Men's thread:when she never initiates communication

Page 4 of 9 [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Zoranus
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jan 2017, 7:55 pm

I don't know if I entirely agree with this.

My previous (current? It's complicated). relationship didn't begin with instant attraction. She thought I was weird, and I was always looking at her, she thought. We met at work. I'd sit with her sometimes but not really say anything. I might initiate a sentence but not much.

One day she asked why I was so aloof and quiet. I told her about my diagnosis, and then our friendship kicked off. Later, friendship turned into something more. I kind of really messed it up along the way, and now I'm hoping I can fix myself so I can fix it. But hey, maybe if it doesn't work out I'll try online dating and go through the struggle a lot of other people here seem to be doing.

I personally believe being upfront about what you are helps. Also start with friendship. Friendship is hard enough to do. I think if you take that step first and then try something more, it's easier.

Also, some women are shy. I've had this situation before. In this case, you kind of have to be more of the leader, which is very hard for me.

DeanFry
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jan 2017, 8:05 pm

Onyxaxe wrote:
I literally dropped two guys back to back because they never initiate or drag their feet for too long. I'm modern but I still expect the guy to lead. That's due to my personality more so than my gender. The guys I've liked the most are the ones that texted to see how I was every other day or so. It made me relax and I started to do the same. There's a lot on the line for both genders but some chicks are shy because they don't want to lead a guy on and get axe murdered/raped.

If this has been going on for awhile and she never says hello on her own she's probably prideful and afraid of being donned as too manly or something, or she could be uninterested. I'm shy but ironically I'll ask a guy out if I feel like it. Most girls aren't as bold as I am and are looked down on if they are. Seriously a lot of guys will put them down for s**t that doesn't matter.

I know people don't wanna hear this, especially on this forum but those dating blogs are sometimes right and you just have to get used to self sacrificing and emotionally investing until you figure each other out. In dating we're supposed to learn about the other person, not get so frustrated over past and or future rejections that we don't try to figure them out one by one. If dating is too much work or too hurtful don't date.

Onyxaxe is right lads, personally I have made these mistakes recently including being too personal too soon, some people can deal with that but most can't and isn't expected at all, a lot of our feelings and wanting to spend every minute with them is what scares people away, we have to relax and get on with our own lives like everyone else does like go to the gym, education etc. all of that to self improve and keep you busy is out there especially since there is good support for it, myself I started going to the gym at the beginning of December and have kept going since, losing weight and keeping myself busy.

I know it hurts both dating wise and friends wise trust me but we need to listen to people like Onyxaxe and several others I have seen on these forums that are trying to help all of us and each other.

Zed90230
Raven
Raven

13 Jan 2017, 9:58 pm

AspergianMutantt wrote:
Most women hardly ever initiate, they do not want to deal with the rejection

I could have written that, because it's been my experience.

But by the same token, if I don't find a woman attractive, I don't pay any attention to her. Unfortunately a few times in the past sme women misinterpreted this as playing hard-to-get, then they had the temerity to get angry at me for telling them I just wasn't interested in them.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 8:29 am

Onyxaxe wrote:
I literally dropped two guys back to back because they never initiate or drag their feet for too long. I'm modern but I still expect the guy to lead. That's due to my personality more so than my gender. The guys I've liked the most are the ones that texted to see how I was every other day or so. It made me relax and I started to do the same. There's a lot on the line for both genders but some chicks are shy because they don't want to lead a guy on and get axe murdered/raped.

If this has been going on for awhile and she never says hello on her own she's probably prideful and afraid of being donned as too manly or something, or she could be uninterested. I'm shy but ironically I'll ask a guy out if I feel like it. Most girls aren't as bold as I am and are looked down on if they are. Seriously a lot of guys will put them down for s**t that doesn't matter.

I know people don't wanna hear this, especially on this forum but those dating blogs are sometimes right and you just have to get used to self sacrificing and emotionally investing until you figure each other out. In dating we're supposed to learn about the other person, not get so frustrated over past and or future rejections that we don't try to figure them out one by one. If dating is too much work or too hurtful don't date.

But at some point you did initiate.

That's the whole point.

Some guys waste months ir maybe years of their life over a girl who never initiate anything.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 8:35 am

I get what you mean about the not initoasting at all thing.

But you have to understand about the approaching men for hundreds of years we have been told approaching men is unladylike and whorish. In the olden days approaching a man was seen as 'loose'.

There is still a bit of a stigma around it. I know in secondary if I ever approached boy to ask him out I wad bullied and teased for being too upfront and desperate. Also have you seen how NT men react, they are almost insulted because you are too forward.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 10:04 am

Alliekit wrote:

But you have to understand about the approaching men for hundreds of years we have been told approaching men is unladylike and whorish. In the olden days approaching a man was seen as 'loose'.

There is still a bit of a stigma around it. I know in secondary if I ever approached boy to ask him out I wad bullied and teased for being too upfront and desperate. Also have you seen how NT men react, they are almost insulted because you are too forward.

Those are all common excuses that you ladies repeat over and over again because you don't want to deal with rejections. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I am not convinced.

But in my experience, the women who initiate are always the ones who turn out to be interested, and the ones who never initiate, including the ones who reply enthusiastically, always turn out not interested.

I trust my experience more.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 10:06 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:

Those are all common excuses that you ladies repeat over and over again because you don't want to deal with rejections. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I am not convinced.

But in my experience, the women who initiate are always the ones who turn out to be interested, and the ones who never initiate, including the ones who reply enthusiastically, always turn out not interested.

Well it's true for me and many of the women that I know. Weirdly enough I trust my experience more aswell.

I don't need you too believe it I'm fully aware of what you're thoughts are.

DeanFry
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jan 2017, 11:32 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:

I am not convinced.

It isn't an excuse, it is something that is conditioned into women by our society, our parents I've seen it for myself and I understand why they do, you can't put the blame on individual women like that yes some do take that chance but most women don't because of what they can be seen as and often at times are ridiculed for it.

Take a step back, read what has been said here and try to see it from other peoples perspective.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

14 Jan 2017, 11:36 am

It's biology and it's not changing

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 12:59 pm

DeanFry wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:

I am not convinced.

It isn't an excuse, it is something that is conditioned into women by our society, our parents I've seen it for myself and I understand why they do, you can't put the blame on individual women like that yes some do take that chance but most women don't because of what they can be seen as and often at times are ridiculed for it.

Take a step back, read what has been said here and try to see it from other peoples perspective.

I am 100% sure those same people initiated at some point for their cushes.

I don't buy it that a woman at this age *never* sends a hi to a guy she really likes because of society.

Most women who initiated with me are conservative middle-eastern/asians; explain this.

And I have never heard of men react badly on this; on the contrary most males NT or otherwise I talked with on this matter wish it; it is like a dream for them.

Who are these men that wp women keep claiming that they get angry if women initiate with them?Which medeival castle they come from?

I don't buy they're that common and I don't understand why anyone wants to date them in the first place.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 14 Jan 2017, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 1:11 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
DeanFry wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
I get what you mean about the not initiating at all thing.

I am not convinced.

I don't buy it that a woman at this age never sends a hi to a guy she really likes because of society.

And I have never heard of men react badly on this; on the contrary most males NT or otherwise I talked with on this matter wish it; it is like a dream for them.

Who are these men that wp women keep claiming that they get angry if women initiate with them?Which medeival castle they come from?

I don't buy they're that common and I don't understand why anyone wants to date them in the first place.

I should have properly explained myself I meant like first approaches. Thats why i said i understand what your saying about the never initiating (which autocorrected as intoasting :oops: )

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 1:15 pm

Most women who initiated with me are conservative middle-eastern/asians; explain this.

And these are probably the two most conservative megagroups on this planet. Deny this too.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 1:15 pm

FOB, you're always trying to prove women are this or that, and do your own little surveys, to prove that "HA! Women really are like that bas", to get back at them for rejections. This is a waste of time.

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 1:19 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I don't buy it that a woman at thid age never sends a hi to a guy she really likes because of society.

And I have never heard of men react badly on this; on the contrary most males I talked with on this matter wish it.

The problem with a guy saying he wants women to make the first move is that what he actually MEANS is that he wants the woman HE FINDS ATTRACTIVE to make the first move.

We do make the first move a lot of times, it's just that some guys don't see it or pick up on it, because it's not as obvious as just walking up to you and giving you our number. And if you're oblivious to social cues you probably will miss it entirely. And when you miss this social cue, we assume you're not interested.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 1:19 pm

smudge wrote:
FOB, you're always trying to prove women are this or that, and do your own little surveys, to prove that "HA! Women really are like that bas", to get back at them for rejections. This is a waste of time.

You initated with me more than once. :p

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 1:20 pm

Luhluhluh wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I don't buy it that a woman at thid age never sends a hi to a guy she really likes because of society.

And I have never heard of men react badly on this; on the contrary most males I talked with on this matter wish it.

The problem with a guy saying he wants women to make the first move is that what he actually MEANS is that he wants the woman HE FINDS ATTRACTIVE to make the first move.

We do make the first move a lot of times, it's just that some guys don't see it or pick up on it, because it's not as obvious as just walking up to you and giving you our number. And if you're oblivious to social cues you probably will miss it entirely. And when you miss this social cue, we assume you're not interested.

Oh.... but some women do this reaction too from what I keep hearing; if guy is too below her standards asks her out.

So it is a two-ways thing.