Why are women so triggered by the friendzone?

Page 4 of 18 [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 2:23 am

SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
sly279 wrote:
SilverStar wrote:
Women friendzone guys all the time. I see it everyday. Guys do it as well, but it is not nearly as common.

They aren't romantically attracted to them, but they will still keep them around, and even do the same things a romantic couple would do.

This happens for many reasons, such as: insecurity, low self-esteem, one or both people lying about, or hiding their intentions, being naïve, socially clueless, selfishness, etc.

Guys will hang out with women, and pretend to be their best friend, when in reality, they are actually romantically interested in them. They won't ever tell them though, because they have either been turned down already, or they are afraid of being turned down. They think if they stick around long enough, and spend more time with them, they might one day change their mind (this very rarely happens).

Friendzoning people is basically leading the other person on, if you aren't honest about your intentions. I think this is the main reason why women get mad about it, if you bring it up.

And this is why the whole "friends first" idea is false. Once a friend with a woman she'll always see you as a friend. Like you said women rarely change their mind on guy friends being romantic partners

Actually this is not true. It's just some bs women will tell you to make it easier. IF this WAS true why do so many men who were undesirable before become famous and then women find them attractive. Come on man see the bigger picture here I've had serious conversations with women about this stuff. It all comes down to the E.

I am not sure about that though, Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg were unattractive nerds (Mark did struggle with females), yet we don't see they have female fans chasing them.

So no, fame alone won't make men attractive, only attractive famous men are fancied in mass.

??? I don't even know how to respond to this. One if you honestly don't think that women would chase Bill Gates or Zuckerberg giving the circumstances surrounding them, IF they were single and available I don't even. Like what is this.

Availability has nothing to do with it, Alexander Skarsgard and Ryan Reynolds for example aren't available either but you can find countless of comments by women about how sexy they are on sites like jezebel.

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Sep 2017, 3:08 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
sly279 wrote:
SilverStar wrote:
Women friendzone guys all the time. I see it everyday. Guys do it as well, but it is not nearly as common.

They aren't romantically attracted to them, but they will still keep them around, and even do the same things a romantic couple would do.

This happens for many reasons, such as: insecurity, low self-esteem, one or both people lying about, or hiding their intentions, being naïve, socially clueless, selfishness, etc.

Guys will hang out with women, and pretend to be their best friend, when in reality, they are actually romantically interested in them. They won't ever tell them though, because they have either been turned down already, or they are afraid of being turned down. They think if they stick around long enough, and spend more time with them, they might one day change their mind (this very rarely happens).

Friendzoning people is basically leading the other person on, if you aren't honest about your intentions. I think this is the main reason why women get mad about it, if you bring it up.

And this is why the whole "friends first" idea is false. Once a friend with a woman she'll always see you as a friend. Like you said women rarely change their mind on guy friends being romantic partners

Actually this is not true. It's just some bs women will tell you to make it easier. IF this WAS true why do so many men who were undesirable before become famous and then women find them attractive. Come on man see the bigger picture here I've had serious conversations with women about this stuff. It all comes down to the E.

I am not sure about that though, Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg were unattractive nerds (Mark did struggle with females), yet we don't see they have female fans chasing them.

So no, fame alone won't make men attractive, only attractive famous men are fancied in mass.

??? I don't even know how to respond to this. One if you honestly don't think that women would chase Bill Gates or Zuckerberg giving the circumstances surrounding them, IF they were single and available I don't even. Like what is this.

Availability has nothing to do with it, Alexander Skarsgard and Ryan Reynolds for example aren't available either but you can find countless of comments by women about how sexy they are on sites like jezebel.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say just comments on the internet don't really apply to this.

wanderlust77
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Sep 2017, 3:21 am

Maybe you don't see women commenting how sexy Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg is but trust me, if they met in real life, most women would bend over backward to please and impress them. It doesn't matter that they are unattractive nerds.

Women are triggered by the friendzone because if you are friendzoned as a woman that means you are not attractive enough. Circumstances don't matter. Women are judged by their looks and if they are not attractive enough...
Also a lot of women have narcissitic traits, basically "how dare you not find be beautiful????"

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 3:57 am

wanderlust77 wrote:
Maybe you don't see women commenting how sexy Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg is but trust me, if they met in real life, most women would bend over backward to please and impress them. It doesn't matter that they are unattractive nerds.

Women are triggered by the friendzone because if you are friendzoned as a woman that means you are not attractive enough. Circumstances don't matter. Women are judged by their looks and if they are not attractive enough...
Also a lot of women have narcissitic traits, basically "how dare you not find be beautiful????"

Are you saying it's cause of their money and status? Cause me saying that people say I'm misogynistic. I don't disagree it is interesting to see a woman here say it. I see women everywhere else admit to it though.

The op means women are triggered by men saying they were friend zoned.yiu won't find many women here who'll admit women get friend zoned as that'd mean admitting it happens to men too.
Women are judged by looks, while men are judged by looks and their income.

Most women are beautiful though. I find about 95% of women beautiful and gorgeous. Which is unfortunate for me as if they beautiful they'll never date me and I can't bring myself to date the 5% I find unattractive and would never kiss. Women are lucky, except those 5% though most of them are in relationships. So even they're lucky. As a woman odds are theirs millions of guys who'll find you attractive regardless what you look like. What's really sad is even a lot of those 5% think they too good for me.

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Sep 2017, 4:06 am

sly279 wrote:
wanderlust77 wrote:

Are you saying it's cause of their money and status? Cause me saying that people say I'm misogynistic. I don't disagree it is interesting to see a woman here say it. I see women everywhere else admit to it though.

The op means women are triggered by men saying they were friend zoned.yiu won't find many women here who'll admit women get friend zoned as that'd mean admitting it happens to men too.
Women are judged by looks, while men are judged by looks and their income.

Most women are beautiful though. I find about 95% of women beautiful and gorgeous. Which is unfortunate for me as if they beautiful they'll never date me and I can't bring myself to date the 5% I find unattractive and would never kiss. Women are lucky, except those 5% though most of them are in relationships. So even they're lucky. As a woman odds are theirs millions of guys who'll find you attractive regardless what you look like. What's really sad is even a lot of those 5% think they too good for me.

It evens out eventually trust me. Women as they age lose a lot of the dating power they had when they were younger trust.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 4:11 am

Doesn't seem like it I look at older women profiles and ads too, they demand the same stuff 21 olds do. I have no interest in dating older women and never will even when I'm 40'i won't want to date a 40 old. Not that they'd date me it'll be worse for for me then. Most of them have a home and don't want a guy who doesn't have a great income. And they're less pretty as they age and don't want sex or romance anymore. As well as most have teenagers or adult children, nah I'll probably have to find a way to die after 35. North Korea heating up though so maybe or a war with China, maybe the military would lower their standards if they had to draft people. I dont know there's always possibility of random accident too, whatever I hope it's instant I'm not one for pain.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 4:58 am

Raleigh wrote:
Don't really understand the fedora reference in the OP.

The kind of guys on dating sites, social media etc that present as "Nice Guys" always complaining that women only date jerks and that they're always friendzoned because they're too "nice" are equated with the type of guys that wear fedora hats, seemingly as a way to reinforce how unique and gentlemanly they are.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/fedora-shaming

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 5:37 am

Nicest guy you'll ever meet:

Too nice to date, naturally.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 6:28 am

sly279 wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
SilverStar wrote:
Chronos wrote:
A guy is not friendzoned by the fact that the girl would rather be friends with him alone. The guy must then continue to maintain a relationship with the girl under the false cover of being a friend. And to this end, women become upset by these guys because they are liars. These guys claim to be a friend when they have ulterior motives, and often grow to harbor resentful and hostile feelings towards the woman.

Yes, guys lie about, and hide their intentions with women.

If a guy suddenly starts hanging around you all the time, or goes out of his way to talk to you, he is probably romantically interested, no matter if he tells you or not. Guys don't do this for no reason. If he asked you out and you turned him down, and he still wants to hang out with you, he is still interested, but he is just trying a different approach (pretending to be your best friend).

I love hanging out with me female friends. I enjoy talking to them and being there for them. I just got to meet a good friends boyfriend and it was so much fun. I talk to my best friend and my closest friend all the time. I have no romantic interest in then. I see them as family. I don't date. I go out of my way to talk to my friends.

Did you every have feelings for her romantically?
I could have female friends who I met when they are in a relationship and make it clear but if not I get romantic feelings for them and them rejected me won't make those go away and I don't wish to put myself through one sided love. I have a friend I met here who due to various reasons it wouldn't work out but that's different and we don't see each other just text over the internet.

I have never really had romantic
Feelings for anyone. I view them as family.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 3:03 pm

FunkyPunky wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
It's not a very nice feeling to know that you are in someone's "friendzone." Trust me, I have been "friendzoned" many times!

And so have basically most guys and gals.

But I have to live with it, and move on.

Sure, I have also experienced individual people I wanted to sex up having no interest in it, too. Neither you nor I set about making a map of the phenomenon. We didn't embed a bunch of tired old sexist ideas into the map and generalize it to apply to all women, as though one could accurately predict and become what all women want. We didn't make millions selling courses to an army of ethically sketchy devotees, either.

That's why I don't promote the use of the term. It seems valid on the surface, but comes laden with bad assumptions.

ETA, I did sort of try to make a map, but then I heard the Genesis song Counting Out Time and realized that people require more than a map.

funeralxempire wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
There are men who definitively throw a fit over being in the "friendzone."

But see, in the mindset of some posters here when men are hysterical and irrational it's perfectly justified, but when people who lack a Y chromosome do it, it's clearly due to their inability to be reasonable and absolutely unjustified. Just don't call them sexist or misogynistic or they'll have a meltdown. :wink:

These are exactly what I'm talking about. I plainly said in my original post that "guy" didn't say or even hint at anything sexist or wanting only sex or feeling entitled to anything. Just that he had been friendzoned. And then you two perfectly prove my point by IGNORING ALL OF THAT and talking about how sexist selfish and unreasonable "guy" is. This is why it's impossible to have an intelligent conversation about this. The unintelligent people have already set the status quo. They just have to make sure nobody ever challenges it.

No, I simply responded to a comment that men don't throw fits about being in the "friendzone" when some of them absolutely do.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 3:05 pm

Aaendi wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
FunkyPunky wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
There are men who definitively throw a fit over being in the "friendzone."

But see, in the mindset of some posters here when men are hysterical and irrational it's perfectly justified, but when people who lack a Y chromosome do it, it's clearly due to their inability to be reasonable and absolutely unjustified. Just don't call them sexist or misogynistic or they'll have a meltdown. :wink:

These are exactly what I'm talking about. I plainly said in my original post that "guy" didn't say or even hint at anything sexist or wanting only sex or feeling entitled to anything. Just that he had been friendzoned. And then you two perfectly prove my point by IGNORING ALL OF THAT and talking about how sexist selfish and unreasonable "guy" is. This is why it's impossible to have an intelligent conversation about this. The unintelligent people have already set the status quo. They just have to make sure nobody ever challenges it.

I didn't realize accurately describing my experiences in dealing with people complaining about the so-called 'friend-zone' was unintelligent. Just because you don't like my response doesn't make it invalid. I wasn't even responding to your OP, only commenting generically in response to XFG. I hope I didn't trigger you. :roll:

Yeah, it is unintelligent because you can't read what other men are thinking.

No, but I can tell a guy is pitching a fit when he is pitching a fit.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 5:01 pm

My connection will drop in a minute. Please stop with the nitpicking and flame wars, thank you. I'll clean this thread when I can.

EDIT: I've managed to clean the thread.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 5:22 pm

Chichikov wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
Don't really understand the fedora reference in the OP.

The kind of guys on dating sites, social media etc that present as "Nice Guys" always complaining that women only date jerks and that they're always friendzoned because they're too "nice" are equated with the type of guys that wear fedora hats, seemingly as a way to reinforce how unique and gentlemanly they are.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/fedora-shaming

Thanks for the education.

I've never been on a dating site, so I was unaware of the fedora phenomenon.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 6:14 pm

sly279 wrote:
wanderlust77 wrote:

There is a super fine line with that one. You can say that A FEW women SEEM to only be interested in a guy's money or status, because that is actually true. We women know it, and we do not respect it in other women. But to suggest that would be the only reason those women might be attracted to guy, or to suggest that women, in general, are like is a problem. It isn't true, and it is insulting. It is a bit like saying men are only capable of liking a woman if her assets are falling out; the insinuation is far too broad and negative. But to say it is a possibility for a particular individual when all the evidence in front of our eyes is suggesting it? That is Ok. Just be really careful to limit and couch the comment.

My friend's BIL got famous and she watched as women suddenly got very interested in a guy she knew to be below par. She was pretty blunt after meeting many of those women: its usually the money, although not always.

Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates made very intelligent marriages. They married women who are true partners; intellectually compatible and similar in pre-fame social status. We like and respect those women. And it is a pretty big signal to most women that these men aren't going to be easily torn out of their marriages. I don't know how many women throw themselves in front of them anyway, but it seems like it would be a waste of time.

Unlike my friend's BIL, who got divorced as soon as he got wealthy and started dating trophy types. I don't consider a man like him to be a catch. At all.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 6:19 pm

sly279 wrote:
Doesn't seem like it I look at older women profiles and ads too, they demand the same stuff 21 olds do. I have no interest in dating older women and never will even when I'm 40'i won't want to date a 40 old. Not that they'd date me it'll be worse for for me then. Most of them have a home and don't want a guy who doesn't have a great income. And they're less pretty as they age and don't want sex or romance anymore. As well as most have teenagers or adult children, nah I'll probably have to find a way to die after 35. North Korea heating up though so maybe or a war with China, maybe the military would lower their standards if they had to draft people. I dont know there's always possibility of random accident too, whatever I hope it's instant I'm not one for pain.

Um, it seems you missed the research that says women meet their sexual peak at around 40. Unlike men, who peak around 18. Or something like that; I may not have the exact ages memorized right, but the concept holds. You are wrong that women of a certain age don't want sex or romance anymore, although it is possible that some with kids or careers may get too busy to prioritize it. Still, bad assumption.

Also, what we are attracted to changes as we age. I can't look at a very young man in "that" way anymore. All I see is a kid.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 6:35 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
sly279 wrote:
wanderlust77 wrote:

There is a super fine line with that one. You can say that A FEW women SEEM to only be interested in a guy's money or status, because that is actually true. We women know it, and we do not respect it in other women. But to suggest that would be the only reason those women might be attracted to guy, or to suggest that women, in general, are like is a problem. It isn't true, and it is insulting. It is a bit like saying men are only capable of liking a woman if her assets are falling out; the insinuation is far too broad and negative. But to say it is a possibility for a particular individual when all the evidence in front of our eyes is suggesting it? That is Ok. Just be really careful to limit and couch the comment.

My friend's BIL got famous and she watched as women suddenly got very interested in a guy she knew to be below par. She was pretty blunt after meeting many of those women: its usually the money, although not always.

Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates made very intelligent marriages. They married women who are true partners; intellectually compatible and similar in pre-fame social status. We like and respect those women. And it is a pretty big signal to most women that these men aren't going to be easily torn out of their marriages. I don't know how many women throw themselves in front of them anyway, but it seems like it would be a waste of time.

Unlike my friend's BIL, who got divorced as soon as he got wealthy and started dating trophy types. I don't consider a man like him to be a catch. At all.

Never said it's the only thing, but men could met 99% of all their other requirements and have a min wage job and they wouldn't date him. A mans income is one of if not the most important things women require. Most won't date a loser who's personality they like and share hobbies with

I meet a lot of women's requirements but I don't have a real job and this they say I'm not a real man.
Just like I've never called women gold diggers. I simple say most women won't date a guy unless he has a certain income and women get all defysnd assume I'm calling them gold diggers. Most aspie women here even say they won't date a guy who doesn't have a good job. It's pretty much a universal standard. It's a carryover from the past when women didn't work but women won't let it go. There's no meninism movmoto push to get rid of it either. It's going get worse to as labor jobs are replaced by robots. Men go to college less then women. So more women will get good jobs while more men will lose good jobs.