Being slim is now out of fashion for a guy?

Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,577
Location: Near London United Kingdom

07 Sep 2017, 2:57 pm

Am I the only one who thinks that being a chubby overweight man these days is more in fashion compared to 10 years ago? Or has it always been like that?

A lot of my associates who are OBESE in fact are popular with the ladies on nights out. Some of my friends I know who are skinny are shunned and disliked by more women compared to my heavier set friends.


I myself am bulky so I am neither skinny or fat. I have observed though that fat guys seem to be more popular than bulky or slim guys.



wanderlust77
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 27 Aug 2017
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Posts: 134
Location: Ireland

07 Sep 2017, 3:24 pm

Slim or muscular. I have zero attraction for chubby guys.
First of all I don't think they have the stamina to be good in bed. Second I am very active in my daily life. I don't want a lazy man.
Also I think a male body should be lean muscle, that's sexy. Obese guys are NOT even if they are really nice.

The only thing I can imagine why they are popular is safety. They are safe to talk to.



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,614
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

07 Sep 2017, 3:37 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks that being a chubby overweight man these days is more in fashion compared to 10 years ago? Or has it always been like that?

A lot of my associates who are OBESE in fact are popular with the ladies on nights out. Some of my friends I know who are skinny are shunned and disliked by more women compared to my heavier set friends.


I myself am bulky so I am neither skinny or fat. I have observed though that fat guys seem to be more popular than bulky or slim guys.



Because....he can roll in bed. It's so sexy, you know.... rolling on girls you know. Ha ha..ha-

But seriously, they tend to funny, but that doesn't mean these girls are having anything sexual with this guy, probably just seen as the clown of the gang.



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,577
Location: Near London United Kingdom

07 Sep 2017, 5:10 pm

wanderlust77 wrote:
Slim or muscular. I have zero attraction for chubby guys.
First of all I don't think they have the stamina to be good in bed. Second I am very active in my daily life. I don't want a lazy man.
Also I think a male body should be lean muscle, that's sexy. Obese guys are NOT even if they are really nice.

The only thing I can imagine why they are popular is safety. They are safe to talk to.



dont get what you mean by safe to talk too?

Oh and just my opinion but I bet if David Beckham and jack black went too a vip party the majority of the women attending would be more interested in talking to jack because he has more wit and personality. But yes Beckham probably would make it too the bedroom easier than jack black :)



Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2017
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 585
Location: Sweden

07 Sep 2017, 5:18 pm

Maybe it's because the average person in the west, is becoming larger and larger. Both men and women are getting fatter, so the fat women hit on the fat men? Might be a stupid hypothesis...

In any case, I hope not, or else I have an insane amount of eating ahead of me.



sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,435
Location: US

07 Sep 2017, 5:33 pm

As a kinda fat guy, no it's not. Women never will find fat guys attractive :(



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 27,259
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

07 Sep 2017, 5:45 pm

wanderlust77 wrote:
Slim or muscular. I have zero attraction for chubby guys.
First of all I don't think they have the stamina to be good in bed. Second I am very active in my daily life. I don't want a lazy man.
Also I think a male body should be lean muscle, that's sexy. Obese guys are NOT even if they are really nice.

The only thing I can imagine why they are popular is safety. They are safe to talk to.


Not enough stamina to be good in bed?....ha my boyfriend is certainly on the chubbier side and I certainly wouldn't say that about him lol.


_________________
It's the end of the world,
And a happy end of the world....to you.
-The Ghost of Lemora- another band I really like.


The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,614
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

07 Sep 2017, 5:49 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
wanderlust77 wrote:
Slim or muscular. I have zero attraction for chubby guys.
First of all I don't think they have the stamina to be good in bed. Second I am very active in my daily life. I don't want a lazy man.
Also I think a male body should be lean muscle, that's sexy. Obese guys are NOT even if they are really nice.

The only thing I can imagine why they are popular is safety. They are safe to talk to.


Not enough stamina to be good in bed?....ha my boyfriend is certainly on the chubbier side and I certainly wouldn't say that about him lol.


It's your turn to post your sextape in the other thread.



Zaarin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2017
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 68

07 Sep 2017, 5:53 pm

Jamesy wrote:
wanderlust77 wrote:
Slim or muscular. I have zero attraction for chubby guys.
First of all I don't think they have the stamina to be good in bed. Second I am very active in my daily life. I don't want a lazy man.
Also I think a male body should be lean muscle, that's sexy. Obese guys are NOT even if they are really nice.

The only thing I can imagine why they are popular is safety. They are safe to talk to.



dont get what you mean by safe to talk too?

Oh and just my opinion but I bet if David Beckham and jack black went too a vip party the majority of the women attending would be more interested in talking to jack because he has more wit and personality. But yes Beckham probably would make it too the bedroom easier than jack black :)

"Jack Black" and "wit" do not belong in the same sentence; his humor is about as lowbrow as it gets...


_________________
But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

--"Galadriel's Song of Eldamar"


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 27,259
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

07 Sep 2017, 5:56 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
wanderlust77 wrote:
Slim or muscular. I have zero attraction for chubby guys.
First of all I don't think they have the stamina to be good in bed. Second I am very active in my daily life. I don't want a lazy man.
Also I think a male body should be lean muscle, that's sexy. Obese guys are NOT even if they are really nice.

The only thing I can imagine why they are popular is safety. They are safe to talk to.


Not enough stamina to be good in bed?....ha my boyfriend is certainly on the chubbier side and I certainly wouldn't say that about him lol.


It's your turn to post your sextape in the other thread.

:lol:


_________________
It's the end of the world,
And a happy end of the world....to you.
-The Ghost of Lemora- another band I really like.


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 27,259
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

07 Sep 2017, 6:00 pm

Zaarin wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
wanderlust77 wrote:
Slim or muscular. I have zero attraction for chubby guys.
First of all I don't think they have the stamina to be good in bed. Second I am very active in my daily life. I don't want a lazy man.
Also I think a male body should be lean muscle, that's sexy. Obese guys are NOT even if they are really nice.

The only thing I can imagine why they are popular is safety. They are safe to talk to.



dont get what you mean by safe to talk too?

Oh and just my opinion but I bet if David Beckham and jack black went too a vip party the majority of the women attending would be more interested in talking to jack because he has more wit and personality. But yes Beckham probably would make it too the bedroom easier than jack black :)

"Jack Black" and "wit" do not belong in the same sentence; his humor is about as lowbrow as it gets...


8O, I disagree Jack Black is awesome....if you want lowbrow garbage then there is Dane Cook.


_________________
It's the end of the world,
And a happy end of the world....to you.
-The Ghost of Lemora- another band I really like.


Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Mar 2016
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,151
Location: UK

07 Sep 2017, 6:03 pm

Another thread where someone selects a single attribute and blames that single attribute for them being single and other people being dates.

Here it's chubby.... I'm single because I'm slim, my fat friends get dates.

Normally it's... I'm single because I'm fat, my slim friends get dates. I'm single because I have no job, my working friends get dates. I'm single because I have no car, my mobile friends get dates. I single because I'm a nice guy, my douchebag friends get dates. Why are women so shallow!

There is no single reason you can't get dates, women look at the whole package so stop looking for convenient scapegoats.



Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jan 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,054
Location: The Vile Belt

07 Sep 2017, 6:11 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks that being a chubby overweight man these days is more in fashion compared to 10 years ago? Or has it always been like that?

A lot of my associates who are OBESE in fact are popular with the ladies on nights out. Some of my friends I know who are skinny are shunned and disliked by more women compared to my heavier set friends.


I myself am bulky so I am neither skinny or fat. I have observed though that fat guys seem to be more popular than bulky or slim guys.


Here in the Bible Belt, being chubby or fat only works in getting girls if you are a redneck or hip hopper. In my observation, they care less about physical appearances and more about how loud or "bad ass" you are. A lot of the women in those cultures tend to be chubby or fat as well.

Someone like me who is overweight despite exercising like crazy in my early to mid 20's (Something must be wrong with my genetics) and doesn't fit in with the mainstream Christian society already has a stacked deck. I don't fish in that pond anymore (Not in the last ten years of my life) because I stopped calling myself a Christian but growing up in that culture, I was told I needed to be an iron pumping alpha jerk and call myself a "Christian" if I wanted a girlfriend.

I used to know someone who made me look skinny and he had never dated nor had sex in his life. In addition to having autism, he was also bipolar, had Tourette's syndrome, had both ADHD as well as OCD, and had the mental age of a 5 year old. No girls came up to him unless they wanted to exploit his gullibility and naivety; his only "girlfriend" made him buy her cigarettes as well as groceries and a mall kiosk worker pretended to be his friend as well as guilt tripped him for money but even they would not have sex with him. His parents took him to church because his mental conditions inable him from driving a vehicle and he complained to me how none of the church girls liked him because he was fat.



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,577
Location: Near London United Kingdom

07 Sep 2017, 8:04 pm

Marknis wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks that being a chubby overweight man these days is more in fashion compared to 10 years ago? Or has it always been like that?

A lot of my associates who are OBESE in fact are popular with the ladies on nights out. Some of my friends I know who are skinny are shunned and disliked by more women compared to my heavier set friends.


I myself am bulky so I am neither skinny or fat. I have observed though that fat guys seem to be more popular than bulky or slim guys.


Here in the Bible Belt, being chubby or fat only works in getting girls if you are a redneck or hip hopper. In my observation, they care less about physical appearances and more about how loud or "bad ass" you are. A lot of the women in those cultures tend to be chubby or fat as well.

Someone like me who is overweight despite exercising like crazy in my early to mid 20's (Something must be wrong with my genetics) and doesn't fit in with the mainstream Christian society already has a stacked deck. I don't fish in that pond anymore (Not in the last ten years of my life) because I stopped calling myself a Christian but growing up in that culture, I was told I needed to be an iron pumping alpha jerk and call myself a "Christian" if I wanted a girlfriend.

I used to know someone who made me look skinny and he had never dated nor had sex in his life. In addition to having autism, he was also bipolar, had Tourette's syndrome, had both ADHD as well as OCD, and had the mental age of a 5 year old. No girls came up to him unless they wanted to exploit his gullibility and naivety; his only "girlfriend" made him buy her cigarettes as well as groceries and a mall kiosk worker pretended to be his friend as well as guilt tripped him for money but even they would not have sex with him. His parents took him to church because his mental conditions inable him from driving a vehicle and he complained to me how none of the church girls liked him because he was fat.





My brother said once the only reason why heavy guys are approached by a lot of women is because they think "there a gullible fat boy"



Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jan 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,054
Location: The Vile Belt

07 Sep 2017, 9:20 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks that being a chubby overweight man these days is more in fashion compared to 10 years ago? Or has it always been like that?

A lot of my associates who are OBESE in fact are popular with the ladies on nights out. Some of my friends I know who are skinny are shunned and disliked by more women compared to my heavier set friends.


I myself am bulky so I am neither skinny or fat. I have observed though that fat guys seem to be more popular than bulky or slim guys.


Here in the Bible Belt, being chubby or fat only works in getting girls if you are a redneck or hip hopper. In my observation, they care less about physical appearances and more about how loud or "bad ass" you are. A lot of the women in those cultures tend to be chubby or fat as well.

Someone like me who is overweight despite exercising like crazy in my early to mid 20's (Something must be wrong with my genetics) and doesn't fit in with the mainstream Christian society already has a stacked deck. I don't fish in that pond anymore (Not in the last ten years of my life) because I stopped calling myself a Christian but growing up in that culture, I was told I needed to be an iron pumping alpha jerk and call myself a "Christian" if I wanted a girlfriend.

I used to know someone who made me look skinny and he had never dated nor had sex in his life. In addition to having autism, he was also bipolar, had Tourette's syndrome, had both ADHD as well as OCD, and had the mental age of a 5 year old. No girls came up to him unless they wanted to exploit his gullibility and naivety; his only "girlfriend" made him buy her cigarettes as well as groceries and a mall kiosk worker pretended to be his friend as well as guilt tripped him for money but even they would not have sex with him. His parents took him to church because his mental conditions inable him from driving a vehicle and he complained to me how none of the church girls liked him because he was fat.





My brother said once the only reason why heavy guys are approached by a lot of women is because they think "there a gullible fat boy"


Not always. I saw a cute geeky girl holding hands with a fat geeky guy when I was going to college earlier in the year and they appeared genuinely in love since they were both smiling. That's another group that tends to put less importance on looks but unfortunately, they are in the extreme minority where I live and I am locked out of the social scene.