Ladies, wouldn't that bother you? (A bomb question)

Page 4 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Aug 2017, 3:24 am

I wouldn't care if I was someone's first or last choice provided they never grew tired of me. I see it like this, when I play league I have my MUST duo partners who I can rely on and my ehhhh people. If I were to pick and ehhhh but we won mostly every game without too much stress I wouldn't care.

Ends justify the means imo.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 10:27 am

I guess some will date a guy because they feel sorry for them in that respect heh. It depends on the person though because if someone isn't happy with another and just date them because they didn't have another choice then that would be kinda tragic. I had a former friend once tell me that she was only bothering with me because her other friends left town and I cut ties with her completely after that. Just like no one will pity friend me I won't allow someone to pity date me either.

synthpop
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Aug 2017, 2:03 am

It would bother me a great deal to know that the only real reason someone was with me was because I was the only person to interact with them. They wouldn't be with me for me, they'd be with me because I gave them attention.
Sure, maybe they enjoy me, maybe they've even convinced themselves they love me; but, infatuation risen out of desperation isn't love at all. It's pathetic and shallow. They'd leave the minute someone better even glanced at them. They're just sick of being single.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 2:10 am

synthpop wrote:
It would bother me a great deal to know that the only real reason someone was with me was because I was the only person to interact with them. They wouldn't be with me for me, they'd be with me because I gave them attention.
Sure, maybe they enjoy me, maybe they've even convinced themselves they love me; but, infatuation risen out of desperation isn't love at all. It's pathetic and shallow. They'd leave the minute someone better even glanced at them. They're just sick of being single.

Hmm interesting, but here's the thing , I am going to play the Devil's advocate now:
What if the guy you like is so conventionally unattractive/dork to the majority of women, therefore you are the only one in his life who happens to ever find him attractive, what's for him to do then? To give it up on you? To be a good boy and leave you by telling you "Sorry, you are the only one who ever liked me, you are my only option - therefore I should stop being selfish and leave you"?

So for a a guy to be eligible for you, he has to have many other options to pick of in order for you to feel that you were really picked?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 2:22 am

hurtloam wrote:
this wouldn't bother me at the choosing someone on a dating site stage because the whole thing is very shallow. Its just as bad to be chosen because you were the best looking and he didn't bother reading anything about your interests.

It would bother me if after a while he felt like he didn't enjoy my personality as a whole but was so lonely that he figured he'd put up with me for the sake of having someone.

Hmm hurtloam, answer this without being politically correct:

What's more flattering for you:
- If your crush (from your social circle) chooses you while you do know that you're his only option at this time? (you can never tell whether because he was feeling lonely or not but you can know somehow from your circle of female friends that he's conventionally seen odd and very unattractive).

Or

- If your crush (from your social circle) chooses YOU and you know well (based on the feedback from your female friend) that he has so many admirers and all your girlfriends praise how hot he is, therefore you realize that he picked YOU out of many the admirers he has because he sees you as the most attractive/hottest/interesting/whatever out of the many.

So think well before answering, which romance fantasy is more flattering for you?