Why do other guys have the freedom of choice but I don't?

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 1:40 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
That's a fine example why you should never reveal your AS diagnosis or even your suspicion of having it to anyone.

Let people think you're introvert or weird, it is still far better - ASBURGER sounds bad and scary, and has a bad reputation in media.

AS should be a secret for you, and you only. Not even your girlfriend has to know about it.

My gf knows nothing about it, she doesn't know about AS nor about WP, but she is aware that i am very introvert (she's extrovert) and that's how she describes me, and she associates my lack of expressing affection to this , I don't want her to google about Asperger and see all these negative stories by NT women about their AS spouses, but she can google about Extrovert-Introvert relationships - and that's enough - , I don't believe an extra weird-sounding label would do any better.

I just see AS as a label for specific personality traits. Your partner will know your personality, what they don't need is a label that'll distract them from the person and instead associate stereotypes with you. It's not like they can scan your brain and point to the part that shows you have autism.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 1:46 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
That's a fine example why you should never reveal your AS diagnosis or even your suspicion of having it to anyone.

Let people think you're introvert or weird, it is still far better - ASBURGER sounds bad and scary, and has a bad reputation in media.

AS should be a secret for you, and you only. Not even your girlfriend has to know about it.

My gf knows nothing about it, she doesn't know about AS nor about WP, but she is aware that i am very introvert (she's extrovert) and that's how she describes me, and she associates my lack of expressing affection to this , I don't want her to google about Asperger and see all these negative stories by NT women about their AS spouses, but she can google about Extrovert-Introvert relationships - and that's enough - , I don't believe an extra weird-sounding label would do any better.

I just see AS as a label for specific personality traits. Your partner will know your personality, what they don't need is a label that'll distract them from the person and instead associate stereotypes with you. It's not like they can scan your brain and point to the part that shows you have autism.

Well put.

AS has a very little scientific basis anyway, it is still only a psychiatric label, not a medical diagnosis existing in real medical books.

I advise men very strongly to never reveal it, and if you start living with your partner, delete your internet history on all devices, and if you must just browse WP in incognito mode when you're alone.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 4:08 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I advise men very strongly to never reveal it, and if you start living with your partner, delete your internet history on all devices, and if you must just browse WP in incognito mode when you're alone.

Out of curiosity: why just men? Do you think women with AS shouldn't do it? If so, what is the difference? Or did you just use the word "men" despite meaning "everyone?"

fiber bundle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Oct 2017, 10:55 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Well put.

AS has a very little scientific basis anyway, it is still only a psychiatric label, not a medical diagnosis existing in real medical books.

Autism spectrum disorder is a real neurological condition.

Sometime World
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Oct 2017, 9:17 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Actually, if people are treating you like s**t without provocation, chances are they’re horrible people and it’s nothing to do with you.

Why would you be nasty if they haven’t done anything to piss you off?

You’re allowed to be not attracted to others. Why would you be nasty unless they’re harassing you? I Only feel anger when the guy continues to make me feel extremely uncomfortable. It’s not really fair to act all “eww that guy is ugly gigle giggle whisper”. Maybe I just can’t relate to 14 year old girls anymore?

So adult women that are just nasty without provocation to men they find unattractive-looking, or ugly or "eww" in appearance are all frozen, immature 14-year-old girls? I really don't think so. One thing i notice is women never grow out of this behavior. They just try to be more secretive about it. "Eww" has got to be one of the most used words in the modern western woman's daily vocabulary.

I hear late-20 somethings call guys "eww" or "no way!" when they're scrolling through Tinder, dating sites and what not. I hear it in bars and nightclubs (where 14-year-old girls are not allowed to go for another 4 years yet). I've heard women aged in their 50's say to their female friend "eww if that stunted guy sits near me then I'm off" when on railway station platforms waiting for their train.

The more I read accounts like yours, the more I understand why strict religious communities do what they must to manage their women. If a guy gets mistreated throughout his 20's and falls off the wagon in anger and rebellion, he's still got plenty of time to get back on. But a woman - in spite of what feminism has been telling her for the past several decades - decidedly does NOT have much time in her life to get it right if she mistreats men throughout her 20's because 99% of them are too "eww" for her holier-than-thou snowflake self.