodies. In colder polar regions and jungles, a compact height is favoured. Since the word is warming, and we live in warmed houses in cold countries, perhaps we will all evolve to be tall?

Maybe a small pack of tall hunters (say 4 guys all averaging 6'0) had a better chance of scaring of f.e. a dangerous Lion than a pack of 4 hunters who averaged 5'4. Perhaps it evolved for battle and to win mates. Taller men, pound for pound have a harder strike when hitting downwards and better leverage.

A recent survey conducted by university psychologists found that most people of average height range for their gender would prefer to be taller.

It also found that most men preferred a female partner to be 4 inches shorter than themselves, while most women preferred a male partner to be 8 inches taller than themselves. 8 inches is roughly the size of a human face. So I think most women ideally want to snuggle their head under a mans chin! Clearly, different people have different preferences when it comes to the ideal difference in height between themselves and that of a partner but those were the most popular differences selected by the people who took part in the survey.

I know for a fact from my own experiments with different male 'sock puppet' profiles on online dating sites, men between 5'11 and 6'6 received by far the most female attention. I created a profile of a good looking man of 5'3 and slim build and he didn't get any messages in the 4 month period. The 6'3 guy got the most: 241 unsolicited messages in the same 4 month period.

There is no logical or practical reason why, in a heterosexual relationship, a man should be taller than a woman. It's just the way things usually are and it's the way that most people appear to prefer things to be.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 8:06 am

I haven't really noticed this. I've never heard any woman complain about my height.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 8:38 am

They think that height and dick size are correlated.

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 1:30 pm

Spuggey wrote:
I like short(ish) guys. I'm 5'3" and I've always liked men about 5'6"-8". ^^ I don't like big or muscle bound.

I'm a 5'7" guy and the only last girl I dated was your height.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 2:34 pm

I'm 6'3-4"
Apparently only 15% of the us population is over 6'

Never helped me

Women do find taller guys attractive and men tend to find smaller girls attractive. It's biological. I don't know how many would refuse to date a non tall guy though. They exist though I've seen bunch of profiles say must be 6' or taller.

Cad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Sep 2017, 2:38 am

???
I'm a woman and I don't care about a man's height.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 2:43 am

Cad wrote:
???
I'm a woman and I don't care about a man's height.

Do you date men shorter than you?

Snugglebear
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Sep 2017, 2:03 pm

I'm 5'11 and live in the Bay Area. If I only dated men who were taller than me, id be ruling out 60-70% of the men in my area.