Why do you think a relationship will make you happy?

Page 27 of 27 [ 422 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27

Almost
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Nov 2017, 1:20 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Almost wrote:
I don't know anything about being in a relationship but in my head my ideal mate would be a girl I could just talk to about anything and I'd feel comfort in her presence (and vice versa). Someone you have that unspoken chemistry with, where you can just be doing nothing and you're enjoying yourself cause they are with you

Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away.” [George Eliot]

I dig this passage, it is exactly the kind of feeling I meant

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

15 Nov 2017, 12:58 pm

NorthWind wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Society treats us like we're doing something wrong.

I can't be the only one who has family saying to them every time we meet up "so have you met someone yet?"

"Yet"... the expectation is that it's a thing that should happen.

I used to lie and say I was seeing someone who was just a friend so that I could appear normal, but I don't care anymore. I just say no.

Luckily I don't have family that puts that much pressure on me to meet someone, but some seem to assume that I will without a problem. Maybe because it's easier for me to interact with people I know than to get to know new people. They have no idea how awkward and/or boring I am.

same here