Not approached in bars anymore!

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

I have bulked up a noticble amount compared to a year ago although I am still in the healthy weight zone for my height of 5ft7.

My parents in the past have advised me against getting more muscular because it tends to make you look 'shorter'. I am quite a moody aggressive person if I don't get my own way and that combined with a muscular body can make me seem threatening?

More to the point when I now go out to bars less women than before approach me and talk to me since I have put on muscle or they outright ignore me. Oddly though women do notice me more out and about in town during the daytime.

Do you think maybe I should aim to lean down a bit? :?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 6:44 pm

The only women who have ever approached me in a bar were drunk women.

Zed90230
Raven
Raven

21 Mar 2017, 6:48 pm

The only women who ever approached me in bars were drunk women who were old enough to be my mother.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 11:04 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I have bulked up a noticble amount compared to a year ago although I am still in the healthy weight zone for my height of 5ft7.

My parents in the past have advised me against getting more muscular because it tends to make you look 'shorter'. I am quite a moody aggressive person if I don't get my own way and that combined with a muscular body can make me seem threatening?

More to the point when I now go out to bars less women than before approach me and talk to me since I have put on muscle or they outright ignore me. Oddly though women do notice me more out and about in town during the daytime.

It's really up to you. There's a misconception among the PUA crowd that the more muscle the better, but most women don't seem to want body builders, and after a certain point, muscle won't make up for lack of social skills.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 6:08 am

Agressiveness + muscular = a red flag for some people.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 2:29 pm

Chronos wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

It's really up to you. There's a misconception among the PUA crowd that the more muscle the better, but most women don't seem to want body builders, and after a certain point, muscle won't make up for lack of social skills.

I have seen women show interest in bulky guys and infact prefer them over skinny men

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 2:32 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I have seen women show interest in bulky guys and infact prefer them over skinny men

Sure, but do they prefer them over guys who of average height and weight with a moderate amount of muscle toning so they don't look flabby?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 2:46 pm

Quote:
I am quite a moody aggressive person if I don't get my own way and that combined with a muscular body can make me seem threatening?

That in combination with a noticeably muscular build...certainly could seem threatening, particularly to women. Perhaps your moody aggression doesn't seem quite so threatening when you're less muscular. However not so sure losing muscle is the solution here....why not work on your moodiness and aggression?

Neither of those are traits that are good for a relationship regardless of if you're more muscular or less muscular.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 2:49 pm

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/ ... e-behavior

They may be concerned about steroid abuse.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 3:25 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Quote:
I am quite a moody aggressive person if I don't get my own way and that combined with a muscular body can make me seem threatening?

That in combination with a noticeably muscular build...certainly could seem threatening, particularly to women. Perhaps your moody aggression doesn't seem quite so threatening when you're less muscular. However not so sure losing muscle is the solution here....why not work on your moodiness and aggression?

Neither of those are traits that are good for a relationship regardless of if you're more muscular or less muscular.

My brother said to me if you were very bulky you would look like a freak because you have not got the confidence to pull of that kind of look. :scratch:

Personally I think the women gave this guys body the most votes because he was the tallest
https://tinyurl.com/lrhnqk9

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 5:08 pm

The only women who have ever approached me were women at school who wanted to ask me out to dinner, even though I kept telling that I am still in a committed, monogamous relationship with my current girlfriend.

NorthWind
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 5:35 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Personally I think the women gave this guys body the most votes because he was the tallest

I think he has the most attractive face and also the best looking body. The muscular guy looks like his legs are a bit short compared to his body and I don't particularly like his face. The tattooed one, well I neither like his haircut nor tattoos.
I can't say why most other women found the guy in the middle most attractive but in the photos their height difference isn't that well visible - so no, personally I don't think it's mainly his height.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 1:58 pm

I'm not tall (I'm short, in fact!), I'm not especially good looking, and I'm pretty chubby.

But I am me-----and I think people like me---physical "warts" and all.

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Mar 2017, 2:46 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The only women who have ever approached me in a bar were drunk women.

Lucky you!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 3:19 pm

NorthWind wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

I think he has the most attractive face and also the best looking body. The muscular guy looks like his legs are a bit short compared to his body and I don't particularly like his face. The tattooed one, well I neither like his haircut nor tattoos.
I can't say why most other women found the guy in the middle most attractive but in the photos their height difference isn't that well visible - so no, personally I don't think it's mainly his height.

I think the guy with the tattoos is the most attractive of those, the beard and chest that doesn't look 100% hair free like the other two are certainly factors.

The muscular guy, well I generally don't find that much muscle bulk very attractive. And as for the guy in the middle his looks are too clean cut and boring, not sure he'd actually be boring but visually nothing really catches my eye.