Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

XMildpetrichorX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jun 2017, 11:50 pm

As some may know I am what is reffered to as NT...as far as I know anyway though I'm certain I have some sort of s**t going on...and I have to say that I am completely enamored by how most aspies tend to speak and utilize the english language...like a lot. So much so that I am starting to think that I might be a echypnophile or something

Does anyone else feel this way?
:oops:

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 12:45 am

What is an 'echypnophile'? I 'Googled' it and got zero results. Did you spell it correctly? What is it about our language use that has you 'enamoured'?

XMildpetrichorX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jun 2017, 1:52 am

Lintar wrote:
What is an 'echypnophile'? I 'Googled' it and got zero results. Did you spell it correctly? What is it about our language use that has you 'enamoured'?

Really? Zero results? That is strange....

The best way I can describe it is a quote from Quora...

"Quora app
The correct anglicised Greek for someone who is attracted to intelligent ingenious brainy people is: Echypnophile"

A sapiophile - I think I am sexually attracted to intelligence in fact I know I get turned on by intelligence. What I meant by the way aspies tend to speak is that they speak with intelligence. Yes you know slang and use it from time to time but mostly sentences are spoken...rather written sorry with intelligence. Words are used in ways that most (sadly) these days do not even use or even know what they mean. Aspies also tend to be very knowledgeable on topics of interest in a way others aren't etc and listening to them talk ( even better if its a shared interest) is like I'm having an ear orgasm lol.

And I was just asking if anyone else felt the same is all. Hope that all made sense.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 8:31 am

Yes, I know exactly what you mean and I like it too.

Aspies don't care to learn how others talk, they learn the correct words to describe things and use those words.

XMildpetrichorX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jun 2017, 8:39 am

hurtloam wrote:
Yes, I know exactly what you mean and I like it too.

Aspies don't care to learn how others talk, they learn the correct words to describe things and use those words.

Glad to see I'm not the only one! Lol

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 8:54 am

So do you masterbate while listening to some professor's podcast session?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 9:07 am

I get turned on when women talk about philosophy---especially if they have sweet voices.

No, it's not just you at all.

XMildpetrichorX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jun 2017, 9:54 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

No, I don't "masterbate" ( it's masturbate, sorry) to podcasts of any sort. I meant that if I am in a conversation with someone who is highly intelligent and of my preferred gender (men) and some other factors thrown in there for flavour, like a cute smile etc, I find myself becoming extremely turned on and have an insatiable urge to want to rip their clothes off in a intense and passionate way and proceed to have intense passionate sex.

This has only happened to me once where I acted upon those urges and ended up dating the man for a year and being friends thereafter for another year and a bit. Most intense roller-coaster of the highest highs and the lowest lows I think we both have ever felt. But that sex though 8O :heart:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 9:55 am

Actually, I probably would masturbate to the voice of an erudite, attractive woman with a nice voice.

XMildpetrichorX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jun 2017, 9:59 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I get turned on when women talk about philosophy---especially if they have sweet voices.

No, it's not just you at all.

Yay! I like not being the only one lol. Can I ask what you mean by "sweet voices" ? I know what that might mean to me but of course everyone is different.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 10:04 am

I like many sorts of feminine voices. The Soprano, the Mezzo-Soprano, even the Contralto.

It's not just the "voice," though---it's the subtle seductive quality of that voice whenever a woman desires to convey, in gently coquettish terms, her desire for communion with me.

XMildpetrichorX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jun 2017, 10:18 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I like many sorts of feminine voices. The Soprano, the Mezzo-Soprano, even the Contralto.

It's not just the "voice," though---it's the subtle seductive quality of that voice whenever a woman desires to convey, in gently coquettish terms, her desire for communion with me.

Please don't get offended as I am only trying to learn but, I have read and experienced Aspies talking in a more mono tone like voice and not realize that they're doing it or see what the big deal is when people, usually if not always NTs, can comment on it. With that being said you are saying that you are able to detect certain fluctuations in tone and know what they mean in someone else? Even if it's considered "unatural" for aspies to pick up on another person's.....almost everything? lol

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 10:26 am

I've learned through experience.

I didn't have that ability when I was younger.

And I am not, technically, an "Aspie." Because I had a speech delay and other symptoms of "classic autism." So it can be said that I am more a "Kanner"-type autistic person than an Aspergian.

Anyway, while there might be a disorder in the ability to discern subtle things in voices amongst autistic people, a "disorder" does not necessarily mean an "inability."

XMildpetrichorX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jun 2017, 10:46 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I've learned through experience.

I didn't have that ability when I was younger.

And I am not, technically, an "Aspie." Because I had a speech delay and other symptoms of "classic autism." So it can be said that I am more a "Kanner"-type autistic person than an Aspergian.

Anyway, while there might be a disorder in the ability to discern subtle things in voices amongst autistic people, a "disorder" does not necessarily mean an "inability."

Fair enough. And thank you for answering my question :)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 2:22 pm

XMildpetrichorX wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

No, I don't "masterbate" ( it's masturbate, sorry) to podcasts of any sort. I meant that if I am in a conversation with someone who is highly intelligent and of my preferred gender (men) and some other factors thrown in there for flavour, like a cute smile etc, I find myself becoming extremely turned on and have an insatiable urge to want to rip their clothes off in a intense and passionate way and proceed to have intense passionate sex.

This has only happened to me once where I acted upon those urges and ended up dating the man for a year and being friends thereafter for another year and a bit. Most intense roller-coaster of the highest highs and the lowest lows I think we both have ever felt. But that sex though 8O :heart:

That sounds rapey.

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 2:38 pm

My favorite Facebook memes are:

"You know the difference between your and you're!? Excuse me, while I take my clothes off."

and it's cousin: "I'm going to use proper grammar on you until your clothes simply fall off" (if only that actually worked).

and

"You had me at your impeccable spelling and correct use of grammar."

:study: Indeed. Snootch to tha motherf**kin' nootch. :wink:

BaAaAAahng. 8)