Page 2 of 7 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 4:50 pm

Ignotum wrote:
QuillAlba wrote:
yungsavage wrote:
Guys who are small or uncircumcised are really at a disadvantage. I (luckily) am the opposite of both of those, however, I have heard tons of women say that if a guy is uncut or their penis is small they flat out won't get intimate with him.

So the women you've asked all like men to have suffered genital mutilation?

How do these women feel about FGM?

Fair is fair after all.

Quite an unfair comparison, you can still have pleasurable sexual experiences while circumcised (perhaps even better ones), while the same cannot be said for victims of FGM, who essentially feel nothing after the mutilation.

Sorry, if one is wrong then both are.

You are mutilating the penis of a child.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 4:54 pm

When american male children are circumcised at the hospital, is it a free service?

Hmmm...I wonder why the doctors do it.

They cut useful, working and perfectly healthy parts of the penis from newborn babies and you are fine with this?

Ignotum
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Apr 2017, 4:57 pm

QuillAlba wrote:
Ignotum wrote:
QuillAlba wrote:
yungsavage wrote:
Guys who are small or uncircumcised are really at a disadvantage. I (luckily) am the opposite of both of those, however, I have heard tons of women say that if a guy is uncut or their penis is small they flat out won't get intimate with him.

So the women you've asked all like men to have suffered genital mutilation?

How do these women feel about FGM?

Fair is fair after all.

Quite an unfair comparison, you can still have pleasurable sexual experiences while circumcised (perhaps even better ones), while the same cannot be said for victims of FGM, who essentially feel nothing after the mutilation.

Sorry, if one is wrong then both are.

You are mutilating the penis of a child.

I still think it wouldn't count as mutilation, or at the very least, not anywhere as severe as FGM, but any opinion goes I guess.

Anyways, the obvious answer to the problem would be to wait until the child grows up, and then ask them whether they would want the circumcision. It could even be a sort of puberty rite or coming of age trial, that they would be able to go through or refuse.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 5:00 pm

Outrider wrote:
It's more difficult for a man to achieve the ideal body created by Hollywood vs. women.

You look at most celebrity couples and the man is a 6 foot+ 8% body fat and 200lbs, the woman is 5 foot 5 or something and just skinny, not even visible abs skinny, not even FITNESS type skinny with low body fat and decent muscle, just 'I don't eat too much food/have a fast metabolism' skinny.

The male ideal body, NATURALLY and without steroids, takes 4-8 years of force-feeding 3,000-5,000 calories a day for 6 months and then feeling agonizing hunger aches on 1,500-2,500 calories for one month, rinse and repeat, and 4 days minimum of intense weightlifting and 20-60 minutes cardio per week.

All this with a part time or full time job of course, and/or full time student, along with keeping a social life.

The ideal female body? Um...a couple months of some sh*tty trend diet like Paleo or something else from some actress or Eat Prey Love meditation style organic hippy type diet, maybe 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill 3 days a week and some glute/butt and thighs training with pink 0.5lb dumbbells whenever she decides to hit the gym.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 9bb3d3.jpg

vs

http://www.borntoworkout.com/wp-content ... n-Body.jpg

He says all this as he's shoving 5000 calories worth of food into his mouth. :roll:
Women have it sooooooo much easier. Pardon me while I go and get my celery sticks out of fridge and top it off with some delicious lemon water. Yum. Then I have SEVERAL HOURS of exercise to do and maybe pop a few "diet pills" while I'm at it to speed up the ole metabolism. (I was anorexic for 3 years so I know exactly what it takes to be "stick thin" and I'll be the first one to say it sure is no picnic.)

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 5:00 pm

A rite of passage that involves genital mutilation?

It's so wrong, why do they feel the need to carve parts off a babies penis?

I cannot get my head around it, who thought this was a good idea?

21st century and we do this and try to justify it, I will never understand this and I don't wish to.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 5:24 pm

To be honest if I got rejected over something nitpicky like that all I could see myself doing in response is continuing as usual & still loving all the same people. I don't see any sense in the prospect of ignoring everything I feel over some arbitrary precondition of my entire life. I certainly don't know everything about my **** but I do sincerely intend to keep it away from knives in the vast majority of circumstances.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Ignotum
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Apr 2017, 5:32 pm

QuillAlba wrote:

21st century and we do this and try to justify it, I will never understand this and I don't wish to.

It's easy to hate something like this, but keep in mind circumcision has some very practical uses. For instance, it greatly reduces the chances of cervical and penile cancer developing, as well as urinary track infections, with little to no negative repercussions. In, fact, if they are so damn useless, then one has to wonder why we even mutated to have the things! Maybe it played some beneficial role in hunter-gatherer societies that doesn't come in to effect now.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 5:37 pm

Ignotum wrote:
QuillAlba wrote:

It's easy to hate something like this, but keep in mind circumcision has some very practical uses. For instance, it greatly reduces the chances of cervical and penile cancer developing, as well as urinary track infections, with little to no negative repercussions. In, fact, if they are so damn useless, then one has to wonder why we even mutated to have the things! Maybe it played some beneficial role in hunter-gatherer societies that doesn't come in to effect now.

No they don't.
I've heard people claim this, but actual data to back it up is lacking.
You are defending a cruel and barbaric practice, why?

They have a very clear purpose.
What do they cover?

Ignotum
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Apr 2017, 6:06 pm

QuillAlba wrote:
Ignotum wrote:
QuillAlba wrote:

No they don't.
I've heard people claim this, but actual data to back it up is lacking.
You are defending a cruel and barbaric practice, why?

They have a very clear purpose.
What do they cover?

Actual data? The
American Academy of Pediatricians seems to think that it has its uses, and damn me if they aren't a reliable source. Why am I defending it? Because my rational side says it is quite a practical thing to do. I will admit however, that I may have some bias in the matter seeing that I was circumcised. Whether you think that I am irrational enough to let that bias affect me is your decision. As for your last statement about what they cover, I'm sure what you mean, feel free to explain further.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 6:19 pm

The link offered zero evidence.

Do doctors get extra money when they circumcise an infant?

What does it cover, the foreskin, I'm serious.

yungsavage
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Apr 2017, 9:14 pm

cberg wrote:
I think it's also fair to say guys like Kanye West have done a lot to bring the fashion industry down on our heads too.

What I do know is that the more I ignore how everyone thinks I should look, the more my aesthetic choices are appreciated.

Watch out man, keep talking trash on kanye and he WILL LAZER YOU WITH ALIEN F*CKING EYES AND EXPLODE YOUR F*CKING HEAD! !! !! !! !! !!

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 9:34 pm

Things I as a *shocker* reasonably masculine non-frat dude find weak & reprehensible about Kanye:

1. He is a hapless & absolutely dependent Apple fanboy/idol worshipper.
2. Sexualization of money. :evil:
3. God delusions.
4. Scarcely an actual MC.
5. Jay Z. has better car tastes.
6. Interrupts better vocalists.
7. Not prophetic & no I'm not sorry.

AFAIK 'manliness' just consists of doing things properly without making a billion-strong Twitter fuss about it. Kind of like skipping the fancy GPS option on your car because you aren't lost.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2017, 12:27 am

QuillAlba wrote:

I think it's a ret*d practice.

And It was done to me before as newborn, I feel angry when I think about it.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2017, 12:43 am

Denying that circumcision is genital mutilation suggests a lack of understanding as to either what mutilation is or as to what genitals are.

Ignotum
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

Wow. Apparently circumcision is far more of a hated practice than I thought. I'll just admit that I was wrong then and go about my merry business.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2017, 1:13 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
Denying that circumcision is genital mutilation suggests a lack of understanding as to either what mutilation is or as to what genitals are.

What's more funny, some anti-FGM women defend the practice. In both the US and the Islamic/Jewish world.