What makes someone unattractive?

Page 2 of 9 [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 8:16 pm

I'm going to be honest. If I'm enthusiastic about something, I want another person whom I discussing my enthusiasm with to be at least a little enthusiastic. Neutral facial expressions tend to bother me when I'm discussing something good that happened to me.

If somebody found a cure for cancer of all types, I would be quite enthusiastic--and I would want others to be enthusiastic, too. If I'm discussing how millions of lives can be saved in total, I probably wouldn't want there to be a neutral expression in the person next to me. It would depress me.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 12:17 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
Lunella wrote:
Quote:
The "power pose" is a controversial topic in the scientific community. A 2010 study found that expanding your body can make you feel more powerful and confident, but one of its authors recently said the effects aren't real.

All that comes to mind is this:

bahaha they look so silly, especially the first a***hole.

First guy looks ridicilous. He's trying to project confidence, but winds up projecting "has to pee badly.". The lady looks exactly like what I would expect an upper middle-age woman with no training trying to assume a boxing stance to look like. Third guys looks distracted and indecisive (he's looking one way, but his feet are pointing almost the opposite direction, as though whe wants to leave right now, but can't). The man in the black and white photo actually pulls it off rather well.

The first one looks like Pee Wee Herman.

stream26
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Mar 2017, 4:05 am

I appreciate people who are really good in their respective fields but if
someone is just that and nothing more then, in most cases, I assume, they have been given a knack for that particular talent and they have just been lucky to realize it.
Someone having an open mind and be all ears in trying to understand other's point of view and someone who is not very judgemental. I think, all of us are
judgemental to a certain degree but reacting to something/someone, without even trying to understand the situation irks me to no bounds.
Smile. I am really down on this one. A person who is laughing/smiling, and is high on life is damn attractive. No second guesses there.

qFox
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Mar 2017, 3:33 pm

Attractiveness is 90% genetics. A really attractive guy that isn't socially impaired that smokes, drinks and doesn't eat healthy will still be seen as attractive. Even if he treats women badly, jumps from one partner to the other and doesn't take care of himself he will still be seen as attractive. He can get away with anything that would make the average guy seem like a "creep".

A guy that isn't attractive might at most make himself average by putting in immense amount of work getting physically fit, having a healthy diet, building up a career and developing some kind of talent. An average guy can get away with just being average.

So if you ask what makes someone unattractive? It is when the average guy failed at making a career or when a guy that doesn't posses good genetics hasn't put in the ridiculous amount of work to be considered a baseline human by women.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 3:46 pm

qFox wrote:
Attractiveness is 90% genetics. A really attractive guy that isn't socially impaired that smokes, drinks and doesn't eat healthy will still be seen as attractive. Even if he treats women badly, jumps from one partner to the other and doesn't take care of himself he will still be seen as attractive. He can get away with anything that would make the average guy seem like a "creep".

A guy that isn't attractive might at most make himself average by putting in immense amount of work getting physically fit, having a healthy diet, building up a career and developing some kind of talent. An average guy can get away with just being average.

So if you ask what makes someone unattractive? It is when the average guy failed at making a career or when a guy that doesn't posses good genetics hasn't put in the ridiculous amount of work to be considered a baseline human by women.

Did yo read the article? I'm only asking because that's what this thread is about. What's the point in just re-hashing things that have been said before. If we keep the thread focussed on comments about the article then it at least makes it a bit different to other threads and maybe a bit more interesting.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 5:06 pm

sometimes I feel I'm in a MRAs forum
why do some guys like so much to speak badly about woman???

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 5:40 pm

ltcvnzl wrote:

Because it's easier to blame external forces that you feel you have no control over rather than to try and improve yourself.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 8:32 pm

hurtloam wrote:
qFox wrote:

Did yo read the article? I'm only asking because that's what this thread is about. What's the point in just re-hashing things that have been said before. If we keep the thread focussed on comments about the article then it at least makes it a bit different to other threads and maybe a bit more interesting.

Yep completely agree with you

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 9:43 pm

hurtloam wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:

Because it's easier to blame external forces that you feel you have no control over rather than to try and improve yourself.
Sometimes external forces are to blame. I didn't realize this at first but I firmly believe it is the case, if you talk to people like Auntblubby you will see that some of these people were simply deprived of the opportunities others had to grow and make themselves appealing to women. It is sort of like a Malcolm X effect. A sense of anger at not being able to live a good life, creates an extreme sense of anger.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 10:04 pm

hurtloam, ltcvnzl consider the ways you would meet a partner or have met one , then consider this, would many autistic people have all of those.

I am 16 currently and I have a pretty good life ahead of me, but put me into another family, a less accepting environment than I could easily end up being like one of those Men's rights activists you mentioned.

The story isn't one sided these peoples frustrations are legitimate, we got to reach out to these people, not say get off your ass, the same way a right winger refers to a "Welfare bum."

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 10:09 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm going to be honest. If I'm enthusiastic about something, I want another person whom I discussing my enthusiasm with to be at least a little enthusiastic. Neutral facial expressions tend to bother me when I'm discussing something good that happened to me.

If somebody found a cure for cancer of all types, I would be quite enthusiastic--and I would want others to be enthusiastic, too. If I'm discussing how millions of lives can be saved in total, I probably wouldn't want there to be a neutral expression in the person next to me. It would depress me.

Yes, when someone is being enthusiastic about something I smile with them. I just think that it's unfair and narrow-minded to label someone as mean, dumb ect. when they unintentionally have a blank expression on their face.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 10:39 pm

Blaming others for one's loneliness is a subconscious defensive measure. Once you realize that loneliness is a result of your own worthlessness, you fall into deep depression and since you're all alone nobody is going to even care, making depression that much more powerful.

It's only natural to claw onto any excuse you can to avoid admitting to yourself what you truly are.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 10:49 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
Blaming others for one's loneliness is a subconscious defensive measure. Once you realize that loneliness is a result of your own worthlessness, you fall into deep depression and since you're all alone nobody is going to even care, making depression that much more powerful.

It's only natural to claw onto any excuse you can to avoid admitting to yourself what you truly are.

That is a superficial way of looking into this I believe. Most people have things to offer, kindness, intelligence, a sense of humor, emotional support etc.

And even without that you can develop things to offer.

Not many people, next to no one in fact is worthless.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 10:54 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

That is a superficial way of looking into this I believe. Most people have things to offer, kindness, intelligence, a sense of humor, emotional support etc.

It's not superficial or mean-spirited, it's straight from the heart.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 10:55 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

It's not superficial or mean-spirited, it's straight from the heart.
Straight from your gut more like. Tell me Sabreclaw are some things you like about yourself?

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 11:04 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:

I disagree that "worthlessness" is the correct term. While it's true one could be excluded from a group or social circle because those in the group or social circle see no worth in that person, most of us are not stuck on an island with one group of people. But I do believe that those here on Wrongplanet often suffer from loneliness due to their own social shortcomings. It does not mean other don't or wouldn't value them, but the process of forging the relationship might be difficult.