Page 3 of 7 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2017, 1:13 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
Denying that circumcision is genital mutilation suggests a lack of understanding as to either what mutilation is or as to what genitals are.

What's more funny, some anti-FGM women defend the practice. In both the US and the Islamic/Jewish world.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2017, 2:22 am

nurseangela wrote:
Outrider wrote:
It's more difficult for a man to achieve the ideal body created by Hollywood vs. women.

You look at most celebrity couples and the man is a 6 foot+ 8% body fat and 200lbs, the woman is 5 foot 5 or something and just skinny, not even visible abs skinny, not even FITNESS type skinny with low body fat and decent muscle, just 'I don't eat too much food/have a fast metabolism' skinny.

The male ideal body, NATURALLY and without steroids, takes 4-8 years of force-feeding 3,000-5,000 calories a day for 6 months and then feeling agonizing hunger aches on 1,500-2,500 calories for one month, rinse and repeat, and 4 days minimum of intense weightlifting and 20-60 minutes cardio per week.

All this with a part time or full time job of course, and/or full time student, along with keeping a social life.

The ideal female body? Um...a couple months of some sh*tty trend diet like Paleo or something else from some actress or Eat Prey Love meditation style organic hippy type diet, maybe 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill 3 days a week and some glute/butt and thighs training with pink 0.5lb dumbbells whenever she decides to hit the gym.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 9bb3d3.jpg

vs

http://www.borntoworkout.com/wp-content ... n-Body.jpg

He says all this as he's shoving 5000 calories worth of food into his mouth. :roll:
Women have it sooooooo much easier. Pardon me while I go and get my celery sticks out of fridge and top it off with some delicious lemon water. Yum. Then I have SEVERAL HOURS of exercise to do and maybe pop a few "diet pills" while I'm at it to speed up the ole metabolism. (I was anorexic for 3 years so I know exactly what it takes to be "stick thin" and I'll be the first one to say it sure is no picnic.)

Not to be a dick, but then you went about it in pretty bad way. You don't need several hours of exercise a day, and eat nothing but celery to achieve low body fat as a female.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 4:22 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
Denying that circumcision is genital mutilation suggests a lack of understanding as to either what mutilation is or as to what genitals are.

What's more funny, some anti-FGM women defend the practice. In both the US and the Islamic/Jewish world.

I saw an anti-male-circumcision protester by the new hospital where I live, she clearly had some personal investment in the cause. :?

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

yungsavage
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Apr 2017, 4:44 pm

Just the fact that people defend such a barbaric and weird practice like circumcision is ridiculous. Let the kid decide if he wants his dick mutilated when he grows up.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2017, 11:27 pm

^^My parents let me decide. They said I could get it done any time I wanted. I appreciate that, especially because I never wanted to! Being uncircumcised, even in America, is not in ANY way a disadvantage.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2017, 10:54 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
QuillAlba wrote:
A rite of passage that involves genital mutilation?

It's so wrong, why do they feel the need to carve parts off a babies penis?

I cannot get my head around it, who thought this was a good idea?

21st century and we do this and try to justify it, I will never understand this and I don't wish to.

I think it's a ret*d practice.

And It was done to me before as newborn, I feel angry when I think about it.

Oddly it's usually females who support and push it and males that oppose it or go along with what their wife wants.

It's happen so long it's become socially acceptable doesn't make it right. Just like deforming girls feet in China to make them smaller happen for thousands of years and was socially acceptable. Imagine hundred years from now the female mutuilation could be socially acceptable and people
Will argue in its support as a needed practice.

Also remember women not too long ago it was science that women shouldn't orgasm and would get schock therapy. Men with foreskin get more pleasure. You're permanently removing like 20,000-70,000 never endings that according to atheist evolution added. The foreskin protects the penis. Just wash your penis.

Spyoon
Raven
Raven

28 Apr 2017, 12:34 am

the preferable penis size differs between cultures actually. The ancient greeks thought small penises were great. :lol: and instead larger penis sizes were seen as funny or even barbaric for example

About circumsicion well as far as i know - which is not really that much - children around the globe are being brainwashed about it. Sometimes it might be used for medical reasons , but i do think the practice should be banned or somehow prohibited at least for children. Great now i will read the wikipedia article about it :P

Seriously i don't think most people care, it is genitalia after all and it has to be a little ugly,we can't help it :lol: . If a partner turns you down and cites those things as reasons I' d think that its just a lie to avoid any other further exlanations.

Muscle mass and fitness will make you more appealing but you won't be at risk of discrimination (workplace, healthcare, relationships )because you are not an athlete. There still lies a problem on the fitness community, people seem to confuse natural achiavable fitness and various-substance-induced fitness (as you have already stated). There's a huge drug dealing behaviour going on in gyms . As time passes opinions tend to become stricter (or more distorted) on that matter too, people spit at eachother terms like fat, overweight and obese even though they are medically fine. I consider those anti-fat people stereotypes , which are more generalised that just male body stereotypes.

Other than that the worse thing that can happen to a male, appearance-wise, is really short stature . Has there ever been a culture kind enough to accept short men , I wonder. People often address the issue as a bizzare exotic problem of asia, well in the west we surelly got our fair share .

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2017, 12:05 pm

I'm naturally really skinny. Muscle mass is obviously different & tone isn't troubling me but I have to guess there's at least more than 1 'ideal' bone structure. What does unconventional athleticism count for?

Last edited by cberg on 03 May 2017, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2017, 12:21 pm

Spyoon wrote:
the preferable penis size differs between cultures actually. The ancient greeks thought small penises were great. :lol: and instead larger penis sizes were seen as funny or even barbaric for example

About circumsicion well as far as i know - which is not really that much - children around the globe are being brainwashed about it. Sometimes it might be used for medical reasons , but i do think the practice should be banned or somehow prohibited at least for children. Great now i will read the wikipedia article about it :P

Seriously i don't think most people care, it is genitalia after all and it has to be a little ugly,we can't help it :lol: . If a partner turns you down and cites those things as reasons I' d think that its just a lie to avoid any other further exlanations.

Muscle mass and fitness will make you more appealing but you won't be at risk of discrimination (workplace, healthcare, relationships )because you are not an athlete. There still lies a problem on the fitness community, people seem to confuse natural achiavable fitness and various-substance-induced fitness (as you have already stated). There's a huge drug dealing behaviour going on in gyms . As time passes opinions tend to become stricter (or more distorted) on that matter too, people spit at eachother terms like fat, overweight and obese even though they are medically fine. I consider those anti-fat people stereotypes , which are more generalised that just male body stereotypes.

Other than that the worse thing that can happen to a male, appearance-wise, is really short stature . Has there ever been a culture kind enough to accept short men , I wonder. People often address the issue as a bizzare exotic problem of asia, well in the west we surelly got our fair share .

I'm impressed.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2017, 12:25 pm

unconventional athleticism counts for a lot, i think!

the look of a guy who works out at the gym is different from the look of a guy who works out doing something else (more fun and interesting).

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2017, 3:36 pm

seaweed wrote:
unconventional athleticism counts for a lot, i think!

the look of a guy who works out at the gym is different from the look of a guy who works out doing something else (more fun and interesting).

In theory, no. Muscle mass is muscle mass, it's not like there are different kinds of muscle mass. Lifting weights is simply more effective at building it.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2017, 3:47 pm

While I'm straight, and therefore hardly an authority on what would be appealing in the male body sex-whise, I figure that a physique born from actual labour rather than obsessive gym-sculpting should be preferrable. Hence why my current daily workout features two large water containers filled with 20 litres each, and walking. Lots and lots of walking.

Also trying the periodic fasting thing. Surprisingly easy so far.

Closet Genious wrote:
In theory, no. Muscle mass is muscle mass, it's not like there are different kinds of muscle mass. Lifting weights is simply more effective at building it.

I seem to recall there being two types of muscle fibers, though. Can't recall their techincal names, but basically a quick, explosive type and a slow but much stronger type. They vary across populations, hence why there are more Kenyans in the sprint and more Icelandics doing the Strongman thing. But I imagine you could focus on building one type over the other. Probably?

But more to Seaweeds point, unless you focus almost exclusively on the big compound excersices, you run the risk of looking disproportionate. Some guys miss all the leg days, and look weird as a result. Others just want to look good at the bar, so they're nothing but pecs and biceps. That sort of thing is less likely if you get most fo your excercise from doing manual labour, or something similar.

Symmetry does have an appeal.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2017, 4:05 pm

Building muscle = destroying muscle & the right balance of fast twitch/endurance muscle can make anyone stronger than they appear but I'm wondering specifically about female opinions on what the thresholds might be between body types.

I guess I was also inevitably wondering if/when that constitutes an archetypical look. For one example, how much obsession do the fun sports take before they too effectively become gyms? I spent a while in high school trying that out but I get a lot more from bikes or skis. Of course I constantly hear girls are less visual & so fourth so what about exceptions to that rule?

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2017, 4:07 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
While I'm straight, and therefore hardly an authority on what would be appealing in the male body sex-whise, I figure that a physique born from actual labour rather than obsessive gym-sculpting should be preferrable. Hence why my current daily workout features two large water containers filled with 20 litres each, and walking. Lots and lots of walking.

Also trying the periodic fasting thing. Surprisingly easy so far.

Closet Genious wrote:

I seem to recall there being two types of muscle fibers, though. Can't recall their techincal names, but basically a quick, explosive type and a slow but much stronger type. They vary across populations, hence why there are more Kenyans in the sprint and more Icelandics doing the Strongman thing. But I imagine you could focus on building one type over the other. Probably?

I don't get why it is preferrable though. For those of us who don't work hard labour jobs, I figure it should be preferrable to still have some muscle, at the very least for good health. And honestly, some of us actually really enjoy doing heavy lifts.
I am getting really tired of the constant projecting, just because some people hate going to the gym, doesn't mean that everyone who goes there hates it too, and only are there because they are obsessive. I personally hate playing football, but I don't make assumptions and judgements about people who play it.

There are fast twitch and slow twitch muscle fibers, but it's not a factor in how you look. There are only really two variables there, total amount of mass and total amount of body fat. For most muscle groups though, slow twitch movements will build mass more effectively.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2017, 8:14 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:
I think we can't ignore that there is much more emphasize in woman's beauty than male beauty.

This is all a myth that many of you women always love to repeat. I don't buy any of it.

When for example 90% of women refuse to date men shorter than them or when the vast majority state strong preference for taller/bigger, isn't that a super strong emphasis in men's beauty imposed on men by women? It's imposed by real women , you can see them on dating sites, and not by some fashion industry like how Wolf explained about the mythical female beauty that doesn't reflect real straight men's preferences in reality.

Can you site an actual study that proves 90% of women on earth would refuse to date men shorter than them? A majority do have a preference for males taller than themselves but I say it is false claim that 90% of them would see it as a deal-breaker.

A majority of males have a preference for women shorter than them, does that mean 90% of them would refuse to date a taller woman?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 1:13 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:
I think we can't ignore that there is much more emphasize in woman's beauty than male beauty.

This is all a myth that many of you women always love to repeat. I don't buy any of it.

When for example 90% of women refuse to date men shorter than them or when the vast majority state strong preference for taller/bigger, isn't that a super strong emphasis in men's beauty imposed on men by women? It's imposed by real women , you can see them on dating sites, and not by some fashion industry like how Wolf explained about the mythical female beauty that doesn't reflect real straight men's preferences in reality.

Can you site an actual study that proves 90% of women on earth would refuse to date men shorter than them? A majority do have a preference for males taller than themselves but I say it is false claim that 90% of them would see it as a deal-breaker.

A majority of males have a preference for women shorter than them, does that mean 90% of them would refuse to date a taller woman?

I have cited researches before showing that males do not care if women taller than them - and if anything, males don't try with taller women because we know that they will reject us, this preference is on the women side.

When it comes to height pickiness, it is your gender, not ours; 90% of people of your gender. Just accept it and stop arguing this every time, it has been proven so many times in so many studies and so many males here and on boards stated they won't mind dating taller women.

"One 2008 study of college students found that about 50 percent of guys wanted their partners to be shorter than them, while 90 percent of women wanted their partners to be taller than them"

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/do ... 1&type=pdf

"Nearly half of men indicated their tallest acceptable date could
be taller than them (24%) or their height (23%), while only half (53%) required that their
partner be shorter than them. For women, the vast majority indicated that the shortest per-
son they would date would still be taller than them (89%)
, with only a small minority being
willing to accept a mate who was their height (7%) or shorter (4%)."