Why are women grossed out by the male body?

Page 7 of 14 [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 4:02 am

It's not the body part that grossed her out. It was the act of that pervert exposing himself. Exhibitionism is a mental illness that applies to all genders.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 4:14 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
Not peer reviewed or published.

It's been on peer-review several times, and the reason it was not published was because it was too controversial for the journals involved, and not because of flaws in the study, which the peer-reviewers couldn't point out. Rather, they simply disliked the research as it challenged their long-held theories and prejudices.

jrjones9933 wrote:
N>3,000, which looks promising, but the quiz was taken online from a variety of unspecified sources.

The quiz has been both peer-reviewed and published, so that is not valid.

jrjones9933 wrote:
I doubt it will pass peer review or get published, despite being exciting reading. There's no way to know how many of the "women" who took the quiz actually identify as women, or have lady parts.

Now you are just being silly. :roll:

People selected their gender long before they were asked about flashing. In fact, the question about flashing was mixed-up with normal autistic questions, only given to women, and participants primarily did Aspie Quiz to see if they had autistic traits. IOW, getting this survey was completely unexpected. Additionally, there was no direct link to the survey, rather, people had to fill out 100+ questions in Aspie Quiz first.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 7:06 am

rdos wrote:
SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
I get triggered when people say this. I think Cat-calling is a case by case thing. It's typically offensive based on when and how you do it, but if you are considered attractive to someone I think it's taken as just another method of flirting. One of those double standard things if you will.

Of course. Both cat calling and flashing can be aggressive, but typically, none of them are. Both are indeed similar to flirting. It's just that in Western culture, we think that dating is the only valid way to pursue a relationship. It's so entrenched in our thinking so we use "dating" as a general term for all kinds of ways to get into relationships, regardless if there is any real dating or not.

Cat-calling and flashing are almost always aggressive.

:roll:

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Aug 2017, 10:58 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
Whatever. Go ahead and reinforce these absurd ideas. Less competition for me. More moaning on the boards about how women treat them so unfairly, but it will barely move the needle.

If a guy says "You're cute" to a girl, how would you know what the guy is thinking?

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 5:20 pm

Aaendi wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Whatever. Go ahead and reinforce these absurd ideas. Less competition for me. More moaning on the boards about how women treat them so unfairly, but it will barely move the needle.

If a guy says "You're cute" to a girl, how would you know what the guy is thinking?

I would take, "You're cute," as a compliment.

"Nice ass, b***h," is not.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 7:19 pm

Context matters. "You're cute" comes across differently when offered deferentially by a person standing nearby, than when shouted across a parking lot.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 4:36 am

XFilesGeek wrote:

Not if he shouted it at you. Neither if he had a knife in his hand. Or if he was very ugly. Compliments are only words and need to be related to the situation.

XFilesGeek wrote:

I'd bet some women would take it as a compliment if it was said by somebody super-attractive.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 7:07 pm

rdos wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

Not if he shouted it at you. Neither if he had a knife in his hand. Or if he was very ugly. Compliments are only words and need to be related to the situation.

XFilesGeek wrote:

I'd bet some women would take it as a compliment if it was said by somebody super-attractive.

While I may partially agree with you, I've found debating or discussing the issue to be of little help or use to anyone. Saying words such as [expletive], [offensive], and so forth are often viewed as [redacted] and probably violate TOS, especially with regard to [stereotype] and/or [generalization]. I'd rather not see yet another good thread get locked.

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

14 Aug 2017, 8:20 pm

the only thing about it that they would be grossed out by are guys with aspergers (i have it myself),based on how severely awkward we appear to them,whether it be in high school :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: or in the neighborhood

synthpop
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Aug 2017, 1:45 am

No one really wants to see genitals if they're not in the mood to see genitals. It's not complicated.
As for men gawking at breasts, that's a bit different. Breasts aren't genitalia, but they're still extremely sexualized, particularly by men. I would become uncomfortable, simply due to social conditioning inducing a perception of sexual nature, if a woman were to rip her shirt off and expose her chest to me. I really, honestly, think most people would unless the woman was exposing herself to someone already attracted to her.
If a woman were to spread her legs whilst naked in front of a crowd I'm sure everyone would be freaked out.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 6:52 am

synthpop wrote:
No one really wants to see genitals if they're not in the mood to see genitals. It's not complicated.
As for men gawking at breasts, that's a bit different. Breasts aren't genitalia, but they're still extremely sexualized, particularly by men. I would become uncomfortable, simply due to social conditioning inducing a perception of sexual nature, if a woman were to rip her shirt off and expose her chest to me. I really, honestly, think most people would unless the woman was exposing herself to someone already attracted to her.
If a woman were to spread her legs whilst naked in front of a crowd I'm sure everyone would be freaked out.

Suits me. B00bs don't do it for me, anyway. It'll all about feet. If a girl really is that ugly, as in uglier than me, put a paper bag over her head, dress modestly, and as long as she has pretty feet we're good.

kdm1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Aug 2017, 6:47 pm

WHAT!??!?!?!?

I loooooove the male body. :heart: I used to collect pictures of hotties, topless or less, not long after I hit adolescence. I found a way around some of the age filters to find pics of the nudes. I put pics of favorites in a secret diary.

I'm now married, so it would be wrong to do that now. Thankfully, my husband is very fit and attractive! :) I never tire of observing and touching him.

I have gathered, nonetheless, that an apparently significant number of supposedly "heterosexual" women, for some reason, do not find the male body as appealing as I do. I seem to look at men the way men look at women. I think the only measurable difference between me and the way heterosexual men view women, is that I prefer to see the entire man at once. Just seeing his package alone, or a body part alone, is a bit too impersonal -- but seeing a face to go along with the hot body parts (that is, everything at once), that's always super exciting. :D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 6:49 pm

You're definitely my kind of woman! LOL

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 10:16 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You're definitely my kind of woman! LOL

Yeah, she is pretty awesome, that's one lucky dude.

kdm1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Aug 2017, 10:39 pm

Thanks, but I consider myself the more blessed of the two. I landed quite the stud. :D

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 2:56 am

kdm1984 wrote:
WHAT!??!?!?!?

I loooooove the male body. :heart: I used to collect pictures of hotties, topless or less, not long after I hit adolescence. I found a way around some of the age filters to find pics of the nudes. I put pics of favorites in a secret diary.

I'm now married, so it would be wrong to do that now. Thankfully, my husband is very fit and attractive! :) I never tire of observing and touching him.

I have gathered, nonetheless, that an apparently significant number of supposedly "heterosexual" women, for some reason, do not find the male body as appealing as I do. I seem to look at men the way men look at women. I think the only measurable difference between me and the way heterosexual men view women, is that I prefer to see the entire man at once. Just seeing his package alone, or a body part alone, is a bit too impersonal -- but seeing a face to go along with the hot body parts (that is, everything at once), that's always super exciting. :D

That's kind of what I concluded too. It's only a few percent of women that are like that, but they certainly do exist, despite some claims that they don't.