The Bar. (L&D's own chatroom)

Page 72 of 88 [ 1404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 88  Next

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

17 Aug 2016, 7:42 pm

Yes, definitely. I am learning to like dancing, here, away from critical eyes. It is actually a lot of fun.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 7:46 pm

In the "socials" at summer camp which I described, I was pretty much of an observer.

One time, though, I got daring, and played Alfalfa of the Little Rascals all night. It didn't go over well.

However, I did like it when there was a "Sadie Hawkins Day." This was when the girls chased the guys, instead of the other way around.

It seems like you're a little weary, and would like to partake of the Delights of the Beach.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 8:04 pm

We are both looking up at the Stars, lying on our backs on your Brazilian blanket.

You have a peach/virgin Daiquiri with an umbrella; I have a Cherry Grenadine with an umbrella.

It's another starry, starry night on the Beach tonight. Nary a soul to molest us. Only the Moon to serve as our Sentry.

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

17 Aug 2016, 8:10 pm

Ah, yes, this is exactly what I need after a long day! Fantastic. I like the idea of chasing the guys, the only problem (besides debilitating shyness) is figuring out whether they are interested or not. You'd think it would be easy to tell...but alas, I usually cannot. I am glad, therefore, that you are forward with your intentions!

If there is not one around to molest us....we may be forced to molest one another! :oops:
(turns to lean up on elbow with mischievous smile)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 8:18 pm

Perhaps I could give you a piggy-back ride back to your abode?

Or you can even get up on my neck (that's actually more stable).

I'm glad you're enjoying the Rainbow ice, and are licking your lips as a result.

The music was very invigorating tonight...and varied.

The conversation tonight even more so.

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

17 Aug 2016, 8:27 pm

I am a bit afraid of being picked up, actually, but I will work on it. The conversation has been fun, hasn't it! Let's walk. I would like to get in early tonight..if you come along, I can show you what I am working on! Let's take our shoes off and walk along the water's edge!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 8:30 pm

That would be swell; I enjoy the cool sand after a hot day.

Incredibly, there's a crushed-ice stand right over to our left; want a cherry one?

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

17 Aug 2016, 8:37 pm

Your frequent offers of frozen treats are going to make me very large! I will just ice, please, no topping. Look at the cute little hermit crab (holds up tiny shell with crab in it)! Nighttime brings out all the creepy-crawlies. They are awesome. (puts crab gently back on the sand).

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 8:41 pm

Yep.....the crabs are not so Hermetic at night. They seek an esoteric companionship with kindred spirits.

We have arrived in your abode, where your bed out on the porch is made up, ready for your weary yet content body.

Your hand is a delight to kiss, really.

As I depart towards my living quarters, I wave to you, and you wave back.

Then a seagull vocalizes delight at our little scene.....

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

17 Aug 2016, 8:43 pm

It is amazing how quick this walk is getting, even with me messing around in the water and chasing you down the beach...wait, I guess the chasing does involve speed, if you can call it that! Will you not see me inside this evening? :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 8:46 pm

But of course, Mon chere :heart:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 7:03 am

I am now sitting "at the Dock of the Sea," so to speak. But not wasting time :wink:

The bench is painted purple, and is right across from the Bar. The sea is about 50 yards from the boardwalk.

I am amidst the Morning Calm, nobody else here but myself and some seagulls. They don't bother me; they have the right to the sand as I have the right to the sand.

I am just reflecting upon an Enchanted Evening......

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2016, 5:04 pm

HI. Mind if I sit down? I brought you a cherry Grenadine. I also have some bread cubes if you want to feed the seagulls. Also, I could play "Flock of Seagulls" on the jukebox.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 5:06 pm

Excellent!

How was your day in the "meat grinder?"

Glad you could make it here!

And thanks for the Grenadine and the bread.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 5:08 pm

The breeze is from the Ocean tonight....and the scent of Lilacs is especially strong.

The seagulls have experienced Transcendence. They're dancing to the music!

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2016, 5:17 pm

Well, of course! Seagulls are naturally uninhibited creatures! Notice how they argue and fuss with one another over the bread, too.
Yes, I am pleased to have made it out of the grinder, as well. I am even home earlier than I expected. I am exhausted today. I did not get much sleep, but I did have an especially pleasant night regardless. How is your day so far?