Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

cricketman123
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jan 2017, 4:28 pm

Hi, i was very upset on Saturday, but i realized i was actually being very silly. On Tuesday i actually spoke to one of the hair & beauty girls at my college and had a conversation with her, but me being so excited forgot to ask her name.

Then in the evening i went to my drama and i was proud i was the most able one there other then my mate and today i had a exam which i felt went really well.

I know this is only just the start and i have a long way to go.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 5:50 pm

Good stuff. I'm glad you're feeling positive. The thing to remember is to take things one step at a time. And very importantly if something goes wrong, don't feel like everything has fallen apart. Get up, dust yourself off and keep going. You'll fall down again and again because everyone does, but keep going because you will also have good things again and again and those are the things to focus on rather than the times when things are on a low ebb.

Now if only i could take my own advice ;)

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 6:50 pm

Good man. Yes, so keep at it! :)

MsV
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jan 2017, 8:16 pm

Sounds like things have gotten better! Congrats! Remember to do things at your own pace so that you don't "overload" - can be frustrating when that happens!
Carpe those diems and enjoy discovering your full potential 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 8:57 am

Yes, you are doing better.. but you're very anxious.

I say this because you asked this question a few times in your other thread, impatiently, before anyone replied. Then again here in a new thread. Granted, the other thread is long.. but still. I'm just pointing this out because if you communicate with a potential new friend like this it might be off putting for them. Ie if you text them and ask a question and they don't reply instantly and you get anxious and text them again and again and again before they have a chance to reply then you might just scare them off.

Eventually you'll just know you're doing better and you won't need others' validation to realize and accept it. That's when you'll truly be doing worlds better, IMO, and I hope you get there bit by bit. But for now it's just fine if you need to ask and get that pat on the back, nothing really wrong with it, but it does show you're not quite sure of yourself. Once you are though, you'll know it when you feel it.. and it's a good feeling. 8)

cricketman123
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2017, 10:44 am

Yeah i know i asked that question a few times but nobody was replying and i wanted to know.

And i wouldn't constantly next anyone like that because i know they might need space/time to answer.