Page 13 of 17 [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 2:54 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Not realistic, and most guys here don't have any relationship experiences at all, not a series of relationship with abusive people. So it's a different story.

Outrider once tried to rub his and Retrogamer's hilariously bad relationships in my face for some reason. Lol.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 4:59 am

androbot01 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
Bitterness is a waste of time. The whole romance/marriage thing is a fairy tale created by society to keep people in line. It's a myth, it doesn't exist. Even people who are supposedly successful together usually end up splitting eventually.
Being bitter about the lack of a partner is like being bitter because you don't have a magical pony.

Not true. I'm fed up of unsuccessful in relationships type people telling single people this. There are people out there who are happy in their relationships. Don't dismiss how other people feel due to the fact that it's not how you feel.

And your comment is bitter, therefore cancels itself out. "I'm bitter, but there's no point being bitter because of bitter reasons" is essentially what you just said.

Well, I'm less bitter than I used to be. It has made a difference finding out that the playing field is not level after all. Sure some people are successful with their partners; it happens. But I think it's the exception rather than the rule.

To paraphrase Allen, relationships are totally crazy, irrational, and absurd, but we keep going through it because we need the eggs. :D

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 7:06 am

RightGalaxy wrote:
It wouldn't be right to refer to all females in a general way. I feel that aspies should be with other aspies who they have things in common with. Even if you have things in common with an NT woman, it's not going to work. NT and AS people are two separate neuro worlds. When it comes to friends and intimates, you're better off staying away from the NT world. I'm not saying that you won't experience heartbreak in the AS world. It's possible but in the NT world, heartbreak is guaranteed. Infidelity is guaranteed. We just can't be with them. Frankly, they give me a headache.

Frankly that is ridiculous and very judgemental. "Heartbreak and infidelity is guaranteed" is a big statement to make about a large group of people. Not all NTs are like that. Saying that would be the same as saying "all Aspies are dumb"(not my personal opinion). Which we all know isn't true.

Also there are alot of successful aspie NT relationships. :D

I'm sorry if you have had bad experiences but you cannot paint everyone with the same brush

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 7:28 am

Sadly i agree Alliekit and have found many aspie women share your opinion

Many aspie women here have said they wouldn't date an aspie male if they were available, and the ones that claim they would just so happen to be with NT men.

It doesn't matter if they're shy/awkward/nerdy/goth/metalhead/"weirdo" NT men - they are still NT.

Plenty of aspie women here also identify as aromantic asexuals with no need for romantic love, and some are also LG or T but rarely B it seems.

I do see LGBT men here but they seem more rare.

It seems aspie men are more likely to be bisexual or gay, and women lesbian, transgender, asexual or gender queer.

Even if the aspie men wanted to date aspie women, which some of them actually would be very willing to, including I use to, it seems some aspie women want little/nothing to do with us

Esecially because we're all fat, lazy, jobless whiny bitter misogynists who "clearly arent even trying to overcome their difficulties".

Some female users also constantly thrown those insults at aspie men.

And you wonder why some of them are bitter in the first place when their "own kind" don't even want anything to do with them romance wise.

This doesn't apply to all aspie women but is true for some.

And don't try and argue to me aspie men don't want to date aspie women, either. I am the only example of this I have ever met on this website. Most of the other men don't appear to mind.

Besides, id still give a nice compatible aspie girl a chance if she were willing to give me one.

MsV
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Jan 2017, 7:54 am

Outrider wrote:
I honestly don't think I can.

If Wrong planet is any indication, I'm not interested in the vast majority of women here.

Many aspie women are LGBT or gender queer and while I'd date a bisexual girl, i either can't date LGT/GQ women or obviously they don't want to date me.

Wrongplanet is an oversensitive politically correct granny site and both the easily offended men and women turn me off from wanting to interact with them further.

Some but not all aspie women have the same or similar high standards in what they want in a partner just like NT women.

I've seen some ofnthem say they can't date another aspie man because bthen he 'stops her from improving herself' or they think he's 'clearly not tryingn to overcome his apergers at all' even if he very well may be.

As you can clearly see in this very thread some of them think we are all too bitter when they have no idea what we've been through.

I don't care wat they think though.

I either want ton date an nt girl or one with disabilities such as anxiety disorders, a girl with agoraphobia like me, etc. But probably not an aspie girl.

Any woman who doesn't want men to complain online, ever, is simply not the gal for me.

Some of them are politically far left, or even fall into the SJW category.

Some of them appear tpbhave nerdy/geeky personalities (I'm simply not attracted to this, I use to be but I'm just not compatible with nerdy females no matter how Much I wish I was)

Overall it seems some also have just plain 'weird' and quirky personalities.

I am very average, typical, laid back down to earth and desire the same in a woman.

Not some aspie far left feminist writer musician actor world traveling artist gamer hipster emo vegan pandrobi-gendered sapioromantic types.

I almost never meet real life aspie women, ever and the one aspie girl i met innhigh school was a big geek, very odd and quirky, she rejected me, good thing though as I realized a few months later she's really not my type. She creepily took photos of her friends anytime she wanted without permission and I had to tell her I don't want her to take any of me, she loved studying diseases and dictators in history as took sadistic pleasure into the kind of dark torture stories, bisexual, very into bdsm, had a very dirty mind and constantly made disgusting sexual jokes. Very sarcastic and dry humor personality (i find sarcastic and dry humor daria type personalitiea a big turn off innreal life even if i like to watch daria.)

If you're an aspie woman and ALMOST none of the above, just an ordinary woman with some social difficulties, you're truly rare indeed in my opinion, probably halfway across the world anyway, too young, too old, wouldn't be interested in me anyway possibly. i don't even choose to have online friends most of the time anyway, let alone dare ever have an online relationship.

Slw1990 is probably one of the most ordinary and plain women on this website, in a good way.

If more aspie females were like her, maybe then I'd prefer aspie women over nt women.

So you too have high standards.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 8:38 am

Im not sure what your talking about. It looks like it yes but I wasnt trying to.

I cant date LGBT women, not because I don't want to but obviously gay women dont want to date me.

I would date a bisexual girl because i am myself.

I would date an asexual woman who never wants sex as long as she wants love.

Many aspie women here though say they dont want love or sex, so obviously i can't date them because they don't want to date anyone.

I'm not compatible with nerd/geek women. That doesn't mean i think they are not good enough for me, its just I've tried to date or be friends with nerd girl but no we aren't compatible.

We are too different, there are many things about them I dont like (does not make them bad people just means i dont like it) and theres many things they dont like about me. I wish I could be with them but it just doesn't work.

Alli want is a super plain, boring girl with not many hobbies or interests.

An average looking girl who looks very plain and average, down to earth and friendly,heterosexual or asexual but wants love or bisexual, and with a very ordinary persoality.

Many aspie women here seem super quirky and different nthan the other women. Im not attracted to super unique women.

You'd think my standards were low since super normal women are easier tonfind than super unique ones.

MsV
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Jan 2017, 9:24 am

Maybe what I meant to say was that you actually proved it's not about women/men having certain standards which are set in stone somewhere. It's about personal preference.
Actually that could be a good thing to keep in mind: rejection is just about the other person's individual preference and therefore doesn't necessarily imply anything other than "hey ok I am not what this specific person is looking for". Even if it happens multiple times, still valid.
In Dutch there's a saying: there's a lid for every container (there's someone out there who will love and accept you for exactly who you are). Doesn't mean you can't be the best version of you to the best of your capacity but I think that's something you should do to make yourself happy.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 9:51 am

MsV wrote:
Maybe what I meant to say was that you actually proved it's not about women/men having certain standards which are set in stone somewhere. It's about personal preference.
Actually that could be a good thing to keep in mind: rejection is just about the other person's individual preference and therefore doesn't necessarily imply anything other than "hey ok I am not what this specific person is looking for". Even if it happens multiple times, still valid.
In Dutch there's a saying: there's a lid for every container (there's someone out there who will love and accept you for exactly who you are). Doesn't mean you can't be the best version of you to the best of your capacity but I think that's something you should do to make yourself happy.

Definitely!!

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jan 2017, 11:19 am

RightGalaxy wrote:
Women this , women that. Did you forget that there is a world's difference between NT women and AS women. NT should be with NT. AS should stay with AS. That's the solution to the problem. So many women bash men too before they realize that they should stop dating sociopaths. Men this , men that. It's not a case about all women or all men, it's "who". I knew a girl who constantly complained about how evil men are. Here's what she dated:
a married man, a junkie, a sociopath, an alcoholic, a bisexual, and a guy who could barely speak English. Was it no wonder that she was sad? AS men need to find decent AS women who they have things in common with. NT men need to find decent NT women who they have things in common with.

that's what i'm trying to do:meeting a girl or woman who has aspergers like i do & someone who is drawn to me

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 11:56 am

Outrider wrote:

Many aspie women here have said they wouldn't date an aspie male if they were available, and the ones that claim they would just so happen to be with NT men.

It doesn't matter if they're shy/awkward/nerdy/goth/metalhead/"weirdo" NT men - they are still NT.

Plenty of aspie women here also identify as aromantic asexuals with no need for romantic love, and some are also LG or T but rarely B it seems.

It seems aspie men are more likely to be bisexual or gay, and women lesbian, transgender, asexual or gender queer.

Even if the aspie men wanted to date aspie women, which some of them actually would be very willing to, including I use to, it seems some aspie women want little/nothing to do with us

Esecially because we're all fat, lazy, jobless whiny bitter misogynists who "clearly arent even trying to overcome their difficulties".

And you wonder why some of them are bitter in the first place when their "own kind" don't even want anything to do with them romance wise.

And don't try and argue to me aspie men don't want to date aspie women, either. I am the only example of this I have ever met on this website. Most of the other men don't appear to mind.

Besides, id still give a nice compatible aspie girl a chance if she were willing to give me one.

If you have no interest in dating autistic women then why do you even care if they're uninterested in autistic men?

Onyxaxe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jan 2017, 6:14 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
Outrider wrote:

If you have no interest in dating autistic women then why do you even care if they're uninterested in autistic men?

+1

"Esecially because we're all fat, lazy, jobless whiny bitter misogynists who "clearly arent even trying to overcome their difficulties".

Some female users also constantly thrown those insults at aspie men."

I throw these insults at all men that fit these descriptions. I don't think they're particular to aspie men. I'm looking for compatibility, you can't blame me for wanting to date someone who was able to overcome emotional hurdles just like me. It's not like I owe you anything. I can't get along with people that feel sorry for themselves.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 12:09 am

A lot of N.T. women tend to want a man who is independent, lives alone, has a successful job, is educated, owns a car, drives, etc.

Men with Aspergers or other mental disorders tend to struggle to do these things more than the average man. Aspie women too.

So for some aspie men these things are incredibly difficult or just plain not going to be possibly to achieve in the near-future entirely.

It's not about entitlement, it's about flexibility.

You would think women with Aspergers would be more flexible and willing to give a guy with Aspergers who may still live with his parents or can't drive yet a chance because she would understand what he's going through.

There are plenty of women here who are empathetic to the struggles aspie men face but are still not willing to date them, such as hurtloam being sympathetic to aspie men but not willing to date a man who still lives at home, for instance.

I've noticed many N.T. men and women want someone at the same 'level' as them, particularly women but also men too.

If they are educated, successful and have a high income, they desire the same in a partner. People like to date same level or up but rarely 'date-down'.

So, you'd think aspie women might be even the slightest bit more willing to 'date down' but like N.T. women, some of them have the same "I improved. You can too. I will not date you because you are choosing not to improve." attitude that many N.T. women have.

It's probably N.T. people who are probably most likely to think we just aren't trying in life, it would be absolutely disgraceful if other people with Asperger's think most men aren't trying or most women aren't trying.

As Jacoby said earlier, some people here have NO idea how hard some of the men and women have to try and still see little/no results.

How many aspie men and women here instead can say "Okay, I see you really ARE trying to improve yourself and your life, but find it difficult. I'll still try a relationship because I appreciate your effort and it is something to be admired with how hardworking you have been despite your difficulties. Normally I need a man at the same level of independence and success in life as I am, but I'm willing to give you a chance."

This is of course a mutual attraction already exists.

Because it's perfectly possible to be attracted to someone but still choose not to be with them because they don't have a job at the time, still live with their parents, etc.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 2:06 am

Outrider wrote:
You would think women with Aspergers would be more flexible and willing to give a guy with Aspergers who may still live with his parents or can't drive yet a chance because she would understand what he's going through.

But like Boo says, most of them eventually find a desirable partner. However, I don't understand why the remaining ones are willing to stay alone rather than give up some standards.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 3:23 am

Outrider wrote:
A lot of N.T. women tend to want a man who is independent, lives alone, has a successful job, is educated, owns a car, drives, etc.

Men with Aspergers or other mental disorders tend to struggle to do these things more than the average man. Aspie women too.

So for some aspie men these things are incredibly difficult or just plain not going to be possibly to achieve in the near-future entirely.

It's not about entitlement, it's about flexibility.

There are plenty of women here who are empathetic to the struggles aspie men face but are still not willing to date them, such as hurtloam being sympathetic to aspie men but not willing to date a man who still lives at home, for instance.

I've noticed many N.T. men and women want someone at the same 'level' as them, particularly women but also men too.

If they are educated, successful and have a high income, they desire the same in a partner. People like to date same level or up but rarely 'date-down'.

So, you'd think aspie women might be even the slightest bit more willing to 'date down' but like N.T. women, some of them have the same "I improved. You can too. I will not date you because you are choosing not to improve." attitude that many N.T. women have.

It's probably N.T. people who are probably most likely to think we just aren't trying in life, it would be absolutely disgraceful if other people with Asperger's think most men aren't trying or most women aren't trying.

As Jacoby said earlier, some people here have NO idea how hard some of the men and women have to try and still see little/no results.

How many aspie men and women here instead can say "Okay, I see you really ARE trying to improve yourself and your life, but find it difficult. I'll still try a relationship because I appreciate your effort and it is something to be admired with how hardworking you have been despite your difficulties. Normally I need a man at the same level of independence and success in life as I am, but I'm willing to give you a chance."

This is of course a mutual attraction already exists.

Because it's perfectly possible to be attracted to someone but still choose not to be with them because they don't have a job at the time, still live with their parents, etc.

I would argue that age is a massive factor. If your in your 20s then you are pretty ok dating a man who lives with his parents (like my partner does) but when your in your 30s (like hurtloam) you want someone who is more indepentdent because your mature enough that you don't want to do the whole 'trying to have sex or hang out when parents are in the next room'

Also I said I wouldn't be keen because of the bitterness I witnessed. I would have happily before I came on this site but bitterness can express itself in frightening ways in real life.

Also empathy is not a strong trait in aspies.

Lockheart
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jan 2017, 4:29 am

Alliekit wrote:
Outrider wrote:

I would argue that age is a massive factor. If your in your 20s then you are pretty ok dating a man who lives with his parents (like my partner does) but when your in your 30s (like hurtloam) you want someone who is more indepentdent because your mature enough that you don't want to do the whole 'trying to have sex or hang out when parents are in the next room'.

I would agree that age is a big consideration, for the reasons Alliekit has mentioned and because older women might not want to have a relationship with someone whose history suggests they can't be self-sufficient. For myself, if a bloke still lives with his parents after his mid-to-late 30s, I'd wonder if my role in the relationship would be "surrogate parent", which is not a situation I want for myself. I'd rather be alone.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 5:31 am

I'd be ecstatic to find out how to find a place I can afford on part time income.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...