The Bar. (L&D's own chatroom)

Page 73 of 88 [ 1404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 88  Next

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2016, 5:17 pm

Well, of course! Seagulls are naturally uninhibited creatures! Notice how they argue and fuss with one another over the bread, too.
Yes, I am pleased to have made it out of the grinder, as well. I am even home earlier than I expected. I am exhausted today. I did not get much sleep, but I did have an especially pleasant night regardless. How is your day so far?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 5:18 pm

Not too bad at all!

Especially since I am here....enjoying the Scenery :D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 5:25 pm

A Daiquiri really suits you...for you smile when it is presented to you. I see you've ordered Strawberry tonight.

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2016, 5:27 pm

Oh, yes, I know what you mean. I see at least two marvelous vistas before me. :D :heart: Really, I need to consider just moving to the beach. I think this is where I belong.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 5:28 pm

It's especially loving at Twilight Time...which reminds me.

How would you like to hear "My Prayer," by the Platters? A 1950's Doo-wopp classic.

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2016, 5:31 pm

Oh, yes, by all means. Shall we walk inside and enjoy the ambience of the bar, or would you prefer to sit out here for a while longer? It is true that twilight is a magical time...one I look forward to.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 5:32 pm

My mistake: the song is actually called "Twilight Time."

I enjoy being outside at this moment; when it becomes dark, then I shall come in.

Would you like to order your meal now?

Tonight, the special is Filet Mignon, au jus, with brown rice. Or you could have mashed or baked potatoes instead.

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2016, 5:42 pm

While that does sound lovely, the fillet may be too heavy for me tonight. I will have a petite sirloin (6oz or less), medium rare, brown rice and roasted vegetables. A glass of Merlot, too. I like this song. It is lovely.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 5:42 pm

There was a time, outside the urban centers, where it was difficult for people to get rock-n-roll stations. Sometimes, they had to manipulate the dial, or wait until the very Wee Hours, in order to get these stations.

Even stations which played the Platters. Even though the Platters did music which was very night-clubby, their music was still considered rock-n-roll in the 1950s.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 5:45 pm

The Chef, of course, shall be glad to produce the meal of your Desires.

He is avid to please Gracious Ladies, especially.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 5:53 pm

Next....we have "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay" by Otis Redding.

We can hear the seagulls and other sounds of the seacoast in the song.

This was actually a most unusual song for him; usually, he did rip-roaring Soul-type numbers.

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2016, 5:56 pm

I am lucky to have a companion who personally knows the chef. It makes sense that two talented professionals, men of taste and distinction, would have a cordial relationship. I am all for rock and roll, even if it is "the devil's tool!" :lol:
I am too young to remember those days, but I DID stay up late at night to listen to the Dr. Demento show! I got to hear the very young Weird Al Yankovic play accordion and sing "Another One Rides the Bus" while Bermuda Schwartz played "drums" on his accordion case and made the sounds with various radio sound effects tools. It was fantastic. Great old songs like "I'd Rather Have a Bottle in Front of Me Than a Frontal Lobotomy" and "They're Coming to Take Me Away" kept me entertained and stimulated my imagination.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 6:01 pm

Oh yeah....I used to listen to Dr. Demento sometimes! Very enjoyable. Ever heard Napoleon XIV's "They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha Ha?"

One of my funny "special interests" is listening to "airchecks." I've listened to one from 1955 on WINS in New York. Alan Freed was the deejay then. It's fascinating listening to the commercials then, too. Things just didn't cost all that much in the 1950s LOL (of course, salaries reflected that!)

I also listened to WABC from the 1960s; listening to WABC in the 1960s provided me with the beginnings of the "Soundtrack of My Life." To this day, I still walk to some of these songs in my head.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 6:06 pm

Songs sometimes come into my head all of a sudden!

Right now, "Tweedle-Dee" by Lavern Baker is in my head. I hope you don't mind that I play it. A medium-tempo song, ideal for Lindy-Hop dancing! Shall we dance?

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2016, 6:10 pm

Of course I don't mind! Let's dance! While I do not know much about music, songs do randomly play in my head, as well. I find that I usually have one playing first thing when I wake up, and at various points in the day. I have to check to be sure I am not humming, or singing out loud, because sometimes (okay, frequently) I don't realize that I am doing this. I also get stuck on things, and listen to the same album over and over for days.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 6:14 pm

LOL....I went through a phase where I kept on listening to Jimi Hendrix songs. Then I watched a few documentaries on him. Then I'd watch a few interviews with him on shows such as "The Mike Douglas Show." Then I'd listen to the songs again. I couldn't get away from that LOL.

He's considered a hard-rock/acid-rock singer. But he was also a great blues singer, too. That's not mentioned too often.

His music is "listening-type" music, rather than "dance music."