Page 3 of 12 [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 3:37 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Jeez sly, you don't have to hijack every single thread to make it about you.

I replie where I feel I can.

You do a lot of hijacking by your logic includ This thread.

It seems to me her thread was made in frustration about me and other such guys here who complain about our lack of love life and how she’s done trying to help us.
And telling us to find something else.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 3:42 am

^ she's not done trying to help you.
She's giving some very wise and helpful advice.
I.e. trying to help you.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 4:22 am

sly279 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Jeez sly, you don't have to hijack every single thread to make it about you.

I replie where I feel I can.

You do a lot of hijacking by your logic includ This thread.

It seems to me her thread was made in frustration about me and other such guys here who complain about our lack of love life and how she’s done trying to help us.
And telling us to find something else.

No, that's her thread, not yours.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 5:17 am

hurtloam wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Seriously. I give up. Just find something else to focus your attention on. Not every one can find 'love' whatever the hell that's meant to be.

stop being shallow. date guys who are losers.

Now see I can see dating guys who don't fit in with the normies...but if someone is an actual loser like they literally don't do anything and blame every other person for any of their problems regardless of how minor, then I'd say they need to improve themselves before worrying about getting a date.

I take it you mean people the normies may call 'losers' for not fitting in perfectly...rather than actual losers.

but yeah even quirky non-NT guys ignore me. So no dice.

date guys who are like you. male versions of you.

Honestly, that's a good advice to a lot of women who can't find the Mr. Perfect.

Even tho, hurtloam, your problem is that you just need to, well....widen her criteria a tiny bit. You know what I am talking about.

You can't keep hoping to find this golden needle in a massive haystack.

I'd rather be alone than have the stress of someone who can't share my life. I don't want a relationship enough to give up my life for someone who won't participate in what my life is or who can't even understand it.

And those saying, 'date a loser'. I don't want a relationship enough to tie myself to someone who will drag me down. Whom I'll have to run round after. If he can't get his life together why should I take him on like a nanny?

It's worse to be tied to someone who makes your life more difficult than it is to be alone.

I have the freedom to do whatever I want and I won't give that up for someone incompatible.

Definitely DON’T date a loser. That’s the worst advice I’ve ever heard. You’re not a loser.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 6:55 am

When someone loves someone what they are saying is that they are having fun and are happy with that person spending time with them, and since Hurtloam is not happy or is having fun with the people she's encountered then I don't blame her that love is not her thing. Love is getting too dark for her at this moment, and like her I think it would be best to take a break. I've already seen a couple of her posts where she got very sad and upset about it, so yes Hurtloam please take a break from it if you are not having fun or am happy. She can get back to love anytime she wants to and pick any guy she wants to pick. Better she dump a man she is not happy with and stay single for a while than to end up in a terrible relationship which feels traumatic and painful.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 8:39 am

ZachGoodwin wrote:
When someone loves someone what they are saying is that they are having fun and are happy with that person spending time with them, and since Hurtloam is not happy or is having fun with the people she's encountered then I don't blame her that love is not her thing. Love is getting too dark for her at this moment, and like her I think it would be best to take a break. I've already seen a couple of her posts where she got very sad and upset about it, so yes Hurtloam please take a break from it if you are not having fun or am happy. She can get back to love anytime she wants to and pick any guy she wants to pick. Better she dump a man she is not happy with and stay single for a while than to end up in a terrible relationship which feels traumatic and painful.

Nicely put.

Apart from the being able to 'pick any guy' I want. Guys make choices too and they can say no to me and always do.

But yes taking a break and finding other things to focus on is best for me right now.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 9:09 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Quote:
What about a male version of you? Income wise.

Not sure what you mean? Someone different to me, but with equal income.

No money isn't everything. I'd rather have someone compatible. You know the guitar guy I liked. I showed you a photo. He did a menial job and earned less than me, but I liked his personality (and obviously his looks) but money wasn't an issue... to me. Maybe to him. Maybe that's part of why he was cautious with me even though he seemed to like me. Maybe he thought I was too materialistic and career focussed to be compatible with him.

*Ditching Political correctness*

We men, in the manosphere, we assume this about all women honestly, that they care about the status. Men talk about this all the time between them when there's no female presence.

So yes, when a woman earns more than us, we (men) automatically assume that she won't like us - and what reinforces our belief even more that our assumption often turns to be correct; so it's a an ever lasting reinforcing cycle.

So if a woman really likes a guy poorer than her (O Hallelujah!), then a (significant) extra effort has to be made by the woman in order to convince him that money isn't an issue for her.

Otherwise it won't work.

You're not wrong. I myself would never dare ask out a woman who earns more than me. If one showed interest in me I'd be immediately suspicious about her motives or mental stability.

No offense to the others.

But I believe I am one of the users who's always right. :twisted:

And time always prove my words right later on. Not kidding, but I always hear "So you were right after all" in real life from others who opposed my views earlier.

What WP really needs is a bit of more honesty, and way less political correctness.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 10:38 am

I still think it's "luck" in the case of Hurtloam.

If I were in England, and not married, I would find her desirable---definitely.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 10:39 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
No offense to the others.

But I believe I am one of the users who's always right. :twisted:

And time always prove my words right later on. Not kidding, but I always hear "So you were right after all" in real life from others who opposed my views earlier.

What WP really needs is a bit of more honesty, and way less political correctness.

Let's not get carried away.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 3:47 pm

sly279 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Seriously. I give up. Just find something else to focus your attention on. Not every one can find 'love' whatever the hell that's meant to be.

That is what I did for a bit, after realizing my desire for a relationship was contributing to allowing myself to be led on and such. Basically I was kinda desperate for one so rather than really obeserving the situation and making sure me and the guys I met with were on the same page I'd just jump in, be willing to have sex right away and well it led to getting led on and ghosted. So I took a break, I didn't tell myself 'it can never happen' but yeah at least for me it helped to focus on other things for a while...as well as working to improve my mental health.

I cannot guarantee anything, but sometimes if you're throwing all of yourself into one thing, and its not working out...perhaps its a good idea to switch it up and focus on something else for a while.

And if there’s literally nothing else to focus on?

Well it doesn't make sense to me that there would be nothing else whatsoever to focus on. Even if there isn't another issue that needs solving what about listening to music, watch shows/movies, play a video game or any kind of hobby that entertains you. I realize those things do not replace a relationship, but those allow you to keep some personality if you're only interest is a girlfriend....well what happens when you have one. They aren't going to want you attached to them at the hip 24/7 so you'll have to have other things besides the girlfriend to occupy yourself anyways.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 3:55 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Quote:
What about a male version of you? Income wise.

Not sure what you mean? Someone different to me, but with equal income.

No money isn't everything. I'd rather have someone compatible. You know the guitar guy I liked. I showed you a photo. He did a menial job and earned less than me, but I liked his personality (and obviously his looks) but money wasn't an issue... to me. Maybe to him. Maybe that's part of why he was cautious with me even though he seemed to like me. Maybe he thought I was too materialistic and career focussed to be compatible with him.

*Ditching Political correctness*

We men, in the manosphere, we assume this about all women honestly, that they care about the status. Men talk about this all the time between them when there's no female presence.

So yes, when a woman earns more than us, we (men) automatically assume that she won't like us - and what reinforces our belief even more that our assumption often turns to be correct; so it's a an ever lasting reinforcing cycle.

So if a woman really likes a guy poorer than her (O Hallelujah!), then a (significant) extra effort has to be made by the woman in order to convince him that money isn't an issue for her.

Otherwise it won't work.

You're not wrong. I myself would never dare ask out a woman who earns more than me. If one showed interest in me I'd be immediately suspicious about her motives or mental stability.

Yes only a horribly mentally ill woman would ever accept someone who doesn't make more than her.

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Nov 2017, 7:38 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

Now see I can see dating guys who don't fit in with the normies...but if someone is an actual loser like they literally don't do anything and blame every other person for any of their problems regardless of how minor, then I'd say they need to improve themselves before worrying about getting a date.

I take it you mean people the normies may call 'losers' for not fitting in perfectly...rather than actual losers.

Honestly, that's a good advice to a lot of women who can't find the Mr. Perfect.

Even tho, hurtloam, your problem is that you just need to, well....widen her criteria a tiny bit. You know what I am talking about.

I'd rather be alone than have the stress of someone who can't share my life. I don't want a relationship enough to give up my life for someone who won't participate in what my life is or who can't even understand it.

And those saying, 'date a loser'. I don't want a relationship enough to tie myself to someone who will drag me down. Whom I'll have to run round after. If he can't get his life together why should I take him on like a nanny?

It's worse to be tied to someone who makes your life more difficult than it is to be alone.

I have the freedom to do whatever I want and I won't give that up for someone incompatible.

Definitely DON’T date a loser. That’s the worst advice I’ve ever heard. You’re not a loser.

can women be losers?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 7:48 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

can women be losers?

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Nov 2017, 10:18 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

can women be losers?

not a trap, a curious question. seems like its only guys that is called losers this days

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 11:00 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

Yes only a horribly mentally ill woman would ever accept someone who doesn't make more than her.

My own mother believes women marry up. So when my entire life experience with women has been mostly negative, and most of what I see confirms what my mother has always told me, I'm naturally going to be paranoid of women who might show interest in me despite being of a higher class. If I'm not earning more than the woman, then it's a question of "what am I offering if not the monies". Clearly it's not my looks or personality because that's never worked, lol.

Before you start sharing your life story with me about how you didn't date up, remember you are on an autistic support website and you represent the minority of women, so I'm going to take any of your views with a grain of salt. I also take the views of the men here with a grain of salt, so don't feel too bad. :P

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 11:04 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:
can women be losers?

not a trap, a curious question. seems like its only guys that is called losers this days

Want to see some absolute loser women? Watch the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Jesus Christ.