Are Aspies more likely to have another sexuality?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

MSBKyle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Feb 2017, 4:12 pm

I hear that it is common for people with Asperger's to identify with another sexuality other than heterosexual. I heart that people on the spectrum are more likely to be gay, bisexual, asexual, or trans. I was wondering if this is true. It does make sense because pretty much all of us who are on the spectrum don't conform to the social norms. Being non-heterosexual adds to our uniqueness.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 5:54 pm

I dunno. I don't hear too many people on this board talking about their sexuality tbh. I'm not sure there is a connection.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 7:03 pm

Within WrongPlanet, the incidence of "alternative sexuality" seems slightly higher than within the general population.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 4:17 am

LGBT is only marginally more common among NDs compared to NTs, and it is mostly related to girls, not guys. It is asexuality that is considerably more common (4 times), and also some odd sexual preferences that are not LGBT.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 6:08 am

It would appear indeed, that there is a higher occurrence of "not purely heterosexual" among those with an ASD, but the difference is small.

Also, these are the reported rates, so it can also simply be that NDs are more willing to admit to being non-hetero.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 6:15 am

I'd say more so with girls from what I've seen tbh. Met plenty of lesbian aspie girls or bisexual. From what I see with aspie males more often than not is that most of the ones I see tend to be pretty women obsessed. I haven't met an aspie male yet in person out of a lot who weren't in some way drawn to this idea of getting a girlfriend and then their life will be 'amazing'. :roll:

I was talking to a friend about this a while ago who's also an aspie girl but lesbian, and was saying about some aspie guy that we knew of who wouldn't stop being suuuper obsessed with trying to get a gf and she was just like "yeah dude that's just typical sperg male behaviour, don't bother" That confused me a bit but I spose it makes sense in a way. *shrug*