Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

How important is physical attraction to you in a romantic relationship?
Very Important 16%  16%  [ 6 ]
Important 42%  42%  [ 16 ]
Somewhat Important 24%  24%  [ 9 ]
Not Important 18%  18%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 38

creativesoul
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Mar 2017, 3:25 pm

Are you super picky when it comes to picking a romantic partner? I wonder if that's why some of us still are single? One of the most important things at first for me is physical/ aesthetical attraction. I can't have anything romantic, much less physical, with someone without it. Some people don't get that but I know I am not the only one that feels that way. Of course, I realize other things are also important, such as common beliefs, similar personalities and compatibility but none of that matters without the aesthetical attraction in the first place! I am not going to apologize for being a perfectionist and an artist! Does anyone else feel like me?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 4:21 pm

I think 99% of people are like you, but many deny it to sound 'deeper'.

So they use terms such as 'no chemistry' and 'not my type' and the likes.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 10:34 pm

I don't think need physical attraction is being picky. If you have common beliefs and other stuff but no physical attraction to someone you it would be friendship.

What is being picky is to have very high/detailed attractive standard. Which is fine, but if you're in a lower level from your standard you tend to be alone.

creativesoul
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Mar 2017, 11:33 pm

Good point but people act like I am being picky. Just because I only feel attracted to a few types of good-looking and intelligent guys. That definitely makes it harder to find someone for a romantic relationship. However, I wouldn't change whom I feel attracted to and whom I don't feel attracted to because I like perfection. I don't expect somebody to be perfect because I have issues myself but I want to feel perfectly attracted to the person. I also want the person to feel attracted to me. I am resigned to being alone for now. The whole online thing hasn't worked out so far and I don't go outside that often.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 3:07 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I think 99% of people are like you, but many deny it to sound 'deeper'.

So they use terms such as 'no chemistry' and 'not my type' and the likes.

Sometimes they don't do it rationally. In other words, they aren't specifically looking for someone physically attractive, but they irrationally like the physically attractive people more.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 4:46 am

Everyone wants their partner to be attractive. What a lot of people don't realize is that sometimes attraction develops over time, instead of occurring instantly. Our views aren't set in stone.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 4:53 am

You wanted Jessie's girl, and she looked at you as though you only wanted men.

Happens to every guy, and even the neurotypicals.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 6:30 am

I'm picky but I'm not super picky.

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 6:19 pm

As long as someone takes care of themselves, not particularly. It's harder to find someone talkative, available, and my age who gets me and doesn't mind my personality.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

09 Mar 2017, 7:41 pm

No, not even a little bit why I am single.

Titan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Mar 2017, 11:22 pm

It's somewhat important. But I go more by what I feel than what I see. To me your personality shapes how I see you physically.
So I am not particularly picky when it comes to looks. I do admit that the first time I see a individual, the more likely I'll be to reconsider but that usually goes away over time and eventually that persons looks grow on me. I'm not the type of person to cut someone off just because I don't like what I see in the beginning.

Caesar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2017, 7:53 pm

(Italic text is me getting distracted by off topic thoughts)
I think I am actually very picky and keep picturing some (almost) perfect girlfriend which could be the reason I have not had a crush on any girl for three years now. The only other reason that I get a crush on someone is because she is interested in me and I start getting the idea that she might have a crush on me even though she was probably just being nice or curious about me without any romantic reason behind it. I honestly have no idea when someone likes me, although I do enjoy reading online "signs she likes you" articles and imagining girls doing these things towards me
My apologies for getting off topic

Anyways, I often imagine having a really pretty girlfriend and barely seem to think of a good personality that might actually match mine even though that is and should be a much more important point for me to look for in a girl.

creativesoul
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Mar 2017, 1:27 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
Everyone wants their partner to be attractive. What a lot of people don't realize is that sometimes attraction develops over time, instead of occurring instantly. Our views aren't set in stone.

This might be true for some people but I know I can only feel attracted to certain types of guys in terms of looks. Then other things have to be there, such as brains, education, good manners, class and compassion. I was willing to accept people I liked online in case they weren't 100% my type in terms of looks but even then, there would have had to been 90% attraction at least.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 3:21 pm

No, not at all.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Mar 2017, 2:29 am

I'm sort of demisexual. I don't really experience sexual attraction unless I feel an emotional connection. Looks were never important to me in a partner. I mostly just wanted someone who would give me a real chance & try to make a relationship work with me.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

b9
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 4:12 am

nahhh. i never had any scabs or cauliflowers in the garden.