10 year age gap. Can a 29 old date a 19 year old?

Page 9 of 10 [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 5:33 pm

When President Trump married the First Lady their ages were 58 and 34. According to Cosmo they first got together when she was 28.

Last edited by BTDT on 15 Nov 2017, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cat23
Raven
Raven

15 Nov 2017, 5:35 pm

Oooooh that makes me happy. Now I can spend the rest of my day in happy dream land thnx

Aside from her being a supermodel but otherwise totally similar somehow I think he did the initiating too. Hmm they do seem happy.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 8:10 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
I also had a friend who was 31 and dated a 19 year old. It didn't last because of the maturity gap: she was far too mature for him.

I have a terrible feeling the same thing would happen to me if I dated a 19 year old.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 8:12 pm

Was in the same boat beginning of the year.
10 years isn't a large gap for adults but when one of the adults is a teenager or just entering their 20's then that's a completely different kettle of fish.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Nov 2017, 4:07 am

BTDT wrote:
Yes, it actually makes sense for a young women to marry a guy who is older if she wants to quickly have a family. An older guy is more likely to have a steady job that will support a family and enough money saved up to buy a house or at least enough to take out a mortgage.
What about if the guy is a loser with no job, not going to college & not disabled or anything & ends up moving in with the girl & her parents partly cuz the girl is still in high-skewl. Situations like that actually aren't that uncommon where I'm from.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 4:22 am

nick007 wrote:
BTDT wrote:
Yes, it actually makes sense for a young women to marry a guy who is older if she wants to quickly have a family. An older guy is more likely to have a steady job that will support a family and enough money saved up to buy a house or at least enough to take out a mortgage.
What about if the guy is a loser with no job, not going to college & not disabled or anything & ends up moving in with the girl & her parents partly cuz the girl is still in high-skewl. Situations like that actually aren't that uncommon where I'm from.

He must be good attractive and have good social skills.

Cat23
Raven
Raven

16 Nov 2017, 4:30 am

I suggest u move

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Nov 2017, 7:21 am

sly279 wrote:
New lady at work is cute I'm trying to talk to her as much as me can when she goes by. Other lady things I should "just make a move" (i dont know how) and that the new lady is nice. She smiles when I talk to her but then so do some other girls who are in relationships so i dont know. Anyways I looked her up on Facebook and she graduated high school in 2016, so that'd make her 18/19 :/

First off, there's no problem at all in the age gap as long as you don't think you just became the main character in a love story. Keep your head cool.

I don't mean to alarm you but... if other ladies are pushing you to make a move there's a chance that your one already knows about you and is just waiting for you to make a move. That is, if you can totally trust these women, you really should waste no more time. Ask the woman out for a coffee as "friends", have a little chat and uncover more about your woman.

Remember this must be all about her: find out her interests. Family, kids, pets, tv shows... express that you are interested in her, just don't do that with words. Don't talk much about yourself unless she asks questions, in that case you be very brief and vague, so that the conversation can stretch for a while (because she will be curious). Don't try to be funny. Just be natural. Most important, wear a content face.

On the other hand if you can't trust those girls, there's a chance that they just want to see you fail. However, the whole "friendly brief conversation" idea still stands. Don't go full pedal to the metal, be as discrete as possible, don't let anyone see you asking her out.

That's my advice for age gap *before* the relationship starts. Whenever you are both together and if you feel like needing more advice, feel free to come to me and I'll gladly try to offer the best possible help.

If she rejects you though, for whatever reason, just forget about her immediately. It's "hello, goodbye" in the morning at its best.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 2:41 am

The girl told another female working when asked thst she didn’t like me. That was two months ago. I don’t talk to or make eye contact with her..

krustykrabpunx
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Jan 2018, 11:17 am

No! I'm sure that stuff happens, but look at it this way: if you need to ask people if it's okay, then that's a red flag. There's a lot of 19-year-olds that are uncomfortable with dating guys out of their age range. Also, it's never a good idea to ask date a co-worker. You can be friends obviously, but coming on to her in any way is just going to be uncomfortable for her. She's there to do her job and better herself. Assuming anything else would be highly presumptuous.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 11:23 am

The woman can always say "no." Sly's not the type to be a creep, and to follow her around or anything.

I don't think it's a particularly bad thing for a 29-year-old man to want to date a 19-year-old woman.

It's probably not good to have a relationship with a co-worker, especially when she works in the same department as you, under the same supervisor.

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 11:33 am

I dated a woman who was about 27 when I was 19, we were together off and on for a few years. Age difference didn't seem to be a problem. Also went out with a 37 year old when I was 30.

PBL187
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 3:42 am

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
I also had a friend who was 31 and dated a 19 year old. It didn't last because of the maturity gap: she was far too mature for him.

Why do I get the feeling that "she" was the 19 year old? :lol:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 7:13 am

PBL187 wrote:
GiantHockeyFan wrote:

Why do I get the feeling that "she" was the 19 year old? :lol:

It happens. A lot of 19 year olds are more mature than me lol

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 2:21 pm

Course they can. 19 years old is a legal adult. Stuff what other people think.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 2:22 pm

sly279 wrote:
The girl told another female working when asked thst she didn’t like me. That was two months ago. I don’t talk to or make eye contact with her..

Unfortunately aspies can come across that way. It’s not fair, but it happens to all of us.