The Bar. (L&D's own chatroom)

Page 75 of 88 [ 1404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 88  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 7:33 pm

Sadly, I think that's true what you've said.

This shouldn't deter us from dancing to Tina, though!

Because this transcend all that. Transcends all the "reality" of the nature of most relationships.

After "What's Love Got to Do With it?" How would you feel about "River Deep, Mountain High?"

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 7:36 pm

One thing about music on even phonograph records: it's there for Posterity!

Even failed relationships....cannot deny the existence of the Inspiration of Music.

Just like the Sea cannot be taken away from us because of human frailties.

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2016, 7:42 pm

Your words are eloquent, and so very true. I did not mean to get too deep, there, but it is my observation. Yes, play that one next. Music is grand because it can speak to the soul in different ways, even the same song is different depending upon the emotion you are feeling or the state you are in. Music can lift the sad mood, or allow me to revel in the sad. It can give me energy when I am tired, or inspire deep desire with the proper company and setting. So many possibilities.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 7:47 pm

That's part of the dialogue of intelligent people.....deep stuff.

It's wise what you said.

Too many people see the failures as being a deterrent.....it throws their whole world view off--then it becomes axiomatic that cynicism is what is "true."

You dance Divinely, by the way :heart:

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2016, 7:53 pm

Why thank you, my dear! I dance because of you, your patience, your skill as a dance instructor, your easy going, graceful manner. With you, I love to dance, even though I did not know how previously. You make trying new things enjoyable. :heart:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 7:54 pm

Dancing brings sustenance, and brings Catharsis.

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2016, 8:02 pm

It also relieves stress, and helps clear the mind. It gets the blood flowing...particularly if one's partner does, as well. :wink:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 8:04 pm

The temperature is perfect here. 72 Degrees!

Yet I sense that it's time for a refill! Of something very, very rejuvenating.

Like maybe some Fruit Punch?

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2016, 8:09 pm

I am in the mood for a light sangria, please. It will be a fruit punch, but with a splash of wine, too, very light. (walks up to the bar) I notice they have these little paper menus...(folds paper...pulls out marker, scribbles intently) Look! I made you a little paper frog. (pushes down on paper hinge, jumps frog down the bar to Kraftie) It has a little face, too, and cute little glasses, like someone I admire.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 8:14 pm

It's so cute....I shall cherish it!

This sort of thing....I have no facility for.

I bet you are also good at creating things for parties and such.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 8:18 pm

There's a song which can be used for comic relief, in case the atmosphere here gets too somber.

It's called "My Ding-A-Ling," by none other than Chuck Berry.

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2016, 8:21 pm

Ha! I do not get invited to parties, are you kidding? I have a few little parlor tricks. It was part of an initiative many years ago. I thought if I learned some ice-breakers, I could make some friends, or get a date, or learn to strike up conversations. 'Turns out more than just a few little "skills" is required and I have not been successful. I do not even try anymore. But my memory is like a stone monument, so whatever I have picked up I can still do. It is fun to play with, hopping back and forth across a table, over obstacles and such, until the paper fatigues and the hinge wears out.

Oh, yes. I know it. Cringe-worthy to me, as I get embarrassed for others.

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2016, 8:23 pm

I know it is a bit early, but if you would care to walk with me, I will need to head back soon. I will have to sleep tonight, and take a shower, and such. But I enjoy our walks a great deal.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 8:25 pm

I bet you can even make the frog talk! :D

Speaking of which....."Joy to the World" by Three Dog Night is on the Jukebox right now.

It's first-line Lyrics: "Jeremiah was a Bullfrog. Was a good friend of mine."

I used to think the song was called "Jeremiah was a Bullfrog."

I shall enjoy walking with you in the Outdoors! And we should pass the Italian Ices stand.

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2016, 8:29 pm

Oh! That's a GREAT song. You know what other frog song I like? "Rag Time Gal" as sung by Michigan J. Frog. Oh, yes, Italian ice..very good. You know, I had never had this before. It risks being an addiction. (As do you) :heart:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 8:31 pm

The Non-Hermetic Hermit Crabs have come to greet us. They know we mean no harm.

The Tide is a bit higher than normal....so water is actually reaching to our shoes as we walk. Just take off your shoes, and I'll carry yours...so you can feel the water as you walk.

How would you feel about Cherry and Strawberry in your Italian Ices?