Page 1 of 7 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 8:50 pm

It's more difficult for a man to achieve the ideal body created by Hollywood vs. women.

You look at most celebrity couples and the man is a 6 foot+ 8% body fat and 200lbs, the woman is 5 foot 5 or something and just skinny, not even visible abs skinny, not even FITNESS type skinny with low body fat and decent muscle, just 'I don't eat too much food/have a fast metabolism' skinny.

The male ideal body, NATURALLY and without steroids, takes 4-8 years of force-feeding 3,000-5,000 calories a day for 6 months and then feeling agonizing hunger aches on 1,500-2,500 calories for one month, rinse and repeat, and 4 days minimum of intense weightlifting and 20-60 minutes cardio per week.

All this with a part time or full time job of course, and/or full time student, along with keeping a social life.

The ideal female body? Um...a couple months of some sh*tty trend diet like Paleo or something else from some actress or Eat Prey Love meditation style organic hippy type diet, maybe 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill 3 days a week and some glute/butt and thighs training with pink 0.5lb dumbbells whenever she decides to hit the gym.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 9bb3d3.jpg

vs

http://www.borntoworkout.com/wp-content ... n-Body.jpg

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 9:17 pm

Outrider's right; being skinny isn't hard at all compared to become buff. Personally I much prefer athletic women with real muscular development over the popular look though.

Of course, the vast majority of people don't have "ideal" bodies and get by in life just fine, so they're not the be-all-end-all of romance, they just make things easier.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 12:28 am

Outrider wrote:
It's more difficult for a man to achieve the ideal body created by Hollywood vs. women.

You look at most celebrity couples and the man is a 6 foot+ 8% body fat and 200lbs, the woman is 5 foot 5 or something and just skinny, not even visible abs skinny, not even FITNESS type skinny with low body fat and decent muscle, just 'I don't eat too much food/have a fast metabolism' skinny.

The male ideal body, NATURALLY and without steroids, takes 4-8 years of force-feeding 3,000-5,000 calories a day for 6 months and then feeling agonizing hunger aches on 1,500-2,500 calories for one month, rinse and repeat, and 4 days minimum of intense weightlifting and 20-60 minutes cardio per week.

All this with a part time or full time job of course, and/or full time student, along with keeping a social life.

The ideal female body? Um...a couple months of some sh*tty trend diet like Paleo or something else from some actress or Eat Prey Love meditation style organic hippy type diet, maybe 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill 3 days a week and some glute/butt and thighs training with pink 0.5lb dumbbells whenever she decides to hit the gym.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 9bb3d3.jpg

vs

http://www.borntoworkout.com/wp-content ... n-Body.jpg

You're right on the money. All this hype about female beauty standards being unattainable is so annoying to me, as someone who has worked out and tracked my nutrition for 2 years trying to achieve an ideal male physique, and I'm still not satisfied. Fortunately no one forced me to do it, it was something I wanted to do myself, so I will just keep doing it until I am where I want to be.

I think emma watson is beautiful, but it is easy to see in that picture that she is not in good shape at all. She has quite alot of bodyfat, the classic "skinnyfat" look.

Sorry for ranting, I just had to get it out of my system.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 2:36 am

Chronos wrote:
Generally speaking, I find back hair and shoulder hair on men unattractive. I also find protruding nose hair, unibrows, protruding ear hair, extremely long eyebrow hair unattractive.

Most of those I keep in check, though I'm forced to admit to having a bit of a werewolf-neck (damn you, continental genes!). Any preferences with regards to chest hair?

Closet Genious wrote:
comments on Emma Watson

She is cute. It's a shame about that thing that happens when she opens her mouth.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 3:16 am

...and height is something you can do nothing about it.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 8:41 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Being tall isn't the be-all-end-all of relationships either. You have a woman chasing after you, right? Maybe she's not for you, but if you can be that attractive to one person you can be so to others.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 10:25 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Being tall isn't the be-all-end-all of relationships either. You have a woman chasing after you, right? Maybe she's not for you, but if you can be that attractive to one person you can be so to others.

Even that woman, the one who claims to be insanely in love with me, and I had sex with last sunday, told me she expected me taller at first.

It was brought up when I asked her what are the differences between what she expected vs reality:

But before meeting her, I made it clear how my body really is; what to expect me height-body wise, because I have noticed based on many previous ugly experiences, that women phenomenally imagine me way taller and bigger-body based on my pictures, despite the fact that I always disclose my height 5'3 number in the detailed info in profiles; but no one reads it, really.
If they (the online women) don't get aware of this info, every one of them would expect me much taller, it was always the case.

I dunno, maybe I should take a photo standing next to a big ruler.

But I made it clear to this one before meeting her; I literally told her "Listen, you are probably imagining me as the tall and big guy, I know you do: I am not, I am the shortest guy you would probably ever date"

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 9:41 pm

Although I agree that the ideal male body is difficult to get than the female one, I think we can't ignore that there is much more emphasize in woman's beauty than male beauty.

I have no idea why but I don't have a clear image of what a man's body is and even seeing photos of shirtless man (specially those with six pack abs) make me very uncomfortable. I think we generally are more exposed to woman's body so it feels less weird to me?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 11:47 pm

I work out pretty hard to stay fit but I'm always between the 'model' & Govenator archetypes unless I'm really pushing it, which gets dangerous given my nature. All my workouts are play though, the painful stuff mostly comes after.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 5:52 am

ltcvnzl wrote:
Although I agree that the ideal male body is difficult to get than the female one, I think we can't ignore that there is much more emphasize in woman's beauty than male beauty.

That is because women are valued for what they are, and men are valued for what they can do. Hence why "attractive man" is measured in looking strong and confident and/or dressing like he's wealthy and/or capable (uniforms, anyone?), while "attractive woman" is measured in physical indicators of health, fertility and femininity (curves, skin, hair etc.). I mean the actual feminine ideal, the one you get when you ask straight men what they find sexually attractive, not the 6 foot stick figure with all the curves of a 10 year old that you get if you ask the fashion industry. And I do say that as a man with a preference for petite women.

Men are, on average, much more visual than women are. Therefore it makes more sense to put on display something men like to see in order to catch their attention. Hence why (crassly, I fully concede) attractive women in bikinis are used to sell pretty much everything.

Speaking of feminine beauty; since this unhealthy female beauty ideal is propagated by the fashion industry and certain other niche media outlets (such as womens magazines) that are created and operated primarily by women and homosexual men and targeted at women pretty much exclusively, it always strikes me as rich when criticism of this same ideal is directed squarely at straight men.

cberg wrote:
I work out pretty hard to stay fit but I'm always between the 'model' & Govenator archetypes unless I'm really pushing it, which gets dangerous given my nature. All my workouts are play though, the painful stuff mostly comes after.

My working out has been on a hiatus for a bit too long now. I'm 6 foot and pretty broad-shouldered, but I've gotten a bit soft around the edges. My absurdly strong core is carrying it pretty well, though. I could probably have some killer abs if I cared to starve myself for long enough. If.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 6:58 am

ltcvnzl wrote:
I think we can't ignore that there is much more emphasize in woman's beauty than male beauty.

This is all a myth that many of you women always love to repeat. I don't buy any of it.

When for example 90% of women refuse to date men shorter than them or when the vast majority state strong preference for taller/bigger, isn't that a super strong emphasis in men's beauty imposed on men by women? It's imposed by real women , you can see them on dating sites, and not by some fashion industry like how Wolf explained about the mythical female beauty that doesn't reflect real straight men's preferences in reality.

Quote:
I have no idea why but I don't have a clear image of what a man's body is and even seeing photos of shirtless man (specially those with six pack abs) make me very uncomfortable. I think we generally are more exposed to woman's body so it feels less weird to me?

Maybe you're a closet lesbian.

yungsavage
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Apr 2017, 7:14 am

Guys who are small or uncircumcised are really at a disadvantage. I (luckily) am the opposite of both of those, however, I have heard tons of women say that if a guy is uncut or their penis is small they flat out won't get intimate with him. Kind of messed up to be honest. The way our society shames people for how they look is terrible. I understand shaming people with un-healthy lifestyles (being fat or anorexic), because they are literally killing themselves, but shaming people for stuff they can't even change is messed up. Something you can't really change, however.
So I guess those guys are out of luck.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 3:20 pm

I think it's also fair to say guys like Kanye West have done a lot to bring the fashion industry down on our heads too.

What I do know is that the more I ignore how everyone thinks I should look, the more my aesthetic choices are appreciated.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 4:41 pm

yungsavage wrote:
Guys who are small or uncircumcised are really at a disadvantage. I (luckily) am the opposite of both of those, however, I have heard tons of women say that if a guy is uncut or their penis is small they flat out won't get intimate with him.

So the women you've asked all like men to have suffered genital mutilation?

How do these women feel about FGM?

Fair is fair after all.

Ignotum
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Apr 2017, 4:47 pm

QuillAlba wrote:
yungsavage wrote:
Guys who are small or uncircumcised are really at a disadvantage. I (luckily) am the opposite of both of those, however, I have heard tons of women say that if a guy is uncut or their penis is small they flat out won't get intimate with him.

Fair is fair after all.

Quite an unfair comparison, you can still have pleasurable sexual experiences while circumcised (perhaps even better ones), while the same cannot be said for victims of FGM, who essentially feel nothing after the mutilation.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 4:50 pm

Ignotum wrote:
QuillAlba wrote:
yungsavage wrote:

Fair is fair after all.

Quite an unfair comparison, you can still have pleasurable sexual experiences while circumcised (perhaps even better ones), while the same cannot be said for victims of FGM, who essentially feel nothing after the mutilation.

Sorry, if one is wrong then both are.

You are mutilating the penis of a child.