Why are women grossed out by the male body?

Page 6 of 14 [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 10:44 am

SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Aaendi wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Exposing your penis in the street is a more extreme version of giving somebody "the finger."

I guess it can be aggressive that way. Catcalling on the other hand, is only aggressive if you're being paranoid. A lot of catcalling is just guys trying to imitate characters on TV. I used to think that is how guys are supposed to get dates.

Cat-calling is always rude and aggressive.

I get triggered when people say this. I think Cat-calling is a case by case thing. It's typically offensive based on when and how you do it, but if you are considered attractive to someone I think it's taken as just another method of flirting. One of those double standard things if you will.

What I mean by "cat-calling" is some dude screaming, "Nice tits!" when you walk by.

I know very few women who take that kind of thing as a compliment.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

RandomFox
Toucan
Toucan

12 Aug 2017, 12:31 pm

I remember two instances of a man flashing his genitals at me in a park - one, it was winter, around -10 C and the guy kind of jumped from behind the tree, wearing only a thin fabric coat and I only said "kinda cold, innit?" :D
Another time a young guy was on the bike with his trousers unzipped and his junk hanging out - he stopped near me, I glanced at his bits and said "erm, what time is it?" - he blushed (!?) and went past me on his bike without saying a word. I really wanted to know the time though!
I don't think these guys got the reactions they wanted from me :lol:

My nan once attacked a flasher with her umbrella :D She was coming back home from church and the perv was waiting in a nearby pine grove... like 50m from the church!

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Aug 2017, 12:40 pm

Your response was very good. Classic in fact - would have made a nice video clip!

Your "nan's" (gran? nanny?) response was funny too. Reminds me of Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in Lord of the Rings, elderly little hobbit going on the attack with her umbrella when provoked!

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 12:50 pm

SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
I get triggered when people say this. I think Cat-calling is a case by case thing. It's typically offensive based on when and how you do it, but if you are considered attractive to someone I think it's taken as just another method of flirting. One of those double standard things if you will.

Of course. Both cat calling and flashing can be aggressive, but typically, none of them are. Both are indeed similar to flirting. It's just that in Western culture, we think that dating is the only valid way to pursue a relationship. It's so entrenched in our thinking so we use "dating" as a general term for all kinds of ways to get into relationships, regardless if there is any real dating or not.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 12:54 pm

AngelRho wrote:
PatrickJane wrote:
I believe it is a cultural thing. In ancient greek it was the other way around. The male body was considered the pinnacle of beauty.

Yep. And they were totally into pederasty, too.

Doesn't make it right.

There is no wrong or right in that area. It's all about attitudes that differ from culture to culture.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 3:12 pm

rdos wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
PatrickJane wrote:
I believe it is a cultural thing. In ancient greek it was the other way around. The male body was considered the pinnacle of beauty.

Doesn't make it right.

There is no wrong or right in that area. It's all about attitudes that differ from culture to culture.

So you're perfectly ok with men abusing their positions of trust and authority to have sexual relationships with young boys? Interesting...

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 3:37 pm

AngelRho wrote:
rdos wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
PatrickJane wrote:

Doesn't make it right.

So you're perfectly ok with men abusing their positions of trust and authority to have sexual relationships with young boys? Interesting...

Not really, but there is more to it than that.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 5:18 pm

rdos wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
rdos wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
PatrickJane wrote:

Yep. And they were totally into [redacted], too.

Doesn't make it right.

So you're perfectly ok with men abusing their positions of trust and authority to have [redacted]? Interesting...

Not really, but there is more to it than that.

There are quite a few men in the national [offensive] registry (and women, too, I'm sure) who would say the same thing.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 10:12 pm

Cat calling is ALWAYS aggressive. Try talking to women about it, rather than making armchair philosophy. It is nothing like flirting.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Aug 2017, 11:11 pm

Flirting and catcalling is still subjective. It's only catcalling when the woman doesn't like it.

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Aug 2017, 11:26 pm

Aaendi wrote:
Flirting and catcalling is still subjective. It's only catcalling when the woman doesn't like it.

Agreed.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 12:18 am

Dream on.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 1:49 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
Cat calling is ALWAYS aggressive. Try talking to women about it, rather than making armchair philosophy. It is nothing like flirting.

Read the research article. There were many women in the study that didn't find catcalling disgusting, and many that didn't get afraid, although it was more common among NTs.

Besides, there is a thin line between cat calling and trying to get the attention of a woman a guy is interested in. Cat calling simply fits pretty well into the normal courtship behavior of NTs.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 1:51 am

Whatever. Go ahead and reinforce these absurd ideas. Less competition for me. More moaning on the boards about how women treat them so unfairly, but it will barely move the needle.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 2:02 am

rdos wrote:

Not peer reviewed or published. N>3,000, which looks promising, but the quiz was taken online from a variety of unspecified sources. I doubt it will pass peer review or get published, despite being exciting reading. There's no way to know how many of the "women" who took the quiz actually identify as women, or have lady parts.

Researchgate bills itself as a social networking site for scientists. They can post drafts of papers, and seek collaborators for research. Nothing there should be taken as part of the book, yet. I don't think I'd want to work with this guy.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 4:02 am

It's not the body part that grossed her out. It was the act of that pervert exposing himself. Exhibitionism is a mental illness that applies to all genders.