Making other girls talk to me first

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kohen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Jan 2017, 6:40 am

Well, I'm not such an ignorant person when it comes to knowing how to speak to others, but I have some difficulties approaching others

The thing is, I'm bad at starting conversations with others but not bad at handling them when they're in progress. When I have to say the first words, that's where my difficulties starts. But I am a lot better at it when the other person had started the conversation with me first and all I have left to do is answer and go from there

Is there any good way of getting others to approach me first, so I won't have to myself?

For example, I'd like trying to ask girls out, but I want them to approach me first. To do that, I'd assume I need to make her notice I'm there first, without using any words

Can someone please think of good ways to do that? It can be when I am in a dancehall, a party, a club, or even in everyday places like a mall or a shopping center

I know its more difficult without using any words, but there has to be a way to make her notice me and make her open her mouth first

One thing I have already tried, is I have sat down really close to her, and looked towards her and smiled. But in most of the times I have done that, she simply didn't care and didnt say anything, or in rare cases, she simply walked away / went to sit in a different place

There has to be more efficient ways of making her talk to me, in a way that would eventually lead to phone number exchange / date arrangement

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 6:55 am

Get your bodyfat % down to 7-8% and build some muscle.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 7:22 am

Bust out into a break-dance that is so amazing that it compels the girls to approach and talk to you.
Worked for me before. Make sure your performance includes lots of splits and back-hand-springs and acrobatics.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 7:34 am

I have an idea!

Listen, this is called oxytocin. I extracted it from a vole. Do you know what a vole is, Koehn? You know what a vole is? It's a it's a rodent that mates for life, Kohen. This is the chemical released in a mammal's brain, you know, that makes it fall in love. All right, Kohen, I just got to *burp* combine it with some of your DNA.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Jan 2017, 8:53 am

Make lots of money

Kohen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Jan 2017, 9:29 am

Quote:

Are you sure that can make it work? They didn't even notice I'm sitting there...

Quote:
Bust out into a break-dance that is so amazing that it compels the girls to approach and talk to you.
Worked for me before. Make sure your performance includes lots of splits and back-hand-springs and acrobatics.

I'm bad at these things. Needless to say, I dont want to show off to girls or anything. I just want to think of a genuine way of making her notice me, without using words...

Quote:
I have an idea!

Listen, this is called oxytocin. I extracted it from a vole. Do you know what a vole is, Koehn? You know what a vole is? It's a it's a rodent that mates for life, Kohen. This is the chemical released in a mammal's brain, you know, that makes it fall in love. All right, Kohen, I just got to *burp* combine it with some of your DNA.

If you wanted to be sarcastic, there are more creative ways of doing that...

Quote:
Make lots of money

The last thing I would want is to be with a woman who's with me just for my money...

I'd like to point out guys - I was genuinely asking, yet all of the answers appear sarcastic and/or making fun of the subject. Is that because the question is stupid / has an obvious answer, or, what . . . ?

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 9:36 am

Learn to do something performance wise. Learn to play a guitar for example.

Kohen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Jan 2017, 9:39 am

Luhluhluh wrote:

Yeah - I think we're touching a really good point here. Really good point.

I mean, it doesn't necessarily have to be a guitar, or even music related - but it can be something I'm doing, that everyone can see and get impressed. Then it can attract other people, including other girls, to approach me. But I mean, what else can it be other than music? I'm really trying to think... because playing guitar/music in the streets or in front of people isn't an option for me at the moment.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 9:44 am

Get a cute uncommon pet, like a squirrel, or finch bird... or a chinchilla!

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 9:56 am

Kohen wrote:
Luhluhluh wrote:

Yeah - I think we're touching a really good point here. Really good point.

I mean, it doesn't necessarily have to be a guitar, or even music related - but it can be something I'm doing, that everyone can see and get impressed. Then it can attract other people, including other girls, to approach me. But I mean, what else can it be other than music? I'm really trying to think... because playing guitar/music in the streets or in front of people isn't an option for me at the moment.

You would not necessarily be able to do these things in the street, but just off the top of my head - drama performances, music, painting, sketching, photography... and I'm kind of drawing a blank at the moment.

The great thing about these sorts of activities (with the exception of drama of course) is that you can hide behind something and let it initially speak for you. Like the camera. My partner is into photography and he has several very elaborate cameras, so people will stop and talk to him just to ask about the camera itself.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 10:01 am

Kohen wrote:
I'd like to point out guys - I was genuinely asking, yet all of the answers appear sarcastic and/or making fun of the subject. Is that because the question is stupid / has an obvious answer, or, what . . . ?

It's a literal answer, women as a general rule do not approach men and there isn't much you can do to change that besides having lots and lots of money...

Get a dog maybe and walk it around? I've heard people use them as icebreakers before

Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jan 2017, 10:33 am

Closet Genious wrote:

12-15%. 6-8% is not very plausible, unless you're on steroids.

Kohen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Jan 2017, 10:35 am

All the ideas are interesting, but there is also a need to think of a good place to be doing these things, and whether it would actually attract women to approach me about it. If it were to be painting, something which I like to do, it'd have to be at home since I cant be doing it outside, without the required tools and a table. And at home, no one except family can see me doing things. So anything that comes to mind, needs to be well thought about whether it can actually be done in front of other women or not, and where it should be done, what time of the day, how, etc... It's not as simple as you guys are describing it.

But women do approach when there is something that interests her to approach about. I'm sure about that... money attracts women, like you said Jacoby, but if you would keep going out with a woman who only cares about money, you'll end up homeless and starving one day!

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 11:32 am

A puppy or dog that is cute so they come up to you and ask questions about it (the only reason I would talk to a stanger).

I think sitting and staring at someone would come off as very confusing. Like what if they are staring at you because you look weird.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 11:37 am

If you want girls to talk to you first, there must first be a reason for them to do so.
The cute dog idea works, or maybe something that reflects your hobbies or the activity you did that day - do you play an instrument? Carry it around. Do you hike? Wear the gear on the day you went/will go. Do you like art? Wear your worst paint jumper and a nice aftershave :P you get it?

If none of those work, then work on your looks and approachability.
If none of THAT works, then approach women.
If THAT doesn't work.....

:shrug: :help:

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 12:27 pm

A dog is probably a good idea for more than just a potential ice breaker just for the companionship they provide on their own, it forces you to get out and walkabout when you otherwise wouldn't which for me would be a big thing since I go thru cycles where I can't force myself to leave the house. I wish I could have one but my apartment is too small and its just too much responsibility for me right now while in school and trying to juggle everything else. I browse OKCupid a lot just to see what people put on their profile, I'm much to anxious to actually message people, but I notice a lot women really like dogs or at least the ones that do make it a big part of their life.