I have a question for male feminists

Page 1 of 8 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 3:01 pm

Thus far doesn't seem like anyone on this forum is offended by the statement 'not all men are like that' in reference to seeing women as sex objects and owing them sex...I mean I think that is kind of a given.

However there certainly are men who do see women as sex objects and think they owe them sex...and that is certainly a problem. So if the context of your 'not all men' is your default response whenever anyone brings up the issue of men who are like that I could see it bothering people.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 7:00 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Thus far doesn't seem like anyone on this forum is offended by the statement 'not all men are like that' in reference to seeing women as sex objects and owing them sex...I mean I think that is kind of a given.

However there certainly are men who do see women as sex objects and think they owe them sex...and that is certainly a problem. So if the context of your 'not all men' is your default response whenever anyone brings up the issue of men who are like that I could see it bothering people.

I think it depends on which feminism we're talking about. Your misandrist, rape culture feminist who keeps consistent with the rabies-infested echo chamber would be obligated to get offended because men by nature ARE like that. Men claiming this definition of feminism would be forced to acknowledge their own animalistic tendencies and desire to oppress and use women.

WHY a man would ever do that is beyond me. Male homosexuality would firmly kill the argument of "all men" since one might reasonably assume gay men have no sexual interest in women--unless you take male homosexuality as a form of misogyny. I would think gay men are largely ambivalent towards women, hence why I'd say the "all men" generalization is inaccurate.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 8:22 pm

You don't serve the country, you don't get to make important decisions about it. That sounds fair to me. It's people who reap all the benefits who have not worked for them that are ruining the US.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 10:44 pm

Aaendi wrote:
If you claim that you don't see women as sex objects or feel like they owe you sex, why do you get offended when a MRA says "not all men are like that" when apparently you're a man and you are "not like that"?

I don't, they're correct.

But if they're constantly expressing opinions that show that they do, I won't let them hide behind the fact that not all men do.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 10:47 pm

Marknis wrote:
What bigotry? Just because I dislike SJWs does not make me a homophobe or racist or sexist.

Expressing homophobic and racist and sexist viewpoints however, would make one a homophobe, racist or sexist. :wink:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 11:28 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Marknis wrote:
What bigotry? Just because I dislike SJWs does not make me a homophobe or racist or sexist.

Expressing homophobic and racist and sexist viewpoints however, would make one a homophobe, racist or sexist. :wink:

I don't have any of those viewpoints. I was terrorized by my older brother who had, and still has, all those viewpoints and I refuse to model myself after him.

I don't have an issue with sane feminists. I just hate ones with SJW leanings and accuse me of being a Donald Trump Jr. despite how the people they claim are my "brothers" terrorized me. MRAs I have little experience with. One, Karen Straughan, seemed to be decent while Roosh V is just angry that women aren't performing oral sex on command like mindless robots to him.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 2:31 pm

If anything, I feel like the one who has been consistently labeled and attacked. I expressed dismay at what looks like bigotry, and apparently that put me into a class of people where I can be blamed for everything that the other members of that class have done. It makes it impossible to have a discussion of issues. I've so far failed to have a discussion of the dynamic which makes discussing the issues impossible.

I don't see much point in having a problem measuring contest, but I appreciate the unpredictable effects of sustained abuse on the way people think. I suffered from it for a long time, myself. We all have problems, here, I'd guess.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 3:57 pm

I am egalitarian and think both sides seem a little crazy. All my besties are females and we have a blast hanging out.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 10:40 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
I am egalitarian and think both sides seem a little crazy. All my besties are females and we have a blast hanging out.

you're a smart guy. :wink:

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 10:49 pm

maybe a male feminist is a guy who wants to satisfy women because he can't get any?

why do u care about the opinions of that type of guys anyway?
maybe those guys think women will find that attractive/appealing to them? i really don't understand.

btw i despise a man who treats women badly, and am all for women rights ,esp in parts of the world where women are discriminated against, but i don't really overthink this modern feminism. actually i don't take those "female" feminists seriously.

a male feminist = i think its funny :D t

they kinda remind me of those poor guys who are obsessed with the alpha male thing. i am aware they are against each other, two different ways, but at the end of the day "both types of guys" are actually (obsessed) with women.

why people cant be normal. i mean everything in moderation is even fine =)

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 10:50 pm

Boxman108 wrote:
You don't serve the country, you don't get to make important decisions about it. That sounds fair to me. It's people who reap all the benefits who have not worked for them that are ruining the US.

There are other ways of "serving the country" you know. The military isn't for everyone. Not everyone wants to become a psychopathic mass-murderer.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 11:06 pm

Face the face, got to face the face

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 1:07 am

awkward facepalm wrote:
maybe a male feminist is a guy who wants to satisfy women because he can't get any?

i am not sure if the word "satisfy" is correct in the context of the sentence.

maybe i should have used the word "impress" instead of "satisfy" , like for example:
( he does that because who wants to impress women)

im not sure. sorry my english is not very good..

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 4:40 am

awkward facepalm wrote:
awkward facepalm wrote:

maybe i should have used the word "impress" instead of "satisfy" , like for example:

I agree with this. Being a male feminist is just creepy imo.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 4:43 am

Closet Genious wrote:
awkward facepalm wrote:
awkward facepalm wrote:

I agree with this. Being a male feminist is just creepy imo.

I should have figured that this thread would become Known Bigots Insult Male Feminists.

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 5:08 am

i hope no one takes anything i say personally.
i usually post in the threads without reading people's posts.
and after i post , whenever i visit the site again, i look at my latest posting history and usually scroll down the pages that i posted in to see if someone quoted me, etc