Are women's standards really this high?

Page 1 of 12 [ 188 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 2:26 am

http://www.thefrisky.com/2015-05-12/25-types-of-men-im-absolutely-tired-of-at-25/

After reading this article I felt kind of devastated. I don't blame women for having standards but apparently I don't meet them.

I'm not very good at cooking and I fail especially hard at number 11.

Yes I'm in my late twenties and yes I don't have a passport. Does this make me immature for my age?

On dating profiles I've read a lot of girls who talk about their vacations in Asia, Europe and America. They say they want a guy who can go on more vacations with them.

The reason why I'm not willing to hop on a plane and GO at a moments notice is because I just can't afford it!

If I was dating a girl and on short notice she proposed two weeks travelling across Europe, the combined cost of my airfare, accommodation, travel insurance and train tickets for Europe's high speed rail network would be thousands of dollars.

Also I couldn't get two weeks leave from work at short notice and she did say she wanted to date a guy with a career.

I know the author of this article does not represent all women and not all women are the same but does she represent the typical woman?

If so, I'm worried that I'm below par. Honestly I'm a little immature for my age. I've only had a serious job for 2 years, I've only lived out of home for 3 years, I don't have a university degree (unlike the author of this article), I haven't travelled overseas (unlike the author of this article) and I don't have a large amount of dating experience (unlike the author of this article).

Remember, that while I'm 29, the author is 25. She's 4 years younger yet she seems to have much more life experience than me.

So if I went on a first date with a similar girl, a few years younger than me, who had a university degree, had travelled to Europe and Asia and had accumulated a large amount of dating experience over the last decade, would she see me as inadequate?

amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Dec 2016, 3:34 am

No, that's just her opinion. Some of them all women want to avoid Mr. Never wrong as women are always right, even when we're wrong or pathological liars, etc. But all women like different things. 23. the gamer for example would be perfect for me, or someone who likes to go clubbing every weekend would prefer someone who goes clubbing. But I guess we might be a rare breed possibly? I wouldn't mind a guy who doesn't have a passport, but if he's willing to travel in the future then I'm all for that. I wouldn't worry to much about cooking either, unless she is unable to cook also, then it might be worth while learning.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 3:48 am

like a website called "the frisky" is really something to get so worked up over. consider the tag "ban men" at the bottom and you have something i would not want a part of. doesn't matter how lonely i feel.

that doesn't speak for most women's standards. tiffanie drayton might have those standards and she probably shouldn't be surprised when she ends up old and alone, but i believe most people, men and ladies alike, don't have those standards.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

a_dork
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Dec 2016, 3:52 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
http://www.thefrisky.com/2015-05-12/25-types-of-men-im-absolutely-tired-of-at-25/Yes I'm in my late twenties and yes I don't have a passport. Does this make me immature for my age?

I'm 24 and I don't have one either. I used to, but it expired 3 years ago. Unless you plan to travel outside your country soon, there's no point in getting one. What you are too old for at 29 is consulting lists like this for serious life advice. I read a similar list on cosmo.com which claimed that 25 was too old to be living paycheck to paycheck.

― L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 4:07 am

^ it's useful as an alternate form of ID should you ever lose your drivers license, or whatever else you use.

that reminds me, i need to get mine renewed. immigration is really strict about leaving at least 6 months left in your passport after the return from an international trip, and it looks like i won't be able to pull that off when i go to mexico next week...

lots of guys in europe and elsewhere around the world live with their family until they get married, even if that means staying into their 30s. my dad did that, and right now we're living in the same house he and his family lived in for years.

personally, i think its crazy that western "society" expects you to move out and find your own place at 18, especially right now with these impossible housing prices.

you have to remember that it's entirely possible you have life experiences that the author does not have, that you are either forgetting, or disregarding.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 4:14 am

I think #11 is ridiculous. I don't see how it's even important to have one if you aren't traveling out of the country. Mine expired 3 years ago. I let it expire because I can't afford to travel out of the country. If I want to go to Canada, I am going to have to get a passport again.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 4:52 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
personally, i think its crazy that western "society" expects you to move out and find your own place at 18, especially right now with these impossible housing prices.
Yeah. I moved out of home in my 20s but I'm starting to regret that decision as I've noticed people who live with their parents can save for the deposit on a house very easily. I can't. I feel like I'll be renting forever.

Society expects us to move into a rented house but the smart people will live at home until they're 30 and then buy a house.

This is one of the reasons I don't like the term "basement-dweller" as an insult. The basement-dweller might be making a good financial decision by saving his money while he lives in his parents' basement.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 5:19 am

Just another bitter female author trying so hard to justify why she's still single - the internet is full of them.
They're always so obssessed in making long lists of what they find unattractive.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 5:27 am

Why do you listen to her, she sounds ridiculous. Honestly screw her standards go look for a woman who is open minded, non-judgemental and ot trivial. Go look for someone with actual life experience not her.

Last edited by Shahunshah on 31 Dec 2016, 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 6:01 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Just another bitter female author trying so hard to justify why she's still single - the internet is full of them.
They're always so obssessed in making long lists of what they find unattractive.

Or what they require a guy be and have, then complain there's no men.

" I won't date 99% of men" cries"why aren't there any men left"

It'd be like a guy only wanting to date Jennifer Aniston , then complain there isn't more one of her.

Gosh I wish my dating problem was just that no women meet my long list of requirements, such a easy problem to fix. Those women are single by their own choice.

I never had a passport, I don't like traveling nor can I affford to. So why would I waste $165 on something I'd never use and women still wouldn't date me cause I dont me few of their other requirements but most most. It's pointless unless I can meet 100% of their requirements. Which I can't for any woman, always something wrong with me.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 6:07 am

Also that lady is clearly a sjw, after readering her catch 22 list, no man would meet her requirements.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 6:11 am

sly279 wrote:
Also that lady is clearly a sjw, after readering her catch 22 list, no man would meet her requirements.
I would agree. And that isn't a word we should throw around lightly.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 7:15 am

Friendly reminder: one Internet article listing 25 things one woman finds unattractive isn't representative of the entire female population.

Also, in regards to #11, I wouldn't feel so bad about it if I were you. I know about 40-somethings, men and women alike, who have never travelled anywhere outside of their home country. (My mother likes to tell stories about her co-workers at the hospital.) But then again, being at least so adventurous as to want to visit another country is something a lot of women dig in men, to my understanding.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 7:29 am

Honestly this is just another one of those rediculous articles probably created to incite people to red because it's so massively stupid.

I showed it to my NT girlfriends and they laughed and said this woman was a nutcase. My brother is 24 and still lives at home in order to save money and he is dating a paralegal :roll:

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

31 Dec 2016, 8:42 am

women like this are very miserable people

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 9:01 am

Don't focus on all the things other people want and don't want. Look for someone who wants what you want.. If you don't want to travel, don't date women who want to travel. Simples. Someone who likes to travel won't be compatible with a homebody.