Shahunshah wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Hey guys can we try and keep it linked to the op and not about our own personal hates? There is already a similar post about personal taste of what makes someone unattractive :)
I think it allows people to get an idea of what is considered attractive unattractive. Maybe if people discuss, they might find that they have many things in common. I don't know but that could help us figure out what is considered unattractive in many people's eyes.

There is already another thread about that though and I don't want this one closed because there are 2 exactly the same.
Conversations flow man. And heck this is kind of relevant. I think...

Why do you think it matters just wondering?

The thing is that personal taste is just that personal taste. If someone came on here and took every persons dislikes and tried to fit into it they would fail miserably.

I want to talk about the scientifically suggested traits majority find unatractive in the hopes it may help some.

I'm not saying it's personal tastes aren't important just that there is already another place discussing that and it's a pretty talked about thing. It will eventually turn into a "well why don't you like that" thing I think.

I can find and put a link to the other post if you want?
The way I personally see it is that we are still trying to figure things out. For that reason discussing personal tastes might be useful, it allows people to talk about them and see if it applies to the majority of people.

Imagine you had a thread dominated by big cynics like Face of Boo, who profess to know what the majority is like, you wouldn't get any kind of alternative viewpoint. And heck maybe those who will get into relationships with aspies are in the minority so finding out what they like can be a good thing.

Fair enough but If my thread is exactly the jsame as the other won't it get close for a double post or something?

No I don't think so and besides that discussion might get revived for later.

That was my main concern I do understand personal taste can be important to I was never disagreeing with you about that. Was just trying to distinguish this post from the other.

Well you must have found your thread quite interesting. What kinds of things did you talk about?

palmtoka
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Mar 2017, 5:33 am

Alliekit wrote:
palmtoka wrote:
If you would prefer this thread to be scientific, you could have explained that in the original post to begin with.
Talking about personal tastes on what makes someone unattractive, still follows the thread title and what is meant to be discussed on the thread IMO.

I'm only bothered about looking like I've copied the other thread. Do you always explain yourself perfectly?

why are people acting like I'm trying to stop them talking because I have some issue with what they are talking about :(

No, I don't. I'm just trying to clear things up because I was confused when I figured out that the other thread you mentioned opened before this thread (chronologically). Honestly, I felt as if I was told to refrain from making comments on this thread. You DO need help. That's what I wanted to know.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 6:12 am

Shahunshah wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Hey guys can we try and keep it linked to the op and not about our own personal hates? There is already a similar post about personal taste of what makes someone unattractive :)
I think it allows people to get an idea of what is considered attractive unattractive. Maybe if people discuss, they might find that they have many things in common. I don't know but that could help us figure out what is considered unattractive in many people's eyes.

There is already another thread about that though and I don't want this one closed because there are 2 exactly the same.

The thing is that personal taste is just that personal taste. If someone came on here and took every persons dislikes and tried to fit into it they would fail miserably.

I want to talk about the scientifically suggested traits majority find unatractive in the hopes it may help some.

I'm not saying it's personal tastes aren't important just that there is already another place discussing that and it's a pretty talked about thing. It will eventually turn into a "well why don't you like that" thing I think.

The way I personally see it is that we are still trying to figure things out. For that reason discussing personal tastes might be useful, it allows people to talk about them and see if it applies to the majority of people.

Imagine you had a thread dominated by big cynics like Face of Boo, who profess to know what the majority is like, you wouldn't get any kind of alternative viewpoint. And heck maybe those who will get into relationships with aspies are in the minority so finding out what they like can be a good thing.

Fair enough but If my thread is exactly the jsame as the other won't it get close for a double post or something?

That was my main concern I do understand personal taste can be important to I was never disagreeing with you about that. Was just trying to distinguish this post from the other.

Well you must have found your thread quite interesting. What kinds of things did you talk about?

I don't understand the question? I was very interested on others views of the topic.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 2:39 pm

Alliekit wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Alliekit wrote:

I don't understand the question? I was very interested on others views of the topic.
I was wondering what kinds of things you found on that particular topic?