Why are women so triggered by the friendzone?

Page 17 of 18 [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

bobchaos
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Sep 2017, 7:14 am

Booyakasha wrote:
why bother? whatever we do we'll be lynched.

I'm gone from this place.

Guys, you even broke the mods :O

Sorry you feel that way Booyakasha, best I can say is that for every idiot lynching you there's likely hundreds of us quietly approving and cheering. Thanks for the efforts you put in these forums, I assure you they haven't gone unnoticed, but I can't blame you if you want out cuz

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
It's a thankless and unpaid job anyway- I wonder why anyone would want to be a mod. lol

***edit*** TheSpectrum, I assure you I'd never hit that report button, that would deprive me of the entertainment that is watching this ridiculous conversation unfold ;) Stuff about cups and rape and whatnot, it's priceless XD I gotta be honest, I was in a really s**t mood when I posted that and I was kinda trolling, I shouldn't do that tho it's not cool. Sorry :(

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 10:59 am

Read back, and note that I'm not the one who brought up rape. I offered a plausible explanation for the connection, and no one has meaningfully refuted it. Calling me an idiot SJW troll fetishish, etc. refutes nothing.

If calling out bigotry gets conflated with name calling, that will benefit the bigots tremendously. The bigots want to say they only state facts, but they have facts and beliefs confused, and often don't know the difference between personal experience and statistics (this is easy to check by reading their posts). Am I attacking them by pointing this out? I feel like I have attacked their arguments by going after the beliefs which underlie those arguments, but they take it personally and respond with clear personal attacks.

This thread seems to involve a few real issues that we can debate:

Does the word friendzone carry a lot of baggage based on its origins and popular usage? PF wants to create a hypothetical where the person who uses it exists outside that history and gets unjustifiably attacked for using it. I don't know what that accomplishes, but okay, the guy is innocent. From here forward, lets discuss people who actually exist.

Hordes of women lie in wait for that innocent man to use the word. Rather than engage in a discussion about the history and implications, they tear him to shreds on the spot. Does this ever happen in reality?

Has everyone who uses the term unpacked the history and implications, and do they understand their own psychology well enough to critique their own selfish motivations? I think the answer is obviously not. Do they intend to make an effort to examine both? Sadly, same answer. Easier to just call someone who asks the question names and ignore the questions.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Sep 2017, 1:12 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:
No, just how he brought that topic in here rather than debating the actual topic.

LOL Wait WAS HE trolling holy s**t i took that bait well. I didn't realize that, I was like how did we get to the point of supporting rape....

You said all rapists have bad minds, and can't be judged by normal standards. That makes it impossible for a normal person to commit rape, which actually happens. It's called rape culture.

LOL! Of course only bad men rape. You seriously think the average guy would risk going to jail, for masterbating in a woman, when he could just masterbate on his bed instead?

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 1:21 pm

How did we go from the friendzone to rape culture? What even is this rape culture?

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Sep 2017, 1:41 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
How did we go from the friendzone to rape culture? What even is this rape culture?

Apparently this guy is a troll, the one who brought up rape. If he is he is a good troll I'm impressed. WE could choose to ignore him but I want to see how far he goes.

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Sep 2017, 1:42 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Read back, and note that I'm not the one who brought up rape. I offered a plausible explanation for the connection, and no one has meaningfully refuted it. Calling me an idiot SJW troll fetishish, etc. refutes nothing.

If calling out bigotry gets conflated with name calling, that will benefit the bigots tremendously. The bigots want to say they only state facts, but they have facts and beliefs confused, and often don't know the difference between personal experience and statistics (this is easy to check by reading their posts). Am I attacking them by pointing this out? I feel like I have attacked their arguments by going after the beliefs which underlie those arguments, but they take it personally and respond with clear personal attacks.

This thread seems to involve a few real issues that we can debate:

Does the word friendzone carry a lot of baggage based on its origins and popular usage? PF wants to create a hypothetical where the person who uses it exists outside that history and gets unjustifiably attacked for using it. I don't know what that accomplishes, but okay, the guy is innocent. From here forward, lets discuss people who actually exist.

Hordes of women lie in wait for that innocent man to use the word. Rather than engage in a discussion about the history and implications, they tear him to shreds on the spot. Does this ever happen in reality?

Has everyone who uses the term unpacked the history and implications, and do they understand their own psychology well enough to critique their own selfish motivations? I think the answer is obviously not. Do they intend to make an effort to examine both? Sadly, same answer. Easier to just call someone who asks the question names and ignore the questions.

Tell us more about how rape matters, also out of curiosity is this just limited to people rape, like how to people who rape their animals fit into all of this?

B19
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 3:26 pm

I think that this thread is now so off topic and we have received so many reports that it's over and out at this stage.